History of Shadow Council

90 Human Hunter
This is an attempt to make an index of sorts to write down the history of shadow council.
I feel that Shadow Council has too rich of a history to let it fade in our memories.

So what i propose, is to have players write down their fondest memories from each xpak on this beloved server. RP, PvP, PvE. Players that inspired you, players that you hated(try to keep it positive hate) Players that you feared. Ect.

I'll start with Vanilla WoW. And the guilds Black Omen and Exiled. What is there to say about those two guilds? Power, fear, respect, hate, love. If you were going for HWL you were in those guilds.
I hit 60 after a number of the members hit HWL. If you're newer to WoW and you think entry level to PvP sucks today, try a team of Warlords and High Warlords with full WL gear and the Hand of Rags smashing your face in with amazing tactical precision.
That damn hand of Rags still haunts my dreams.

Back before cross realm BG's it was server only BG's and EVERY TIME people saw it was BO or Exiled we would have 5 people /afk right off the bat. Now that is fear.

I took the last year off of WoW for a little break, upon my return I was pretty pumped to hear That Nightside and Co got HWL again in the new RBG system. That's a nice big middle finger to the arena elitist that said GM's and HWL's weren't skilled.

I will add more memories depending how well this thread does.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Well, I only joined (two?) or so years ago, so I dont have ALL that much to add, but I really like this spike in WPvP, if thats anything to add. might want to put in a bit about horde establishing their dominance over alliance, as that is the most important. XD jk, i love fighting you guys. Looking forward to your raid =p
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
The Honor Guard- a cross-guild group of great people working together to get everyone at least through the rank of Commander so everyone who really wanted the mount had a shot at it.

Black Omen- had a blast when they ran against us in BGs. The BO guy (sorry I don't remember his name) that sat at the stable in the Battleground in a pink shirt and jeans making us laugh so hard they picked us off one by one.

Feistys Corner...holy cow has it really been around since the beginning?!

Packhunter...good lord the drama and the laughter. 'Nuff said.

Joining a great guild, seeing it change over the years with a strong core of people who still play together. Some of left and came back, but the guild was always there.

The Nightsabres and their generosity in accepting everyone to run raids with them so that people had a chance to see end game.

I have characters on other servers, but they are languishing. This is the only place I want to be.

It's funny, but when I think of the really good times, I think of vanilla. There was some complaining, but it was all there was and we had a blast.

Love you guys!
Edited by Tukahar on 4/10/2012 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Many years ago Shadow Council & I participated in a contest for an old website. Best Screenshot, we organized both Horde & Alliance at the Dark Portal, standing off towards each other with one leader face to face on both sides. We won!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Many years ago Shadow Council & I participated in a contest for an old website. Best Screenshot, we organized both Horde & Alliance at the Dark Portal, standing off towards each other with one leader face to face on both sides. We won!

I remember that! I was the Alliance leader! We really have been at it a long time uh? lol....
Still have that SS by any chance?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
wow you're right, that was you & I huh? I forgot :) No, do not have it anymore. What was the website called? I think wowjutsu.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
If I'm not mistaken this is one of the old pictures I had of it http://i.imgur.com/kbr5k.jpg

If not then this was another dark portal event that people gathered for on ShC.
I have some other older SS somewhere might have to dig them up though. Formatted my old Computer so I lost a lot of old SS over the years.
Edited by Koåwood on 4/13/2012 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Wow, that is the fight after the picture for sure. It was so hard to keep everyone from fighting.
Reply Quote
89 Human Priest
Circle of Solaris, a cross-guild group created for endgame raiding in Classic, and some in BC. I know Rockthorn and Nanluin were big parts of that, and many Meddlers, and former Dragoons among others. Someone else will have to come up with details, as I knew about CoS, but never got to joining them.

The pre-Wrath event sticks in my mind. I remember I logged on for the Dragoon meeting to the very beginning of the Zombie Plague release, that had been started that day in Booty Bay. Drauglos and I were RPing looking for Harrigan in Duskwood, and somehow ended up running an IC 40-man raid (of constantly rotating players) late into the night to defend Stormwind and its surrounding Shires from the zombie apocalypse. It was an amazing night of RP-PvP that made at least one person decide to renew their sub and get the expac after all, and will stick in my mind for a long, long time as a great pre-release event and gameplay with fellow Shadow Council folks.

