Players of Wow affected by cancer.

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hi
I realise that there may be some insensitive replies by some idiots, but who cares.
There are players like myself who play wow whilst being affectected by this horrible illness. Me included (terminal prostate metastatic) This should not limnit us to do things that we love to do in life, including playing wow. As a matter of fact playing wow whilst being bed riden can be either chalenging or helping ones mood. I have been diognised with the illnesss for 3 yrs now. Been playing wow for a long time and at the same time doing a phd in vis arts. It would be nice to have a network of friends affectected by the illness to play together from time to time and create a support ntwork. PPL dont understand in pugs if you start slowing down, what the reasons behind. I have 3 level 85 in wow. A DK on DathRemar Horde (sackmagraph) Walock on Rexxar (Eminance) and Druid on Rexxar (pokpok) besdes many lower level toons. Please feeel free to contact any of these toons in game if you are also affected by this illness or want to offer support. I may also be contacted by email: patrice@bluebaytrading.net ( my former business email)
People with sarcastic thoughts please refrain from replying to this topic. Bear in mind you too may affected by this devil at some stage in life with the rates it is spreading. Be supportive, not destructive.
Everyone has a right to life and its enjoyments. That inludes playing wow.
God Bless.
Sackmagraph aka Eminance
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
I'm very sorry to hear of your struggles, OP. I hope you feel as best you can and feel as comfortable as possible!

Here is my favorite thread and there are others with your illness as well as many different illnesses you can share safely with:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4038615902?page=1

Hope this brings a smile to your face :)

Edit: To clarify two things: One of my posts got mixed into this post due to pasting the disabilities link. So now the edited version is the intended version. And there's room for both threads, just hoping you find some comfort there too :D
Edited by Brec on 4/10/2012 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Respect bro :( I feel for yah. . . Hope you can get better D:
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
"I am battling Breast Cancer. Going on my third year of treatments, but I am doing great now."

"My Husband bought us WoW to give me something to take my mind off my pains, and it worked much better than we ever expected."
/smile
Edited by Cyndilou on 4/10/2012 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
"I am battling Breast Cancer. Going on my third year of treatments, but I am doing great now."
/smile

I didn't want to mention you by-name, Cyndilou but I was thinking of you in my first post. You're a strong woman, my dear. And a wonderful friend.

/Big Loving Hug
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
/smile

I didn't want to mention you by-name, Cyndilou but I was thinking of you in my first post. You're a strong woman, my dear. And a wonderful friend.

/Big Loving Hug

"Thank you, as are you."
/hug
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I feel for you. I am dealing with a close family member battling with prostate and bladder cancers. Just like you, he's not letting it slow him down. I'm glad that you are able to continue playing/doing what you like while fighting the good fight.

/salute

I hope that you are able to kick it in the butt.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
04/10/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Sackmagraph
People with sarcastic thoughts please refrain from replying to this topic. Bear in mind you too may affected by this devil at some stage in life with the rates it is spreading.

"Truer words were never spoken. EVERY SINGLE HUMAN has 'Cancer Cells' in their body. Most of the time it stays dormant. But all it takes is the right trigger to activate it."
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
04/10/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Cyndilou
"Truer words were never spoken. EVERY SINGLE HUMAN has 'Cancer Cells' in their body. Most of the time it stays dormant. But all it takes is the right trigger to activate it."

Very true. Cancer can happen to anyone and I hope anyone responding remembers that. You can be perfectly healthy and still have those cells activated. We're lucky to have only gotten a few trolls in the disabilities thread. Most people have been lovely and supportive.

Threads like these are a great showcase of how compassionate and understanding this community can be. :)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I've never had cancer but I have been affected by it. When I was a boy my uncle, who was like a father to me, was diagnosed with lung cancer and it quickly spread to his stomach, spine, and eventually his brain. In a short time after being diagnosed, he went into a coma that the doctors said he would never come out of and he did not have much time left. Somehow he fought it off, woke up, and lived another 8 months actively and mostly pain-free before sucumbing to his illness. I was 10 at the time. 21 years later, he still holds a special place in my heart and always will.

