Dear Blizz: Item level requirements

85 Worgen Druid
Dear Blizzard,

This system is broken. The 4.1 heroics require an item level of 346 in order to queue. However, this is *total* item level. In total, my character has around 348 item level. My healing gear has a level of 342. When I queue for heroics as a healer, I am thrown into ZG and ZA. But I cannot heal this! I cannot keep up! My item level is only 342, not 346, how the hell did I get in here? Even that item level is inflated, as I am using a piece of 390 pvp gear while I wait for a new chest piece!

Please make dungeon queueing decided by CURRENT item level, not EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER HELD item level. It was a brilliant idea to have queueing work like this, but it needs to be refined. I cannot gear up like this. I cannot progress in a decent amount of time. You have the valor rewards in place to help characters gear up to 4.3 LFR level, but I cannot get this valor, because I will have to selective queue in order to get into a heroic that I can actually heal.

TLDR; Separating equipped/total ilvl was almost the worst idea the design team ever came up with(Just short of RealID forum names), please only let us queue for heroics that are appropriate for our equipped ilvl.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
you dont really think 4 ilvls will fix your problem do you?

yes, your idea is a very good one...but not for the reasons you claim. :D
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
while i do agree it should be equiped ilevel not total....

as robo said the problem isnt 4 the 4ilevel you are missing its:
Character Audit
1 empty glyph slot
8 unenchanted items
4 empty sockets in 3 items
Missing Ebonsteel Belt Buckle
Reply Quote
while i do agree it should be equiped ilevel not total....

as robo said the problem isnt 4 the 4ilevel you are missing its:
Character Audit
1 empty glyph slot
8 unenchanted items
4 empty sockets in 3 items
Missing Ebonsteel Belt Buckle

Is he from Quel'Thalas???
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
4 item levels won't fix the problem, yes. That's the point. I want to get into the heroics that I CAN heal. I don't want to have to heal ZA/ZG in 4 item levels, I want to heal ZA/ZG when I know I'm ready for it, not whenever LFG wants me to bend over. Remember how it was its own queue set for ZA/ZG during 4.1? That's the kind of thing I would want, if not a rework of the ilvl system.

Oh boy, a character audit, aren't you cool. On the face that looks very bad, yes, but lets look at it technically instead. Even with all these improvements, I would still not be on par with the ZA/ZG encounters, as I would only have completely tooled out 342 armor(Which still doesn't meet the 346 ilvl 'requirement')

Glyphs that could fill that slot: 1 more target on Wild Regrowth(useless), reduc cd on thorns, innervate gives me mana when cast on other people. None of these have any sway on 5 man dungeons.

8 unenchanted items: Do you honestly enchant every single piece of transitory gear you acquire while gearing up? I don't have thousands of gold lying around for that. The gems are an issue, yes, but that is a very minor issue, one that will not make the difference between oom at 50% boss life and a full kill.

Missing ebonsteel belt buckle: Look at the ilvl and color on the belt. Yeah.

Since you've looked at my armory page(obviously), you can see that I can indeed heal 4.0 heroics perfectly fine! No trouble at all. My mana is pretty close to stable, etc., etc. I can do perfectly fine when LFG sends me into those. This isn't a post asking "hai guize am i rdy 2 raid yet", this is a post asking Blizzard why they decided that ZA and ZG didn't need their own tab in LFG anymore. I'm left with three options: Be !@#$ty heals till I get kicked, leave immediately and wait 30 minutes to requeue, or wipe the group and leave to skip the 30 minute wait. None of these are as appealing as simply not worrying about queueing for dungeons I cannot heal.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
04/08/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Kierkergaard
Do you honestly enchant every single piece of transitory gear you acquire while gearing up?

i dont, but i also dont complain about having a hard time in dungeons. Simple truth is that there are many easy ways you could bring your stats up to par with those dungeons, you just choose not to do them.

04/08/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Kierkergaard
this is a post asking Blizzard why they decided that ZA and ZG didn't need their own tab in LFG anymore.

because now that the gear isnt top, very few people would ever que for them
Edited by Superbleeder on 4/8/2012 5:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
04/08/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Superbleeder
because now that the gear isnt top, very few people would ever que for them

Imagine that. What a concept, eh?

And again, those ways wouldn't bring my stats up to par. My gear ilvl is *still* 342, no matter how much my enchants and gems cost.
Edited by Kierkergaard on 4/8/2012 6:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
i don't view the added variety as anything but a positive. With the added potentially huge benefit of pushing people to improve, though that's mostly lost on the community as they would rather cry for nerfs that get better.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Don't get me wrong, I think the difficulty is fine! I would love to be able to heal through ZG and ZA, they are beautifully done instances. I just want to do it when I CAN heal through it, not when the game thinks "If you take the best of your feral and healing gear, you could totally heal through that".
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
the point is, if your gear was enchanted/gemed then if you were at a high enough skill level you would be fine. But since your gear isnt enchanted/gemed and you don't have a high enough skill level, you have problems.

