True Friends.

90 Draenei Paladin
Yes and No.

There are people I've met who I value and enjoy being around immensely. However, after being burned a few times, I don't add anyone to RealID anymore and I don't go out of my way to learn personal details or share too many of mine.

There are some really great people out there, but I've met some that turned out to be real creeps too.
Reply Quote
23 Goblin Shaman
My old guild, <Dire Beef>, used to have yearly lan parties. Some of the guildies came to see some plays I'd been in.

They were a great bunch, I miss those days.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hai nim, also yes I do believe this in other aspects of the internet. I stream live video games and I've met the owner of the site for dinner quite a few times and gone to the arcade with him as well as another admin when I was in san antonio with my mom to be her "Caretaker" while she had some tests done at the hospital.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
I have made some really great friends in this game, one of which I found out went to my university and I've now been RL friends with him for several years.

I still keep in touch with some long distance friends from the game too, via Facebook and phone, a few of which I talk to on a regular basis (even if they don't still play WoW).
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I've made several who are usually couples playing wow. some have left, which leaves me with very little now.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I've added several friends from here on the forums to Real ID. They're truly what I can call true friends. I also have several friends I made in game YEARS ago and some of them are on Real ID and some aren't. But that's ok too.
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Death Knight
04/10/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Huggywuggles
I've added several friends from here on the forums to Real ID. They're truly what I can call true friends. I also have several friends I made in game YEARS ago and some of them are on Real ID and some aren't. But that's ok too.

Gnome Male in a Pink dress, horrifying.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, A few on WoW, but a majority of the friends I met were from the original Starcraft on BattleNet back in the late 90's, and I still play with them and chit chat on occasion to this day.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/10/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Nimila
Have YOU ever made one? What was the point that you knew that the person was a True Friend? If so, why? What happened that you knew that (s)he was a True Friend to you?

No. I don't consider people on the internet to be 'true friends.' For me, anyways. I'm sure people have made them. But for me - friends, sure. 'True' friends? Um. Not really. It'd be hard to 'prove' that they are, for me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I have done that very thing. In fact, I'm marrying said true friend. :)
Reply Quote
friends are leeches....keep at arms length =)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Met my boyo, and a slew of amazing friends over WoW.
Heck. Some of them are better friends than the ones I have who actually live close to me.

Through thick and thin.
I know that I can always rely on them. :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock

Heck. Some of them are better friends than the ones I have who actually live close to me.

Through thick and thin.
I know that I can always rely on them. :)

I know this feeling.

Plus, my RL friends aren't nearly as adept at slaying internet dragons.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/10/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Awkward

I know right? :)
It's practically an unspoken requirement now :P
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
A very good RL friend of mine is someone I met in WoW in early BC.

We still hang out together IRL and in fact, we have gone on vacation together in Mexico a few years ago (both of our families).
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I’ve absolutely made “true” friends over World of Warcraft (or other Blizzard games), and I’m thankful for each and every one. Be it some close friends who I speak with frequently, if not daily, or folks I see a few times a year at various out-of-game meet-ups, there are some people who are incredibly close to my heart that I wouldn’t have known without World of Warcraft in my life.

It’s truly a testament to the power of a community when players can reach out to one another and really get to know the unique, vibrant, and caring individuals behind our exotic avatars.

I’d say it’s rather awesome, really. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/10/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Awkward

What about other internet things? Can't just look at the dragons
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Met my best friend ever on a game called RueScape back in 2005. We've still been friends for all these years. We've been planning a meet in RL for a while now, but we're both too terrified something's gonna happen. :P All in all, online friends are just as good as real-life friends.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Priest
I have met many people I consider to be true friends. Some of them have become amazing RL friends. And I'm really glad I have :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]