Leveling a Holy pally

100 Blood Elf Paladin
04/11/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Quakeroats
There should be plate boa's with intellect on it.

There should be free bacon and beignets at the DMV for when you have to wait in line, but there isn't.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/11/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Kanakemaka
There should be plate boa's with intellect on it.

There should be free bacon and beignets at the DMV for when you have to wait in line, but there isn't.

Don't be defeatist. There should be plate heirlooms with intellect.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
the thing that baffles me the most is why there are no shield and no relic boa's
Reply Quote
The whole point of heirlooms is to make the leveling of alts faster. I don't think they need to give us heirlooms for every slot. Just enough to give all classes (and specs) equal access to them. There should be plate with intellect, because any leveling as a holy paladin is at a disadvantage to other classes and specs. My resto shaman has them; so should anyone leveling a paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think the lack of Intel plate heirloom is probably because nobody can use them before lvl 40 when heirlooms were introduced in Wrath, and armor specialization didn't exist in Wrath. I recall our holy pally wearing cloth skirts as the BiS.

Obviously, when they introduced heirloom in Wrath, they didn't foresee Armor Specialization in Cata. With the same logic, I don't know how classes are going to be in MoP. Because of the new fixed mana pool, maybe we should have plate with Spirit/Haste/Mastery, etc. Who knows?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
The whole point of heirlooms is to make the leveling of alts faster. I don't think they need to give us heirlooms for every slot. Just enough to give all classes (and specs) equal access to them. There should be plate with intellect, because any leveling as a holy paladin is at a disadvantage to other classes and specs. My resto shaman has them; so should anyone leveling a paladin.

the reason i'm baffled about those is the fact theirs a bow there.....I know a bow is a hunters focused weapon but the same goes to a paladin sheild.Also theirs only one piece of plate int gear x.x which you have to get hp for and i frankly hate pvping with my hunter too many buttons not enough reaction time.
Reply Quote
11 Human Paladin
04/12/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Lendis
I think the lack of Intel plate heirloom is probably because nobody can use them before lvl 40

Plate heirlooms will downgrade to mail automagically until you get to level 40 when they'll revert to plate.

Always only buy the heirlooms that you can wear after 40 because of this automagic downgrade system. Just FYI.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
There are plate healing boa shoulders.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Okay.

Dont get so confused by all of this, i leveled my First Holy paladin or should i say my First Char ( original ) with No BOA at all.
I find that your gear is Fine or in fact perfect for your leveling.
04/11/2012 12:03 AMPosted by Anarri
holy light should be your emergency heal. Never ever touch FoL

This is kinda wrong for not being level 85.
In your case , do anything best to keep everyone up full , Always beacon tank, and keep Holy Shock on CD , most of the time i heal a dps and the tank will get the heal from beacon and i will get the heal from my talent tree.
Dont be afraid to use FOL since Holy Light is super slow , FOL should be you emergency heal not Holy Light.

Use Divine Plea ! its just a 2 mins CD

Go RBG's from time to time for fun and exp :)

Good Luck and Have fun!
Edited by Ilonois on 4/13/2012 8:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Hehe, right now i'm stacking honor so that way when i'm level 70 i can pop into the pvp armor( stacking enough to actually get both tanking and heal sets)

I'm doing this because a friend said that these peices of armor will outlast boa's till level 78 so i could probably go from pvp 70 armor to green cata's at that time.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
This is kinda wrong for not being level 85.
In your case , do anything best to keep everyone up full , Always beacon tank, and keep Holy Shock on CD , most of the time i heal a dps and the tank will get the heal from beacon and i will get the heal from my talent tree.
Dont be afraid to use FOL since Holy Light is super slow , FOL should be you emergency heal not Holy Light.

He has mana problems. FoL causes mana problems.

