Multiboxers In Battlegrounds

86 Undead Rogue
04/10/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Esperr
No, a 5-man premade is 5 different characters.

See this is the disconnect between the people who approve of multiboxing and the people that don't.

To you it's five different characters, regardless of how many players are involved and to me it's one character and five robots mimicing. Aside from acknowledging that both sides bring valid and correct points this discussion can nowhere positive.

Edit: For some reason I always seem to spell involve wrong

You're playing a video game. You are in a video game world. You are fighting 5 other video game characters. Doesn't matter who is controlling them, it ends there.

It's no different from fighting 5 guildies on vent. Hell, it's easier than fighting 5 guildies on vent, because they are a lot less predictable than a multibox team.

5 players vs 1 player is irrelevant and is not a good or valid point.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Rogue
It's 5 characters, regardless of how many people are playing them. You can't expect to 5 v 1 and win.

Right charging in there Leeroy Jenkins style is a recipe for disaster. The reasom people find multiboxing so distasteful, at least imo, is with five different players there's a chance of catching them when one of them is off their guard or the group splits up. With multiboxing you don't have that option. The boxer always has backup unless you can scatter them, which not every class can.

It will be impossible to catch one person of a five man team off guard if they're all on vent. You'll get maybe 2 seconds to kill before the rest have you targeted and are casting. You also have to assume that they are 5 players who will not split up, since the multiboxing team will not split up. If the 5 player team does split up, then it's not a 5 player team anymore. It's a 1 player team and a 4 player team and then yes, of course killing a 1 player team is doable....in the same way killing a 1 character multibox team is doable. Because it's 1v1.

And also, it's easier to fight multiboxers because almost all of them have a master character and the rest are slaves. Kill the master and the slaves become severely gimped, if not outright useless. Kill one character in a 5 player team and you still have 4 players who are gunning for you with no decrease in their effectiveness.
Edited by Bulreporting on 4/10/2012 3:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/10/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Awkward
It's 5 characters, regardless of how many people are playing them. You can't expect to 5 v 1 and win

still, 5vs1 in a battleground should mean 5 players vs 1 player; not 5 characters vs 1 player.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
It's 5 characters, regardless of how many people are playing them. You can't expect to 5 v 1 and win.

Right charging in there Leeroy Jenkins style is a recipe for disaster. The reasom people find multiboxing so distasteful, at least imo, is with five different players there's a chance of catching them when one of them is off their guard or the group splits up. With multiboxing you don't have that option. The boxer always has backup unless you can scatter them, which not every class can.

A group of coordinated players can easily take down a multiboxer, people fall prey to them because they're not coordinated enough for anything but a zerg.

You can't fight a multiboxer like you can fight an individual player, it simply doesn't work.

Edit:

04/10/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Cosmicshift
It's 5 characters, regardless of how many people are playing them. You can't expect to 5 v 1 and win

still, 5vs1 in a battleground should mean 5 players vs 1 player; not 5 characters vs 1 player.

It's not 5 character vs 1 player, it's 5 characters vs 1 character.
Edited by Awkward on 4/10/2012 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/10/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Awkward

yeah, 5 characters controlled by 1 player vs 1 character controlled by 1 player.

that's the whole point. 1 player taking up 5 slots in a single BG
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Honestly the arguement for allowing multiboxers is just as much of a strawman as disallowing it. It's a minor form of botting, and more importantly it occupies spots in a bg/raid that actual players could fill.

It's five characters yes, but it's also one person selfishly taking up five spots.

Which at the end of the day, isn't playing with other people the reason you're playing this game instead of a single player one?

Edit: Clarity
Edited by Esperr on 4/10/2012 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Honestly the arguement for allowing multiboxers is just as much of a strawman as disallowing it. It's a minor form of botting, and more importantly it occupies spots in a bg/raid that actual players could fill.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.

I honestly see multiboxing as an inferior form of having a coordinated group of players on skype/vent and joining a BG to stomp people.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Your problem is with premades and not multiboxing.

Your third party mouse and keyboard drivers constitute a minor form of botting if you want to look at it in that light. :)
Edited by Xexyz on 4/10/2012 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Undead Rogue
04/10/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Cosmicshift

yeah, 5 characters controlled by 1 player vs 1 character controlled by 1 player.

that's the whole point. 1 player taking up 5 slots in a single BG

Players are not in the BGs, only characters are. Stop mixing in-game with real-life.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.

