(H) <Corvidae> Looking for Shaman and Warrior

90 Blood Elf Priest
...As of now, any and all member of the Corvidae Battalion are on notice. We are once again on active duty. All officers, all soldiers, and all healers, we will need your services...

Thats right! We are remilitarizing our focus in preparation of MoP. New RP, PvE and PvP ramping up over the next few weeks, and well into MoP! Ranks have been renamed; all members are now enlisted or commissioned officers as per the official ranks of the Horde Military.

At the end of September we will receive our marching orders. Our destination is unknown. Ashenvale to continue the fight with the Warsongs against the Night Elves? Theramore to rid the Alliance of a vital trade and transport hub? Or directly to the Alliance's doorsteps at Stormwind itself? Only time will tell, but we will be ready for whatever the future holds.

FOR THE HORDE!

((Details: http://corvidae.wowstead.com/pages/news/288333-guild-meeting-aug-12th-notes))
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
...As of now, any and all member of the Corvidae Battalion are on notice. We are once again on active duty. All officers, all soldiers, and all healers, we will need your services...

Thats right! We are remilitarizing our focus in preparation of MoP. New RP, PvE and PvP ramping up over the next few weeks, and well into MoP! Ranks have been renamed; all members are now enlisted or commissioned officers as per the official ranks of the Horde Military.

At the end of September we will receive our marching orders. Our destination is unknown. Ashenvale to continue the fight with the Warsongs against the Night Elves? Theramore to rid the Alliance of a vital trade and transport hub? Or directly to the Alliance's doorsteps at Stormwind itself? Only time will tell, but we will be ready for whatever the future holds.

FOR THE HORDE!

((Details: http://corvidae.wowstead.com/pages/news/288333-guild-meeting-aug-12th-notes))

New Ranks! (Ranks are not changing, but the titles of them are.)

GM= Commander
Raid Leader= General
Officer= Warlord
Class Resource= Centurion
Officer Alts= Champion
Raider= Blood Guard
Casual= Sergeant
Initiate= Grunt
Alt= Scout
We Miss You= On Leave

IC channel!
(Battalion communication only.)

IC events driven by our guild.
PVP skirmishes, missions to capital cities to provide war supplies IC, military training, etc.

Once MoP starts, we will have IC missions for PVP and PVE, and rewards for accomplishing guild goals. There will be challenge mode heroic runs with IC components. Gold, items, artwork, and guild perks are some of the rewards that those completing them will receive. The first of each class and profession to max level in the guild will receive special recognition!

Raid groups will begin as soon as enough raiders in each group are geared. We anticipate both new and existing groups, and possible a casual 25 man raid group as well. There will also be a scheduled weekly guild Raid Finder run.

We may be promoting additional officers, raid leaders, and class resources as we get closer to September.

See our new writing prompts and threads in the forums for more info!!
Edited by Aellynne on 8/13/2012 6:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It has been too long since Ayiana had seen real battle. Not the simple skirmishes in Tol Barad or the laughable attacks on Silvermoon. True, vicious, violent, bloody War. Everyone in the Horde was restless. She could see it on the faces of her friends and collegues. The Orgrimmar guards were harrassing people for no reason. Strangers broke out in brawls in the middle of the Auction Houses. One meat vendor got knocked on the head with her own raptor thigh.

The study of her home was littered with books and scrolls. Ayiana sat on the floor amidts a pile larger than herself. She currently had a purple-bound book open, with glowing text and runes on the pages. She had spent the past two days catching up on her spellcrafts, enchantment recipes, and combat techniques.

Now that deployment was imminent, Ayiana was determined to be prepared for the coming conflicts. True, war and conflict was not the best way to live on this world, but too many people have lived with and known war too long to live otherwise.

She would be ready.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
War is coming. Not that such a concept is new, but it took me by surprise all the same. I am not ready to live through this nightmare again. And I am certainly not able to do it feeling helpless to keep from losing anyone else I love.

I have been far removed from combat for well over two years now. I recently returned to active duty after having my daughter, but my time serving the Phoenix Guard has consisted of patrolling the city and healing minor wounds for citizens and other Knights. I had heard the rumors about the Horde mobilizing, but I chose to ignore them. That is, until I no longer could.

My mother’s battalion, Corvidae, has received orders to deploy. I came to Orgrimmar to hear her speech, and I tried to speak to her afterwards.

“I am coming,” I said. “You will need experienced healers.”

She looked at me for a long moment, one long brow raised as she regarded me with that piercing emerald gaze.

“I am coming,” I repeated.

She did not even say anything to me, but turned away to answer the dozens of other Battalion members waiting to ask for specifics about their orders.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
This morning, I tried again. I found her at her usual spot in Farstrider’s Square, doing daily target practice in full armor. She was conversing with a death knight unfamiliar to me while she shot arrow after arrow at a large wooden pole.

“I am coming,” I said.

She answered me this time, though her gaze did not leave the target. “No, “she murmured.

“You will need experienced healers,” I repeated, staring at her from my charger.

