Why do you play your DK?

85 Undead Rogue
I was just wondering why everyone sticks to their DK through snow and fire, what makes it tick for you ?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Lore.

Death Knights and Warlocks have the coolest lore imo, especially because they are intertwined. Shamans come at a close second which again are intertwined with the whole Death knight/Warlock deal.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
We have the coolest looking gear.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
killing healers.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
becuase they are crazy damg. EVEN if i do die fast a frost
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Don't know. Always wanted one, leveled it. Owned on it for a while. When I switched servers, I didn't take the DK with me, but I wanted to come back. When I did, I was a good season and a half behind on my gear and hadn't played the DK in more than half a year.

First random out of the gates, some 15 KB's in a SotA and I was hooked again.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I've put way to much work into this character to just abandon it just because Blizzard is being a douchbag.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I've put way to much work into this character to just abandon it.
Edited by Ulraz on 4/11/2012 9:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Joining random dungeons to sh!t talk the crappy DK tank that just dropped mid-pull and failed to hold aggro. Seriously.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Death Knight
it was a painful mistake

it all started so good - i was thinking 'what harm can it be if i try out this new class? not that i'm gonna ditch my (shall, and will remain undisclosed) after these years'

before i realize - she became my main, effectively sucking each and every minute of my game time to make her better, stronger

then came the sledgehammer of the 'death' of blood dps, the inept 2H Frost 'experiment', the tagged-on pet reliance on unholy, the butchery of anything DW except Frost..................

i 'lingered on' in a slightest glimmer of hope that somehow, sometime - it might get better

and it seems that things aren't really getting any better - well, they are making effort to make each spec 'better', but options wise.........
Edited by Mythenà on 4/11/2012 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
04/11/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Mythenà
the butchery of anything DW except Frost..................

Out of curiosity, why couldn't an unholy death knight dual-wield? After all, Nerves of Cold Steel is a first tier talent and Sudden Doom would proc more with a faster main hand than a slow two hander for no cost Death Coils, allowing you to cast them more often. This would allow you to stack up Shadow Infusion quicker and activate Dark Transformation more frequently.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I play my DK cause at the time when my friends wanted someone to help fill in their raid they only had one melee and a bunch of ranged. Also my DK was maybe 2 higher item level than my Moonkin main at the time. So it's been the dk since.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
04/11/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Bottomline
the butchery of anything DW except Frost..................

Out of curiosity, why couldn't an unholy death knight dual-wield? After all, Nerves of Cold Steel is a first tier talent and Sudden Doom would proc more with a faster main hand than a slow two hander for no cost Death Coils, allowing you to cast them more often. This would allow you to stack up Shadow Infusion quicker and activate Dark Transformation more frequently.

The main reason DW Unholy worked for a little bit was because Sudden Doom could proc off main and off-hand. Blizzard fixed that quick as they never intended for Unholy to DW and without the massive DC spam Sudden Doom gave DW Unholy, it became not optimal at all.
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
04/11/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Kisshot

The main reason DW Unholy worked for a little bit was because Sudden Doom could proc off main and off-hand. Blizzard fixed that quick as they never intended for Unholy to DW and without the massive DC spam Sudden Doom gave DW Unholy, it became not optimal at all.

Ok, thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
I'm a death knight because I hate what Cata did to my paladin main. I hate holy power with every fiber of who I am. This guy was a fun alt in WotLK, so I got him up to snuff, and in 4.1 made the plunge. I was a tank in the end of T11, and all of T12, and then moved over to DPS main spec since you only need 1 tank for 90% of DS.

A Dual Resource systems that was designed all at once

>

A Dual Resource System where the second resource gets tacked on when the first resource doesn't matter.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
04/10/2012 10:50 PMPosted by Sajmodé
We have the coolest looking gear.

This. :)

The Blood DK spec also makes it very easy to run dungeons/LFR and do daily quests that involves killing things.
Reply Quote
56 Night Elf Hunter
I have wanted one since I started playing WoW...now I have one... I love looking all dark and evil as a nightelf DK
Sighs but I think the Lich King is cheap... the armour is shoddy and falls to bits after a few fights... poor new knights have to bust thier chops to earn enough money to repair it....although my DK friend reckons it is a money making scheme that the Lich King and his henchmen thought up for the upkeep of Ebon Hold.
Either way I am very fond of my DK
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Our class was created with a story and an expansion...how many class can say that?
Class can be easy to play but difficult to master.
Death Knight tanking with AMS ability makes us uniquely strong against Magic heavy damage encounters, like Dragon Soul bosses. It's a niche that other tanks don't have.
We have this cool Death Strike ability that does damage and heals us at the same time.
What do other tanks have that Death Knight don't except Block and Dodge? They are not special at all.
What do DK have that other tanks don't have? Alot.

Death Knights as a whole is...cool. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]