Personally i think you should have to pass the simple gear audit to even que randoms. Maybe a little built in leeway where say 1 or 2 unenchanted items doesn't bar you but just a simple check.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

It actually would because the other 4 people are thrown into it as well. Getting ZG/ZA as a queue now is pretty much losing in Russian roulette. Everyone is undergeared, and it's not worth the headache.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
04/08/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Kierkergaard
And again, those ways wouldn't bring my stats up to par. My gear ilvl is *still* 342, no matter how much my enchants and gems cost.

My god the ignorance.

ilevel...
SO
If gems/enchants raised a pointless # in your stat screen, you would use them?
Seriously?
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
04/08/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Asane

My god the ignorance.

ilevel...
SO
If gems/enchants raised a pointless # in your stat screen, you would use them?
Seriously?

i wow, i missed that, edited in after i read....ya im done with this thread, no hope to be found here.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid

It actually would because the other 4 people are thrown into it as well. Getting ZG/ZA as a queue now is pretty much losing in Russian roulette. Everyone is undergeared, and it's not worth the headache.

Finally, someone gets my point. I am not queueing for LFR or applying for a raid guild. I am trying to gear up my character, and I keep getting stuck with the bullet-chamber in roulette, when I shouldn't even have that chamber available.

I am not complaining about the difficulty of the fights. I am not complaining about not being able to heal well without enchanting/gemming my gear(Contrary, I want to have gear to gem up and enchant!). I AM complaining about the system which makes it difficult as balls to gear up. By what I have equipped, I should not be landing in ZA/ZG, enchants and gems or not. Whether or not I can heal it, whether or not I am skillful enough, the enchants and gems on my gear... It is all irrelevant to this point. I. Should. Not. Be. In. These. Instances. I do not want advice on what I am doing wrong as a healer, or how I have geared myself terribly, I was already aware of these facts.

Do you understand this point now? Or will you continue to belittle it with pointless elitism and comments about gems and enchants? LFG should queue based off equipped gear. It is unfair to both the queue-er, and the rest of the group. If you run LFR, do you like it when a tank with equipped ilvl 349 queues because his DPS set boosts him to 380? No? Now you understand my qualm, if it is but an exaggeration.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Kier you're very convinced of your inability to do those heroics. It's the wrong attitude...especially to go into what you assume to be a big challenge.

case in point we fought spine today. nobody expected a kill. But we removed a plate, fixed a lot of technical stuff and made great progression.

if we're to sit around screaming 'we cant do this'...its not going to kill itself.
Reply Quote
04/08/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Kierkergaard
Now you understand my qualm,

Your qualm is missing the reason you are failing. It isn't your ilvl at all. You can do za/zg with a group of 333 ilvl people.

What you don't understand is that you are having problems healing damage that shouldn't have been taken in the first place. If people would stay out of the fire and poison, if people would focus on that dang raptor, if people would stand by the chains and kill adds while leaving the big guy alone, there would be no problem.
Your entire argument is drawn around a false conclusion.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
04/08/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Kierkergaard
I AM complaining about the system which makes it difficult as balls to gear up.

I dont even.....

You can go from fresh lvl 85 to a lfr run in one weekend. Easily. Purples fall from the sky now. How the hell you can say gearing up is difficult is beyond me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/08/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Baelraug
I AM complaining about the system which makes it difficult as balls to gear up.

I dont even.....

You can go from fresh lvl 85 to a lfr run in one weekend. Easily. Purples fall from the sky now. How the hell you can say gearing up is difficult is beyond me.

Yeah, it's not hard. Annoying? Oh heck yeah. Hard? No.

That said, I'd love to see the zuls split off from the general queue so I never ever would see them again. I don't hate them as dungeons, but the people I'd be willing to run them with don't ever want to go there again under any circumstances, and I absolutely do not want to go there with a bunch of undergeared and inexperienced players who refuse to learn anything and regard any suggestion that they should as a personal insult.

Doesn't matter how much they nerf those places, people still won't stand on chains or kill ghosts. ZA actually isn't bad, though, since it was "challenging" based almost entirely on numbers rather than mechanics, and the numbers got nerfed.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
This is why you save your points and Void Storage your gear so that you don't get to 346 ilevel until you can get to 353.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]