I can tell you from personal experience, I never touched FoL while leveling my holy paladin, and I leveled her in instances, healing. With HSs and WoGs that fill a third of the tank's health bar, and HLs that fill almost the entire health bar, FoL is overkill. Be proactive, and precast HLs when you need to, but the tank should never be taking enough damage that FoL is necessary.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/13/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Anarri
With HSs and WoGs that fill a third of the tank's health bar

HS and WoG heals full bar when your a low Level , i even use it in RBG's
04/13/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Anarri
He has mana problems. FoL causes mana problems.

yes it does but when you have Divine Plea it doesn't matter , and like i said he/she is still not 85 so it doesn't really matter.

Just keep targeting a mob and use judgment.
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Paladin
How are you leveling? Dungeons, or questing, or a mixture of both?

If you are doing some questing, then I'd recommend getting a sort of "Shockadin" off-spec. Otherwise, you will have mana issues.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
How are you leveling? Dungeons, or questing, or a mixture of both?

If you are doing some questing, then I'd recommend getting a sort of "Shockadin" off-spec. Otherwise, you will have mana issues.

Dungeons, bout to hit the point where I'm gonna have to quest

I've also done some pvping to stock up on points for outlands gear:D
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/13/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Ilonois
yes it does but when you have Divine Plea it doesn't matter , and like i said he/she is still not 85 so it doesn't really matter.

You understand that the OP is coming to us for help with mana problems, right? Telling him "it's cool, you don't actually have mana problems" isn't really helping.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Posted by Ilonois
yes it does but when you have Divine Plea it doesn't matter , and like i said he/she is still not 85 so it doesn't really matter.You understand that the OP is coming to us for help with mana problems, right? Telling him "it's cool, you don't actually have mana problems" isn't really helping.

Please no more bickering :(, I fixed my mana problems....I've also run into a new problem......blackrock.-. i hate this place with a passion i think i'm gonna have to quest through it so i don't have to do deal with the crap it gives me :/Also i did the thread before divine plea, now that i have it she's right my mana problems went out the window, Get to half mana pop divine plea and i'm back to full quickly.
Reply Quote
04/13/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Dawndragoon
Please no more bickering :(, I fixed my mana problems....I've also run into a new problem......blackrock.-. i hate this place with a passion i think i'm gonna have to quest through it so i don't have to do deal with the crap it gives me :/Also i did the thread before divine plea, now that i have it she's right my mana problems went out the window, Get to half mana pop divine plea and i'm back to full quickly.

Blackrock Depths? It's actually a really good instance for leveling....IF your group is intelligent enough to understand that CLEARING the place is better than the crappy satchel at the end.

Same goes for Blackrock Spire, both the Upper and Lower wings give amazing XP, but so many people wan't to skip so much that they might as well be Scarlet Monastery all over again....

If its a navigation issue, just remind people of what the M button does....and if that doesn't work, open your map, switch it to the small version, and lead them around by the nose. Make special point to rub the fact you can read and use a map, in their faces....who knows, maybe they will eventually learn...

BRD, UBRS, LBRS, Gnomer, etc.; are ALL some of the BEST instances whilst leveling, at their respective levels, simply because the sheer amount of trash = insane XP intake, especially with heirlooms. Frankly, I recommend people do them often at their repsective levels, because Outland/NR/Cata dungeons cannot compare on the XP bar percentage those dungeons can dish out when fully cleared.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/13/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Dawndragoon
I've also run into a new problem......blackrock.

What are you having trouble with in Blackrock?

04/13/2012 11:35 PMPosted by Oldwolfe
Outland/NR/Cata dungeons cannot compare on the XP bar percentage those dungeons can dish out when fully cleared.

True, but remember that OL/NR covers 10 levels in the timeframe of 30, and Cata covers 5 in the timeframe of 30. Naturally, the instances will make less of a dent in your XP bar.
Edited by Anarri on 4/13/2012 11:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/13/2012 11:35 PMPosted by Anarri
True, but remember that OL/NR covers 10 levels in the timeframe of 30, and Cata covers 5 in the timeframe of 30. Naturally, the instances will make less of a dent in your XP bar.

True, but by the same virtue, you can get far more level appropriate XP for your time input in BRD/BRS than you can in, say, Nexus or Mana Tombs. That isn't say BRD and such are easier instances, they are just instances designed around having large amounts of trash for the group to work through to reach bosses, and more trash = more XP while leveling.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]