Players of Wow affected by cancer.

62 Night Elf Hunter
I lost my brother to pancreatic cancer and my father to lung cancer, so take what I say next however you want.

This is not the place for these stories.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
But while on crutches, we were able to conceive and in 2009 we had our son. Moral of the story is you can't get your wife pregnant if you aren't in the same bed at the same time.
This part made me giggle, you have a good attitude. :)

My hubby got into a very minor accident with his motorcycle and it reminds me of what you wrote in your post.

He had just gotten his motorcycle permit, took too wide of a slow motion turn and scr-aped the bike against the guard rail, and didn't realize it at first but broke his leg in 3 places, not a "good" break.. kind of a jagged diagonal break across the leg bone.

He had a titanium rod put in through the lower part of his leg via the knee. A plate on the side of your ankle where that bump is near your foot (yeah I know zero about anatomical terms). Plenty of screws and such on the xray.

He ended up with chronic pain near his knee. They operated again and took some screws out.

Pain persisted in the knee area and also his foot where the smaller plate is. He finally had all hardware removed including the rod and is doing alot better. Makes you feel fortunate when you are healthy.

Edit: silly censored word
Edited by Peacebloòm on 4/11/2012 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
04/11/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Peacebloòm
But while on crutches, we were able to conceive and in 2009 we had our son. Moral of the story is you can't get your wife pregnant if you aren't in the same bed at the same time.
This part made me giggle, you have a good attitude. :)

My hubby got into a very minor accident with his motorcycle and it reminds me of what you wrote in your post.

He had just gotten his motorcycle permit, took too wide of a slow motion turn and scr-aped the bike against the guard rail, and didn't realize it at first but broke his leg in 3 places, not a "good" break.. kind of a jagged diagonal break across the leg bone.

He had a titanium rod put in through the lower part of his leg via the knee. A plate on the side of your ankle where that bump is near your foot (yeah I know zero about anatomical terms). Plenty of screws and such on the xray.

He ended up with chronic pain near his knee. They operated again and took some screws out.

Pain persisted in the knee area and also his foot where the smaller plate is. He finally had all hardware removed including the rod and is doing alot better. Makes you feel fortunate when you are healthy.

Edit: silly censored word

Little off topic, your avatar has this motherly vibe to it, I like it :)
Edited by Billd on 4/11/2012 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
27 Gnome Rogue
04/11/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Gocmmaelite
you may be knew to the forums

It's "new", and I'm not. Been around for years. I'm what they called a "CSF Regular", even though I never cared for that term.

If you think Sackmagraph is trolling, then don't comment. It's a nice supportive thread, for not only him, but others who are suffeing too. It only takes one fly in the ointment. Don't let it be you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wishing the OP and others dealing with cancer good vibes and positive developments in their lives. I lost my father to lung cancer and my grandfather to leukemia. WoW has helped me deal with the grief of both losses, and I am very sensitive about others who face those types of difficulties.

Life is really very short. It's so important to be kind to others so that our time here is rich and life-affirming.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
04/11/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Billd
your avatar has this motherly vibe to it, I like it :)

I hadn't realized that was the vibe I was going for until you mentioned that...

Sorry for the little derail away from the topic.
Reply Quote
27 Gnome Rogue
04/11/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Alardron
Side Note: After 5 years I still can't figure out how she manages to be so blasted positive.... not to mention still being a workaholic. =/

Because if you're not positive it will eat you up. I'm over 50 and my guildies and WoW friends say I'm silly. Yep I have to be, because if you let the depression get a hold of you it won't let go. Give your Mom-in-law a hug.

I refused to talk about it for years. Now I do....rarely.

((hugs)) to all my fighting buddies out there.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

he'll likely have pain in and around his knee for the rest of his life
I put my bike on the ground while wearing slacks(ouch), shredded my knee, drove the bike to hospital, that was years ago... I still feel it
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
My father died from cancer, and I was just recently discovered a tumor that turned out to be benign. Though I'm grateful, it was an incredible eye-opening experience and I can only offer my most profound support to everyone who has to deal with this. Hugs and support people.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Dro
I have cancer as well. It is not fatal but i am living off of disability because of it. I play Wow all the time and it takes my mind off of it very well. I play healer classes and people complain when i ask them for a pause then they feel bad when i tell them why. I hope you get over yours, maybe they will find a treatment for it, never give up, i have been told since i was 5 yrs old that i won't live for longer than a few years and i am 34 now. I hope for the best for you.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Sorry about your condition, but this is the wow forums, I'm sure you can find plenty of cancer support forums which would be more appropriate for this discussion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Cancer is no fun at all. Albeit I don't have it myself, I heard chemo is like living death and VERY painful. I love how you're still alive and fighting.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
"I can't believe someone was hateful enough to report this thread."
Reply Quote
27 Gnome Rogue
04/11/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Cyndilou

Probably the hunter I just put on ignore for spewing negativity.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
04/11/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Yebbie

Probably the hunter I just put on ignore for spewing negativity.

"People have no heart anymore."
Reply Quote
27 Gnome Rogue
04/11/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Cyndilou
"People have no heart anymore."

((hugs))

I hope all goes well for you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Even though I haven't dealt with cancer personally. I've had family who had it, my uncle which died from lung cancer in 1996 and now my stepfather who is in a comatose state and has 48 hours to live. It's hard seeing this illness eat away at a loved one or at ones self.

My prayers go out to everyone.

((Hugs everyone))
Reply Quote
11 Goblin Rogue
04/11/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Gocmmaelite

((hugs))

I hope all goes well for you.

wait i didn't report the thread

"I am sure you are not who they were referring to."
/shy grin
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]