Realm Portal and RP Haven for RPers are fairly major, but for the early days, again, someone else would probably have to offer details; I joined Haven not long after it started but wasn't there for the change over from Realm Portal.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Ancient history is ancient ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
04/13/2012 12:21 AMPosted by Cephalopod
Ancient history is ancient ;)

Old internet joke is old :O
Edited by Rìftt on 4/13/2012 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I had the honor of running with Aktarin from Order of the Nightsabre when they had their raid groups for MC and obtained most of my Arcanist set. I've always had a blast running with her and the groups.

Later on in the classic wow days I've joined a raiding guild named Confederation and had a blast doing MC, BWL and Naxx with them.

I remember old guilds like Luna, Mages Power, Arch X, The Southern Cross and other old alliance guilds I can't think of at the moment.

On my horde toons some old guilds I remember was Deepwater Pirates, Vile Reef Raiders, Voodoo Reborn, Second Coming, BO and others.

I remember one time while doing AB back when it was non cross-realm. I was on my horde druid and joined in an AB match. And all I can remember that day was that we got our butts handed to by Arch X with a quick 5 cap. We barely had a chance that day.

I also remember on Thursday nights I think. There use to be a RP event down in Ratchet at the Zehbra Inn hosted by Voodoo Reborn.
Reply Quote
89 Human Priest
I also remember on Thursday nights I think. There use to be a RP event down in Ratchet at the Zehbra Inn hosted by Voodoo Reborn.

The Laughing Zhevra, run for a few years by various Horde RPers, most recently on Monday evenings, in Ratchet's inn.

Only beaten I think by The Golden Leaf in Stormwind's Park; ran from early classic all the way until the Cataclysm, going through many owners and servers along the way, and open for a couple hours most nights of the week; always a place to find some RP in SW.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
The old school raids when it wasn't a zerg/lag fest.
Reply Quote
I started this server out of boredom one night in early summer of 2005. My first night in, I made some friends in Goldshire (before it was a bad place to be).

One of my favorite memories, a group of us decided to create our own festival, so we made on simple rule. Anyone who wanted to attend our fire party, simply had to learn cooking, and make a campfire. I still have a screen shot of a roughly half moon shape of campfires, and many people dancing amongst the flames.

About a month or two after our festival Of Flame event, the actual WoW Summer Flame festival was released. I have FREQUENTLY wondered if there wasn't a design team member at our little party that night.

That is still my fondest memory of my time with Shadow Council
Reply Quote
22 Dwarf Shaman
Realmportal, a Drupal-based roleplaying resource for the server providing character blogs, an event calendar, and forums, was created by Lycros in 2005. In 2006, after various issues with the stability of Realmportal, Noctifer created RP-Haven.com, selecting six moderators (three from each faction) to help run the site and ensure its stability, activity, and growth.

Although there has been much contention through the years between the server forums and the third party websites, in my experience they have always complimented one another, especially when players have had the motivation to use both to publicize their events and RP. RP-Haven remains a place where ShC RPers can keep track of events through an easy-to-read calendar, post IC blogs and journals that will remain archived for years and communicate in-depth with other RPers. It has never taken the place of the server forum, but instead enriched the gameplay of many of the server's RPers.

I mention the sites not only because Lirriel mentioned them, but also because at the time, off-forum sites like Realmportal and RP-Haven were fairly unique among RP servers. Many other RP servers saw what we were doing and ran with it, often with their own Drupal-run sites, but to my knowledge ShC was one of the first RP servers to offer such a feature to roleplayers, if not the first.

Which makes us all kinds of special and stuff.

Regarding the Golden Leaf, the server's oldest RP event, I believe it was started sometime in 2005 as well, in the tavern in the Park District. Sometime in 2005 Anka took up nightly bartending duties and really carved the Leaf into the history of the server. For years afterwards, the many "owners" - including myself, Fiyonna, Sapphrona and Shari, Amorista, and Fanshen - and the dozens of volunteer drink servers of the Leaf offered up a near-nightly hotspot for Alliance-side Tavern RP.

I have the history of the University of Kalimdor filed away somewhere, too, and will have to look it up for a later post.
Edited by Lorith on 4/27/2012 4:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior

Packhunter...good lord the drama and the laughter. 'Nuff said.

Isn't that like saying the name Beatlejuice? Say it one more time, and he might return to our demise . . .
Reply Quote
The history of Shadow Council makes me feel old. This server is so quiet now and it was certainly popcorn worthy before.

SS and TM was the best.

I have a picture around here somewhere of the Luna anniversary. Where BO came to SW to, I believe it was Boro who MC'd Pack- er, he-who-must-not-be-named for us to kill, good times.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]