Why do I have to do normal DS for gear?

85 Human Priest
it's about seeing the content!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/07/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Gatoddy
Alrighty. When you can go into normal DS in full pvp gear, ignore every mechanic and down a boss with 3 or more people afk I'll agree with you.

To date ive 9 manned every boss on normal 10m. By sheer percentages thats the same as having 3 people afk. We didnt start off intentionally 9 manning them but thats kinda how it works out when you have a dc or glitch. Had a mage not get his parachute on spine and had a healer fall through on madness. Fun times.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
OMG, my doorbell just rang. It was the UPS man delivering me free purples, irl! Yussss!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Go kill a boss on Heroic or Normal and stop complaining about Looking For Raid. It was the worst thing Blizzard has ever done and the fact you can't pug or kill a normal boss in a raid is just depressing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
04/06/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Trixdon
A perfect example of this is that blizzard got rid of tier 2 stats for Pvpers so this should not be asking too much.

Not on weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
how do troll posts like these go 3 pages nowadays :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Why do you feel you need the gear if you are only going to do LFR? And if you are doing normal mode you will get the gear along the way. I'm 8/8H and the second I killed H Madness I found that I didn't give a damn about loot anymore. I just like to kill bosses.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Rogue
04/06/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Trixdon
Why do LFR and normal DS not have the same gear stats? I work almost twice as hard in LFR because people don't pull their weight than any normal DS my main has been in. Not to mention I always have to explain the fights and do extra work on boss fights for other people. I feel as though I should get the equal stats that people get after getting loot in normal DS. Simple as that. The only gear that should be different is herioc.

No, you get a cookie for that. Check your mailbox, Blizz always sends me a cookie when I do all that hard work.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
05/19/2012 10:42 PMPosted by Shanzhang
how do troll posts like these go 3 pages nowadays :(

Done with raid content in game = RAID TEH FORUMZZ!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Normal DS is easier than LFR .. because you (hopefully!) don't have griefers in your group, you can carry some dead weight as long as it isn't actively trying to f you up.

I've been in more LFR madness wipes than normal mode ones.. we 7-manned normal once. The healing in LFR is generally terrible, even with 6 healers supposedly healing, they really struggle at the end of platforms 3 and 4.
Edited by Lusignan on 5/20/2012 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
05/19/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Bfourwarnëd
Alrighty. When you can go into normal DS in full pvp gear, ignore every mechanic and down a boss with 3 or more people afk I'll agree with you.

To date ive 9 manned every boss on normal 10m. By sheer percentages thats the same as having 3 people afk. We didnt start off intentionally 9 manning them but thats kinda how it works out when you have a dc or glitch. Had a mage not get his parachute on spine and had a healer fall through on madness. Fun times.

And you did this on the 1st day of the 4.3 release while completely ignoring boss mechanics? Grats.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
04/06/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Trixdon
Look man it you want reg gear mr troll you have to do reg. Be glad you get gear from the LFR at all. Come on the only semi hard fight is ultraxion if everyone is stupid. Other then that the bosses are face roll. If you want stats buy valor gear with the 397 iLvl with all that valor you get only down side just no set bonuses. Bla bla bla that's not fair, you say you try hard then try hard on reg if you want the reg gear easy as that

Do you always call people a troll if they say something you don't like? I always buy valor gear when I have enough points. You missed my whole point entirely so yea.... hard to respond to you. Plus, ultraxion is not the only hard boss in LFR.

Did you seriously just call something in LFR hard?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
If by "just" you mean a month and a half ago, yes he did
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
This debate is simply worded the wrong way. He meant normal DS should be dropping LFR loot now that's it's been nerfed 20%.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Beat people in LFR.

Must come to forums as if I deserve more because I'm god's gift to raiding.

Did I miss anything else OP?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
04/06/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Trixdon
Look man it you want reg gear mr troll you have to do reg. Be glad you get gear from the LFR at all. Come on the only semi hard fight is ultraxion if everyone is stupid. Other then that the bosses are face roll. If you want stats buy valor gear with the 397 iLvl with all that valor you get only down side just no set bonuses. Bla bla bla that's not fair, you say you try hard then try hard on reg if you want the reg gear easy as that

Do you always call people a troll if they say something you don't like? I always buy valor gear when I have enough points. You missed my whole point entirely so yea.... hard to respond to you. Plus, ultraxion is not the only hard boss in LFR.

He didnt miss it, he IS THE TROLL LOL and Just TROLLED YOU! But i agree about having to work twice as hard in LFR, in Reg DS i just do my job, use my personal CD's but in LFR it is like working hard but i DONT agree that those bads in LFR should get 397 gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]