All-Druid Bowling League – Sign Up Now!

85 Night Elf Druid
The Zoo (a level 25* all-druid guild on Cho'gall Alliance) just had its 1st night of our All-Druid Bowling League and it was a rousing success as a pack of Druids pushed their way through Ashenvale to the gates of Ogrimmar. World PVP is alive and well if you are Cho’gall Alliance. It is the ultimate target-rich environment.

Bowling League? There is no bowling in WoW!?!
To be honest Bowling League is really a code name for all-druid fun. If your raid leader, your spouse or your significant other tries to make plans for Sunday night…. You can just say, “Sorry! I have Bowling League that night”. It is a chance to have a night out with druid buddies. There is however a vague resemblance to bowling if you think of the horde as pins that must be knocked down. Repeatedly.

Beginners Welcome!
For our second bowling night on Sunday April 15 we would like to expand our ranks with new young druids. Find some buddies and reroll Alliance Druids on Cho’gall to form your own bowling team. Believe me running flags as a pack of kitties in early warsongs might be the most fun you can have in this game, and if dungeons are your thing, druids can handle all the roles.

Welcome Kits!
To make it easier on rerolls we do not have those bumper thingies to put in the bowling lane gutters but we do make sure all new rerolls receive a welcome kit including 10-slot bags, 10 gold for expenses, a tabard and 2 chocolate cookies!

Roll an Alliance Druid on Cho’gall. Worgen or Night Elf are both accepted.
If you are unguilded we will eventually find you and send you an invite.
Or you can /who Zoo and ask any of our druids for a /ginvite.
Or just /join zoo channel and ask for an invite there. Some of us do play non-druid alts but we keep in touch in the zoo channel.

Bowling League Hours:
* We always try to go bowling at least once each week on Sundays at 7pm. We also find reasons for spontaneous bowling adventures at others time during the week. Cho’gall is a US central time zone server.

The Fine Print (or OMG it is Cho'gall!)
This is Cho’gall Alliance. Imagine a zombie (horde) apocalypse and you are one of the few survivors. This is a PVP server and you are vastly outnumbered. This is not the WoW easy mode so common today. If you level to 85 on Cho’gall you will be one of the few hardy souls, but you will grow up lean and mean. You will probably not be rich, although there are a few exceptions if you are an expert smuggler at the neutral AH.
The facts:
    1. Depending on sources there are 12 to 20 horde for every alliance on Cho’gall.
    2. At peak times there are typically less than 100 total alliance signed on. At odd hours there may be less than 20 alliance online. Our goal for Bowling Night is to greatly increase these numbers... with druids!
    3. Our AH is non-functioning. Our economy is based on trading, bartering and smuggling. If you need something we can get it for you though. You just need to ask.
    4. You will probably not find a more helpful community in this game. If you stick it out here you will make friends and they will have your back. The small town vibe also tends to keep the jerks out. Act like a jerk and the whole server will know. Be helpful and you will have people bend over backward to help you in return.

* See the fun you are missing on our youtube channel: thezooguild

* REVISED FOR:
  • Levels 20 through 25!
  • Bowling hours revised!
  • Hakuna's videos!
  • Edited by Lunasea on 9/4/2012 10:43 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Supporting the best druids around. We need more people to typhoon horde off the ledges in Orgrimmar!
    Reply Quote
    FOR THE HORDE

Seriously though, this is pretty nifty.
    Edited by Linbrez on 4/10/2012 2:23 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Hello, I am Morroes and I support this Message.

Might have to rejoin the zoo because of this! Hopefully this brings some activity! :D I remember over 25 druids online at once just a few short months ago!
    Edited by Morroes on 4/10/2012 5:08 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    85 Tauren Druid
    Just wanted to say I just rolled a female worgen future-boomy named Kaskaru and joined this guild.

So far, very friendly people. Come on and join us!
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid

Might have to rejoin the zoo just for this!

:D
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid

Might have to rejoin the zoo just for this!

You... Worgen... O_O

In other news: Me and Morroes have carried people in WSG today, going 14/15. Also, be sure to /join Zoo so that all the druids can talk, and ask for help if needed!
    Reply Quote
    88 Worgen Druid
    I'd be totally down to join in on this but I'm curious if you guys run all druid raids too? It would be so awesome to run Dragon Soul with just druids. Getting gear would suck but I think it would still be fun. :P
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid

You... Worgen... O_O

In other news: Me and Morroes have carried people in WSG today, going 14/15. Also, be sure to /join Zoo so that all the druids can talk, and ask for help if needed!

