Mages look weak in MOP #2 continued

85 Human Hunter
04/10/2012 10:54 PMPosted by Sythrus
Has a cast time and costs you a root hardly an upgrade.

30 sec cd
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
04/10/2012 10:54 PMPosted by Sythrus
Locks get instant fear and death coil on 1/3rd the CD so don't pretend to have to cast.

It has a huge dr.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
04/10/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Ketarine
You have to cast when melee are in range of you? Welcome to other casters' world.

Are you talking BC here lol?

Actually in MOP almost all dps casters have moved to a proc based system for instant casts.

Or a moving while casting model.

You cant have a model when a melee can sit on a caster with 100 % uptime and do 100 % damage output.

Then on the other hand have a caster that can only do 5 % of his damage output because of relying off of hardcasting.

Very unrealistic model unless game had collision detection.

P.S. again for those new here is old thread that just capped out at 26 pages

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3870837683?page=22
Edited by Elmínster on 4/11/2012 4:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
04/11/2012 01:54 AMPosted by Youguy
Has a cast time and costs you a root hardly an upgrade.

30 sec cd

If you look at the talent based system and hence why they are called talents....

Most classes and abilities not all but most were taken from live TALENTS....

ROF was taken from a BASELINE ability

So it is most certainly a nerf anyway you look at it as in if you take it you automatically lose choices of other talents you would have had access to before because you are choosing a BASELINE spell.

Not to mention the cast time that was added to ROF. Good luck getting someone stupid enough to be caught in it or even get the cast off who is a skilled player.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
You realize they explicitly mentioned nerfing frostmages PvP as part of the reason for the new talent system?
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
04/11/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Calexya
You realize they explicitly mentioned nerfing frostmages PvP as part of the reason for the new talent system?
Link or it didn't happen.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
04/11/2012 04:17 AMPosted by Elmínster
Not to mention the cast time that was added to ROF. Good luck getting someone stupid enough to be caught in it or even get the cast off who is a skilled player.

You are talking about a 1v1 situation. Stop it. A 30 cd on ring of frost is amazing . Pretty much on demand peels for healers.

Who cares if they took it away for baseline. You have to decide witch is a better talent choice for what comp you want to run. Frost jaw seems lack luster witch it will most likely be on DR with polly, well the stun of course. The silence will be pretty nice for RMP mls ect. Ice ward is meh. It could be use for rbgs, it depends. Mages don't seem THAT bad. Just a little tone down. They sure added a lot of defensive cds for them. Who know's what pvp will be like at level 90. Just relax it's beta.
Edited by Youguy on 4/11/2012 6:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
deleted
Edited by Elmínster on 4/11/2012 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
04/11/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Elmínster
f anything needs toning down as you keep stating its warlocks and resto shamans as they are most represented

You do know the synergy between those classes are going to be nerf right.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
f anything needs toning down as you keep stating its warlocks and resto shamans as they are most represented

If the problem was synergy alone the reprsentation for locks would not be as high as it is with other compositions also.

Once again I refer you to real #'s and stop lying

http://www.arenastats.com

Math and statistics are a !@#$% eh?
Edited by Elmínster on 4/11/2012 8:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Mages are dependant on novas for survabiulity .

Obviously that's going to change during mop. Since they'll have more defensive cds.

Justify again how the MOST represented 2200 class warlock is recieveing most buffs in game?

Warlocks are receiving a re design. Pretty clunky atm. Try leveling one.

It has precisely jack squat to do with this toning down nonscense you keep saying. Because math and numbers dont lie. And mages are not on top or even close

Mages are top tier class atm. Damage output is insane. If you don't think that needs to be changed then you're just being ignorant.

