Are twinks dead?

51 Undead Rogue
I haven't played since BC. I decided to make a new account entirely and twink each level up to 85 on my main. ALOT has changed since BC, haha.

From what I understand locked exp BGs and unlocked BGS have entirely different Q times. I'm wondering if there is still a big enough twink community as to not affect the q times that much.

Really sad to see level 60 twinks are dead, as I had two on my old account and had a blast with them but this is mainly concerning the level 19 Bracket up to 59.

BTW since rogues can now choose an end-game talent at level 10, wouldn't dps be more viable on MUT instead of the old school ambush spec?

And for those wondering why the hell am I twinking a main up to 85, It's because I have some insane idea of getting every single PvP achievement, WSG, AB, and AV would just be way easier to get the achievements in the lower brackets. Way too much health nowadays at the CAP :( seems like the achievements would just take forever trying to get them at 85.
Reply Quote
Some brackets are active and some are not.

60s are in really bad shape, but we still get pops every now and then.

70s are extremely active, if not the most active twink bracket to my knowledge.

49s pop 3 days a week, scheduled.

80s pop every day, que times vary depending on the time of day from what i've noticed. As for any other brackets, I don't play them so I don't know.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Priest
I suggest searching the forums for the active brackets.

Some may be the dead, some are only active during set times, and popular ones (eg 19s, 70s) seem to get 24hr pops (although obviously slower queues at non-peak times).
Reply Quote
29 Human Warrior
19's average 5min ques, 29's get games one day a week scheduled, 39's are dead.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Death Knight
80s are going to explode in MoP, just sayin.'
Reply Quote
10-14s have scheduled matches
15-19s are still active, 3rd most active
20-24s are currently the most active due to the amount of trial accounts
25-29s have scheduled matches
35-39s have scheduled matches but will die off from month to month.
45-49s have scheduled matches
60-64s are active
70-74s are still active, 2nd most active
80-84s are slightly active, they got pops but not due to scheduled times.
Reply Quote
59 Draenei Shaman
To elaborate on part of Zcer's post, brackets with schedules:

29s: Tuesdays starting 9pm EST/6pm PST
39s: (currently dormant)
49s: Mon/Thurs/Sat starting 10pm EST/7pm PST
Reply Quote
70 Dwarf Shaman
pp
04/07/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Miltboer

Yeah, when MoP greens are available to level 84's, it will open the gap between the 80 and 84 even further.

Can't wait.
Edited by Facington on 4/7/2012 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
04/07/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Facington

Yeah, when MoP greens are available to level 84's, it will open the gap between the 80 and 84 even further.

Can't wait.

Is it bad that my first thought was "cha-ching"?
Reply Quote
81 Human Death Knight
Maybe Blizz won't go full retard and make mop gear 85 and up. That would be a nice change. Hey, Blizzard, don't go full retard with the mop gear for anyone under 85. Thanks.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
04/07/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Darleia
Maybe Blizz won't go full retard and make mop gear 85 and up. That would be a nice change. Hey, Blizzard, don't go full retard with the mop gear for anyone under 85. Thanks.

That would involve thinking, and blizzard doesn't consider anything unless there's a price tag attached.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
10-14s have scheduled matches
15-19s are still active, 3rd most active
20-24s are currently the most active due to the amount of trial accounts
25-29s have scheduled matches
35-39s have scheduled matches but will die off from month to month.
45-49s have scheduled matches
60-64s are active
70-74s are still active, 2nd most active
80-84s are slightly active, they got pops but not due to scheduled times.

When you say 70-74s are most active would the majority of the people in the bracket be level 70, or level 74? I'm assuming 74, since you will be able to get a lot more wrath gear, but there is the novelty of being at an old level cap there.
Edited by Fóg on 4/7/2012 10:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
29 Human Warrior
most classes stay 70 for secondary stat scaling, occasionally you see 71's for niff axes, 72 pallys for wings and theres a few 74 hunters running around
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
04/07/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Dustfingur

That would involve thinking, and blizzard doesn't consider anything unless there's a price tag attached.

Actually, in the beta I have yet to come across a sub-85 boe green item.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Druid
04/08/2012 01:10 AMPosted by Cobalt

Hopefully this remains true.

They always mess up the brackets at the start of expansions with this type of gear.
Reply Quote
81 Human Death Knight

There is hope! You wouldn't happen to know if the sub 70 trinket is still 5 minutes or not?
Reply Quote
74 Draenei Shaman
04/07/2012 10:51 PMPosted by Fóg
When you say 70-74s are most active would the majority of the people in the bracket be level 70, or level 74? I'm assuming 74, since you will be able to get a lot more wrath gear, but there is the novelty of being at an old level cap there.

To detail a bit on what Guttedclass said, many players stay at 70 for better secondary stats. Going above 70 causes a (roughly) 8% drop in secondary stats (crit, hit, resil, haste, etc.) per level, so at 74 you're down 33% to a comparatively geared 70. That said, abilities and spells climb about 6% per level, reaching maybe 25% by 74.

Thanks to really strong PvP and PvE gear at 70, most class/spec combos are better off using said gear even when they go above 70. A few exceptions exist, the most notable being the Nifflevar Axe from Archeology, that Gutted mentioned.

With the exception of some class abilities (like the aforementioned wings for pallies, or cyclone for druids), going above 70 is basically another way to become more of a glass cannon.

I hope the same goes for the quests. If any quests in MoP start below 85, that'll present the same kind of trouble.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]