Frostweave farming

Just looking for some opinions here as my main troll here is getting bogged down farming Converted Heros in Icecrown for Frostweave. I doesn't feel like Tailoring at this level was adjusted for cataclysm. but that is not actually my question. Is this really the best place in terms of volume and convience?

Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Honestly, best place is to do 5 mans since your only 81. Otherwise I could point you to a few places that I can solo.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
You're a mage.

Spec fire.

Go to Icecrown to where the converted heroes walk in packs of 7-10.

Blast Wave, Flamestrike until dead.

Loot.

Repeat ad nauseum.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
You are in the right place if you want to farm it all yourself. Otherwise you have a couple of options.

Scan the AH for inbued Frostweave. You can make frostweave bags with it ti skill up plus get your gold back (maybe more) by selling the bags on the AH. As long as the bags sell try to skill up when it is green.

The DMF provides a once a month +5 skill up quest. This is no good for folks who want it maxed now, but it does provide a nice way through some tough skill up areas for those than can wait a month or two.

To make things less of a grind by just a little bit, do the Argent Tournament dailies for titles/mounts/pets, etc. since most of those quests involve killing humanoids, you will get some Frostweave. A non-tailor without scavenging can get a few stacks a week just from doing dailies. So it would have to be better with the scavenging passive talent.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Mage
Tailoring is horribad to level. You're lucky you didn't level to 525 right after cata came out and embersilk was 300g per stack.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
The flood of netherweave in BC was a complete joke. Blizzard adjusted the drop rate so that individuals could still level first aid, and gave tailors scavanging so they could still gather their own cloth while leveling.

However, at least imo, tailoring is not a gathering profession, it is a crafting profession. As such, all of the cloth you need should be bought, not farmed, and you should be finding a method that makes your character the most gold per hour (such as leveling in your case). Your time is not free, and wasting time farming WotLK content is costing you a lot more then buying the cloth off of the AH should.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest
Now that you are past 425 tailoring you should be farming trog packs in western deepholm with a potion of treasure finding ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=58488#comments:120 . You can make a ton of gold farming there with your prof's.
Edited by Dobster on 4/10/2012 11:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
04/10/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Jozie
The flood of netherweave in BC was a complete joke. Blizzard adjusted the drop rate so that individuals could still level first aid, and gave tailors scavanging so they could still gather their own cloth while leveling.

So true.

I had a huge rep farming streak where I got Exalted with the Kurenai and Sha'tari Skyguard, Ended up with 100+ stacks of netherweave that I didn't know what to do with.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I was just about to have my Pally do those rep grinds...hadn't thought of what to do with all that Netherweave....
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
You are in the best spot. Nuke those groups 7 or 8 at a time. Also, level up to 85 and you won't even be stopping to eat/drink.
Reply Quote
29 Human Mage
You're a mage.

Spec fire.

Go to Icecrown to where the converted heroes walk in packs of 7-10.

Blast Wave, Flamestrike until dead.

Loot.

Repeat ad nauseum.
? thread over, do that and you'll have 1400+ cloth in 2 and a half hours
Tailoring=one of the easiest to level
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I did it and I didn't think it took all that long. Maybe 4 or 5 hours of farming. Tailoring really pays off with bags and enchants, tho. So, it was more than worth the effort.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]