I honestly see multiboxing as an inferior form of having a coordinated group of players on skype/vent and joining a BG to stomp people.

Glad we can have different opinions on a subject without resulting to hate and vitriol.
Edited by Esperr on 4/10/2012 3:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Multiboxers usually attack one person at a time.
Reply Quote
35 Night Elf Mage
Read up on it.

Multiboxing is okay with Blizzard, it is not violating their EOULA (or something like that) so it's allowed.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I agree with the OP, multiboxing is spoiling battlegrounds. As far as I'm concerned, it is on the same level as botting and afk in a battleground. Unfortunately, Blizzard will probably not do anything about it until it starts to infect and degrade LFR.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I posted this a while back in a now-deleted thread. I saved this in Notepad since I see these sorts of threads pop up a lot... So, here's how to kill the boxer:

1] Bring along a Druid and Mage, even a Warlock and rogue will do just perfectly. Might need all 4 if this person is a 5-boxer.
2] Have the druid cyclone one, Mage sheep the other, and the rogue sap and warlock fear/charm (requires succubus) the others.
3] While those guys are CC'ed, you then take out the owner.
4] Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

With this knowledge at your disposal, how is this different from a 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5 fight ? If there was 4 toons controlled by 4 different people on one side vs. a mage, druid, warlock or rogue, all with distinctive abilities to CC each one. Again, how is this different ?

If anything, the boxer is just free honour if you handle this the way I suggested, so just farm the boxer with your team mates 'til your heart's content. It's like getting almost-free money for you to buy better gear. Chances are, the boxer that spent oh-so-much $$ just to faceroll BGs, will realise he is getting farmed and /ragequit the BG.

Some boxers are highly skilled and already have ways to combat CC effects in place, but... there are some (a lot) who don't, and they just see it as running around with a permanent mirror image spell to lolfaceroll BG's. I can't tell you how many times I've seen boxers getting owned using the above methods. It's so easy, it's almost pitiful.

I've been in BG's with boxers on my team, and we lost because of them. Think about it, whether it's WSG, AB or EoTS that boxer takes up a good portion of the team, and that boxer is mainly there to farm for HP and they aren't really focused on actually PLAYING the BG.
Edited by Roguermortis on 4/10/2012 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
04/10/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Esperr
Honestly the arguement for allowing multiboxers is just as much of a strawman as disallowing it. It's a minor form of botting,

Minor form of botting doesn't exist. Botting is a boolean, it is either automated play or it isn't.

If the multiboxer can't go to the movies while still 'playing' then he is not botting. I have no problem with you not liking it, but stop trying to call it botting when it is clearly not so. Stop trying to call it an advantage when boxers just aren't being successful at the top levels of competitive play.

You thinking one person should only be able to have one account is a perfectly valid position to hold. You don't need to make stuff up to support that position. I wouldn't mind if blizzard decided that one account per person is all they are going to allow.

Still not botting, still not an advantage.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
04/10/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Marylight
I agree with the OP, multiboxing is spoiling battlegrounds. As far as I'm concerned, it is on the same level as botting and afk in a battleground. Unfortunately, Blizzard will probably not do anything about it until it starts to infect and degrade LFR.

They are in LFR to... And I am sad to report that they held the top 5 dps spots... Oh the QQ.
Though mad props to whoever he was, most people can't control 1 character, let alone 5.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
This guy has 22 characters all multiboxed.

http://i41.tinypic.com/34pnxgx.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/14av1xk.jpg
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
They are in LFR to... And I am sad to report that they held the top 5 dps spots... Oh the QQ.
Though mad props to whoever he was, most people can't control 1 character, let alone 5.

If they are not abusing the vote system, being a jerk, and are doing their share, this is not degrading LFR
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Ahhh...I see it's Feed the Troll time again....sigh..why do you people feel the need to do this?
Just report the thread as toxic biohazard and move on....there are soooo many better topic's to start-discuss-qq about. Try something like the fact that that the easter mount was just a recoloured valentine day mount instead of a bunny mount, or how you think the MoP loot system will change gameplay...or even scream for more Garou...sorry..Worgen hair styles.

Yeash...if you really want to feed something then go to a forest and feed a bear...(could use a few less troll-feeder's imo)

An arcid hate hangs in the haze and a question hangs in the air...
When will you RAGE?
Edited by Kauterizer on 4/10/2012 4:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]