I wish you the best of luck Sackmagraph. Stay strong my friend.
Edited by Aozotorp on 4/10/2012 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I like this.

I like you.

Get better soon, mate.

/Epic Brofist.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
i just lost my youngest brother to a sepsis infection that started in his kemo tube he was 24 years old he had prostat cancer he died 3 days after his baby boy was born this thread is awesome and inspiring to see so many well wishers hope you get well soon and i hope they do find a better way to cure cancer than there current methods
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
04/10/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Brec

Very true. Cancer can happen to anyone and I hope anyone responding remembers that. You can be perfectly healthy and still have those cells activated. We're lucky to have only gotten a few trolls in the disabilities thread. Most people have been lovely and supportive.

Threads like these are a great showcase of how compassionate and understanding this community can be. :)

"No one else in my family has ever had cancer so far. I am the first. Doc said there are two kinds, Genetic Cancer and Toxic Cancer. Mine is the latter."
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
More well-wishes to everyone posting here.

Many, many peoples' lives are impacted by cancer. Whether you're like me and you've gone through it with friends/loved ones or you're like the posters who have been directly affected by the disease themselves...so many lives are altered by it. The strength shown here is wonderful.

<3

Edit: @My dear Cyndilou. Absolutely. Cancer can be genetic or "environmental"/"toxic"/whatever term the person prefers. I wish you nothing but hugs. My grandmother had breast cancer and I know just how strong you are to fight like you do.
Edited by Brec on 4/10/2012 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
More well-wishes to everyone posting here.

Many, many peoples' lives are impacted by cancer. Whether you're like me and you've gone through it with friends/loved ones or you're like the posters who have been directly affected by the disease themselves...so many lives are altered by it. The strength shown here is wonderful.

<3

Edit: @My dear Cyndilou. Absolutely. Cancer can be genetic or "environmental"/"toxic"/whatever term the person prefers. I wish you nothing but hugs. My grandmother had breast cancer and I know just how strong you are to fight like you do.

/hugs
Reply Quote
remember while you have cancer, it doesn't have to have you

when my uncle, who was always the clown, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer everyone thought he would become more somber... and despite the pain he continued to give people HIS SMILE (including the DR's and Nurses)
he continued to make people laugh right up till he passed, and after as we talked about all the stuff he used to do

LIVE, love, LAUGH
for all we know, you might outlive half the player base so be the person you want to be
Edited by Anii on 4/10/2012 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi
I realise that there may be some insensitive replies by some idiots, but who cares.
There are players like myself who play wow whilst being affectected by this horrible illness. Me included (terminal prostate metastatic) This should not limnit us to do things that we love to do in life, including playing wow. As a matter of fact playing wow whilst being bed riden can be either chalenging or helping ones mood. I have been diognised with the illnesss for 3 yrs now. Been playing wow for a long time and at the same time doing a phd in vis arts. It would be nice to have a network of friends affectected by the illness to play together from time to time and create a support ntwork. PPL dont understand in pugs if you start slowing down, what the reasons behind. I have 3 level 85 in wow. A DK on DathRemar Horde (sackmagraph) Walock on Rexxar (Eminance) and Druid on Rexxar (pokpok) besdes many lower level toons. Please feeel free to contact any of these toons in game if you are also affected by this illness or want to offer support. I may also be contacted by email: patrice@bluebaytrading.net ( my former business email)
People with sarcastic thoughts please refrain from replying to this topic. Bear in mind you too may affected by this devil at some stage in life with the rates it is spreading. Be supportive, not destructive.
Everyone has a right to life and its enjoyments. That inludes playing wow.
God Bless.
Sackmagraph aka Eminance

Rexxar up in the hood! <3

Agreed with everything.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I like this thread.

I also like how you try to not let your illness slow you down.

I really hope you get well soon. =D
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
04/10/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Anii
remember while you have cancer, it doesn't have to have you

Great post. I think that's part of what makes the posters in this thread (well not me but you know what I mean :P) so awesome is that they're doing what they love, how they love regardless of anything holding them back. Just like in the disabilities thread.

You all rock.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]