Another arrow was released with a hiss of a bowstring, and then another. The sound was a comforting one to me. Both my parents were Farstriders. Often I went to bed as a little girl, hearing that sound at night, and woke to hear the same thing in the mornings. A ranger at practice, keeping their aim true…it was the song of my childhood.

“I do not need another experienced healer as much as Meghan needs her mother at home with her,” she finally said. She still would not look at me, but her emerald eyes were narrowed and she was frowning slightly. I knew that look. My mother is a very kind and patient woman, but she is also one of the most stubborn people I have ever met.

She was not going to change her mind.

“Does it matter to you that I need my mother, as well?” I murmured softly, not even sure if she heard me. I let my gaze move downward, and stared at my gauntleted hands on the reins of my mount. The armor I wore was a glossy black and brilliant crimson, and my Blood Knight tabard still looked as unmarked as the day I had received it. “When are you getting me a Battalion tabard?” I asked a bit louder.

“You have a tabard. That one, “She gestured to me. “And it is what you are going to wear while we are gone.”

I seldom get angry, but I was now. Before Meghan, before my marriage to Furion, I had served both the Corvidae Battalion and the Argent Offensive in Icecrown. I had witnessed horrors that still plague me, and fought my share of Scourge and worse. I had the scars to prove it. My greatest strength in wielding the Light was to mend others, but I was not weak. I could protect both myself, and those who fought alongside me.

I could insure that when this Offensive was over, she would come back. It was more than I had been able to do for my father, or my brother. But for her, I could do it. And she refused to let me.

The man she had been talking to watched our exchange without any expression. Death knights can be unnervingly hard for me to read. But surely he sensed the increased tension in the air. I was finding it agonizing. I wanted to raise my voice to her, to argue, to plead. But, I have always been a person blessed (and cursed) with an abundance of empathy. In her determined expression I could see just how much denying me request was hurting her, too. She knew why I wanted to go.

She knew I was terrified that I was about to lose my remaining parent to Garrosh’s mad plans. I knew that she was fairly certain that I was going to. She finally lowered her ornate golden long bow, and met my eyes with her own.

“Anna,” she said softly. “You and your family are my reason for fighting so hard for our people’s safety. I need you here to give me a reason to come back. And if I don’t, Meghan will need her mother more than ever.” She turned back to the target, launching another volley of flaming arrows. But she did not avert her gaze quickly enough to keep me from seeing the glint of tears in her eyes.

I was not helping, I realized. I bowed to both her and the silent death knight. “I should get to my post. Are you still coming for dinner tonight, Mother?”

Eyes fixed on the target, she nodded. “I would not miss it,” she said. “I told Meghan I would bring her a kitten tonight.”

I bowed, and left the Square before I lost my composure. I made it to the Hall of Blood, and my fine tabard was what I used to wipe away the hot flood of tears that descended as soon as I was alone.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
It was bad news.

It was good news.

It was not surprising news.

Aellynne’s Battalion was being deployed. That did not obligate me entirely. But Keysnol was going to be travelling there as well with his own clan.

There was no force, save death, strong enough to keep me away from the two people I loved most in this world when so imperiled. I would burn down every square inch of Alliance territory myself, if that is what it would take to make sure that they remained safe.

Also, I had been very restless and slightly bored lately.

A trip would do me a lot of good. So would burning things.

No doubt Archmagister Fallfire would have come up with some fascinating arcane construct that I would enjoy witnessing decimate the enemies' forces. I heard a rumor that he had invented and ice cream cone that never ran out of ice cream. We could bring those, too.

I could not wait to leave.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Bump for pandas! And Orcs vs. Humans.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
FAQ:

Are you ICly really slaughtering Theramore?

Answer:

Yes.

Kill all humans.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Corvidae

Now with more green.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Corvidae

Now with more green.

We have plenty of green...

Sin'dorei eyes.
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Priest
What's your guys' raiding schedule?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
08/22/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Felory
What's your guys' raiding schedule?

We currently have four 10 man raid teams.

One meets Monday @ 6, one Tues/Thur @ 5:30, one Wed. @ 5:30, another Fri/Sat @ 6 st.

All teams clear DS with one or more heroic bosses, and the Tues/Thur team clears 8/8 heroic weekly.

In MoP, we anticipate the level of raiding activity to increase dramatically, so we have raid leaders lined up to help out when our raiders are ready to get into the new content!

Hope that helps!
Edited by Aellynne on 8/22/2012 9:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
YOU THERE. I love you. That is all.

<3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
YOU THERE. I love you. That is all.

<3

Sharin' the Priest love.

<3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Yes, Theramore.

You should reinforce your city. Send more guards.

More everything.

Yep.

...no reason.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Recruitment is currently closed.

We may reopen after MoP arrives and we can evaluate any new needs we have.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
This new stuff...

I'm liking it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I am a PvP god. Well, moreso now.

This new stuff...

I'm liking it.

Except the lack of new glyphs. Especially for priests.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Realm first working as a team, twice in a row!

Realm first Paladin too! We're on a roll!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Realm first working as a team, twice in a row!

Realm first Paladin too! We're on a roll!

Great job, guild!!

Everyone pitched in to get that guild realm first. You are amazing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]