Carry my worgen butt!! <3 doing bgs with other druids!
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    04/10/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Taiyri
    I'd be totally down to join in on this but I'm curious if you guys run all druid raids too? It would be so awesome to run Dragon Soul with just druids. Getting gear would suck but I think it would still be fun. :P

That would certainly fit our dream but the reality is the last time we pulled off an all-Zoo raid was back in Naxx well after other guilds were pushing through later content. And Yes! That was a ton of fun. In a dream scenario we would be fielding all-druid RBG’s, all-druid raids, the whole works!

In reality The Zoo started out as sort of a gimmicky reroll guild in an honest effort to help counteract the massive imbalance that was already in place on Cho’gall. We pounce on young baby druids who are still barefoot, give them a start with bags and gold, and also try to give them fair warning about the harsh reality of Cho’gall. Many give up the first time they see the dismal condition of our Auction House.

If they can get past that initial shock and continue to level the Zoo is a place where they know they can get free druid glyphs even if there might be only 20-30 outrageously priced glyphs of any kind listed on our Auction House at a given time. The horde imbalance is always there but the real challenge here is the economy. Got a new staff? It might take a week to get it enchanted.

The ones who make it all the way to 85 are true survivors. If The Zoo starts as sort of an orphanage we look at those who make it to 85 as our graduates …with honors. In fact in the posts above, Morroes and Aurelia are both actually former GM’s of The Zoo. If the University of The Zoo was a campus there would be buildings named after them and their heroic statues would be in the lobby.

At maximum level the “single class” guild puts limits on what you can do though. There is no getting around that, so many of our druids move on to the other guilds on the server. They can find places to raid, to find arena teams, run rated bg’s and more fully experience the end game. But those druids also forever remain part of The Zoo. They have their diploma. They are proud alumni. They still contribute to The Zoo to help our young druids.

This brings us to how we got the idea to start All-Druid Bowling League Night. The Zoo has a great relationship with all the other guilds on the server and I specifically asked all the GM’s if there was a quiet night when we could "borrow" their druids. Sunday seemed to be the best night, and we have full endorsement from those guilds that our Zoo alumni and all other druids would be free to come play our all-druid games. Our first week of Bowling Night was somewhat chaotic but was totally a blast. If we can build on this maybe those dreams of all-druid RBG’s, all-druid raids, etc. are not so far-fetched. :)
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    more and more druids have been joining us lately! :D bowling night should be great fun!!
    Reply Quote
    I want this, but I don't know if I'm tough enough for Cho'gall :(
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    well you can always give it a try!! its fun none the less as long as you socialize :D. most people that stay at this realm wind up <3ing it more then any other realm!
    Reply Quote
    82 Night Elf Druid
    Basically a party all the time!
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    well you can always give it a try!! its fun none the less as long as you socialize :D. most people that stay at this realm wind up <3ing it more then any other realm!

04/11/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Kyndrai

QFT

04/11/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Heartsings

It really isn't that bad, just quite a bit different then what most players are accustomed to.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    yea people talk about the realm like its the worst thing ever. however i completely love it here! and plus an all druid guild? o jeeze, cant get any better then that imo!! so come on druids! quit hibernating and join in on the fun!!
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    04/11/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Heartsings

Awww. Don't you worry about being tough! If anybody knows that it is me. I spend my time making cookies for young druids, picking flowers to make druid glyphs and if a fight breaks out, as resto, my usual best choice is to "Run Away!" /insert montypython.gif

Join us and you can do like me. Stand in the back and act real innocent. Let the big tough bears, the fierce scratchy kitties and the thermonuclear antlered owls do the dirty work. :)
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    04/11/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Kyndrai

This!

In fact that is probably how we will start this week's Bowling League. We will ask all the druids, young and old, to gather in the major Alliance cities, then we will borrow a helpful mage to have a Portal Party! First stop will definitely be a dance party in Stormwind around our hot tub fountain. Afterwards our mage friend can then send young druids to Dalaran to reset their hearths!

To join the Portal Party raid group you will need to be level 10 so join us early so you can be of age to join the fun on Sunday April 15!
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    04/11/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Aurelia
    It really isn't that bad, just quite a bit different then what most players are accustomed to.

I probably painted too bleak of a picture of our economy, our economy is just different!

You may be used to Wall St. style buy and sell of your normally functioning Auction House. On Cho'gall it is probably more like the personal transactions you would find at your weekly farmer's market.

As an example you may need a gem cut. You can ask in gchat, ask in zoo chat, and yes... even ask in trade chat. Sometimes you won't find your gem. But often enough you will get a reply saying "hold on while I hop on my JC alt". Next thing you know your JC will come to you, cut your gem, and then you begin this awkward but honest dance where they keep canceling the trade until you refuse to give them a tip. It is much like the farmer insisting on putting two more ears of corn in your bag after you have paid!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]