Mages are dependant on novas for survabiulity
Again looking at things from a 1v1 prospective. Not good.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
04/11/2012 08:03 AMPosted by Elmínster
Yes comps like rls are getting nerfed. Why wouldn't they? How am i lying Locks will be getting 20% less healing from soul link. Pretty much a nerf.
Edited by Youguy on 4/11/2012 8:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
56 Blood Elf Warrior
I see a person here that raises things that people should be aware of but the panicking extent of "OMG" coming out is a little much. Relax, it's being read - it's in Beta phase...things are being worked out - no need to cry Armageddon for the class.
Reply Quote
thats a tier.

try again.

04/10/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Eladen
Just kidding of course.

And while I have this post up, I'll take the opportunity to say that the Glyph of Spellsteal is nerfed from 10% heal to 3%. Very good thing imo, but I know it caused a huge fuss on the DD forums when it was first revealed so I thought I'd point that out.

And to those saying that it is Beta, stop complaining, no! The Beta is the best moment to try and change things, and discussing it on the forums or reporting huge imbalances can be extremely important during this phase!
Of course, some people have... terrible manners of reporting those, but just report them and move on!
Edited by Eladen on 4/11/2012 8:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
04/11/2012 08:41 AMPosted by Eladen
Of course, some people have... terrible manners of reporting those

Terrible manners as in qqing. ^^
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock

If the problem was synergy alone the reprsentation for locks would not be as high as it is with other compositions also.

You've already had it explained a thousand times over why locks are represented the way they are. You might as well complain healers are more repped than certain specs since a lock is as necessary as a healer for many comps because of UA or UA over fear being the only current cc that a healer has to question if they dispel or not. Has absolutely nothing to do with the power of a lock. A frost mage WITH an affliction lock is FAR more powerful than the affliction lock while an affliction lock with a rogue partner is more powerful than a mage with a shadow priest partner. If you don't understand the how and why of that, I really suggest you do some research.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Mages are dependant on novas for survabiulity
Again looking at things from a 1v1 prospective. Not good.

Yep, someone hasn't played mage in arena or bgs. Nova is a major source of our survivability and our damage. We cannot cast when there is a melee on us. It does not happen. Our instant casts are weak since we're basically the only non-dot caster besides ele shaman. And we all know how well ele shamans do in arena. Hint: it's because they don't have abilities like frost nova. On top of that we have some of the weakest inherit damage while moving in the game - we have to have an entire talent tier dedicated to giving us (mostly weak) abilities to "solve" that.

Our entire gameplay is based on roots - fire and frost both. Nerfing our roots both through our own class mechanics and through myriad melee class buffs does double duty to wrecking the entire basis for our pvp.

Nobody is talking beta numbers here. We're talking beta mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

I started reading hoping this would shine some light into the mage transformation. Too bad it's led by this guy. All the valid points are lost under his constant stream of tears.

Too bad.

And honestly, if you don't understand WHY locks are represented so highly, then you shouldn't be posting your "math and statistics". There's two spells that bring locks high into competitive play. We're arena support. Maybe if our felpuppy can get a good crit, we can also pressure, but generally no.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
derailed..fixed..offtopic...reported

Sorry bringsdeath not gonna happen

04/05/2012 09:06 AMPosted by Bringsdeath
Ideally i would suggest moving your thread, to the druid section. Here it's asking to be trolled. You will have a mage in here soon enough, crying about the injustice done to his class. Start a discussion among your compatriots in the class forums.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4362518349 <--here he is crying about mages and not even a mage related post lol

Its quite obvious your hatred as from other posts not even mage related at all you go off about them......

here is another one

04/01/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Bringsdeath
Wrong class if you want a 1-2 button leveling experience. Go mage for that.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254463383

Another mage unrelated post...

so tell me who exactly is trolling here?

The guy trying to get his class fixed? Or you who is running around all over the forums 14 hours a day not even in mage related posts bashing mages.....

you seem to be the one CRYING about mages even in forums posts that are unrelated to them LOL. Then tell others to stop crying crying about thier classes.

Hypocritical much?

Love when the truth comes out ...
Edited by Elmínster on 4/11/2012 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]