Darkmoon faire...?

58 Undead Death Knight
We should really stop all this theorising, or else Blizzard will come on to this forum for a few minutes, notice we like talking about them, and then decide that we'd love a Darkmoon Fair-Old God raid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
04/07/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Gandred
We should really stop all this theorising, or else Blizzard will come on to this forum for a few minutes, notice we like talking about them, and then decide that we'd love a Darkmoon Fair-Old God raid.

WOuld you REALLY hate a fun Old-God Carnival themed raid? Have some carnies rebel against Silas! Make the difficulty just roflstomp, hell, maybe even make it soloable!
Reply Quote
04/07/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Gandred

That sounds.... AWSOME!!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
From WowHead:

Quotes froma ghost:

"I ran away from my home in Strom after my father tried to kill me."
"I remember telling Silas, "I never want to see my family again."
"For most of my life the faire has been my home."
"I joined the faire as a child..."

posted by a user in response on wowhead:

"Notice that this lad says he is from Strom. Strom ceased to be about 1000 years ago when the nobility left to found Stormwind and those who stayed behind renamed the city Stromgarde. That means the Darkmoon Faire has been around for at least a thousand years. But gnomes as we know them have likely only existed for a few centuries. So what in the world is Silas?"So...yea. I think we've figured this one out.

/hifive
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
From WowHead:

Quotes froma ghost:

"I ran away from my home in Strom after my father tried to kill me."
"I remember telling Silas, "I never want to see my family again."
"For most of my life the faire has been my home."
"I joined the faire as a child..."

posted by a user in response on wowhead:

"Notice that this lad says he is from Strom. Strom ceased to be about 1000 years ago when the nobility left to found Stormwind and those who stayed behind renamed the city Stromgarde. That means the Darkmoon Faire has been around for at least a thousand years. But gnomes as we know them have likely only existed for a few centuries. So what in the world is Silas?"So...yea. I think we've figured this one out.

/hifive

Woah... Im creeped out a bit now.
DEATH TO THE GNOME HEATHEN!!!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Well that part about "gnomes as we know them" only existing for less than 1000 years seems a little faulty since there's no reason to think they haven't been around for as long as every other race afflicted by the Curse of Flesh.

However, the fact that Silas himself would have to be alive for over a thousand years is the important and eerie part, as that is unprecedented....
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
All the evidence adds up...

I think Silas is a minion of an Old God, or maybe an Old God himself.

Like how Yogg'Saron would disguise his tentacle to look like Sarah in Ulduar.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
04/08/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Erech
But gnomes as we know them have likely only existed for a few centuries.

more than that

one of the guardians of tirisfal when aegywyn was still training was a gnome

and shes 1000 years old
Edited by Dragonheals on 4/14/2012 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well, I assume it is called DARKmoon faire for a reason :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This again...

Not everything needs to mean something guys. Darkmoon Isle can just be creepy for its own sake because, well, carnivals are kinda creepy.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
04/13/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Greblon
However, the fact that Silas himself would have to be alive for over a thousand years is the important and eerie part, as that is unprecedented....

names being passed on by father to son,to generation to generation, maybe?

You guys are all thinking old gods and such XD
Edited by Jaburah on 4/17/2012 11:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]