Blizzard Unforgiving Scythe hits Hunters

85 Human Paladin

The one thing I am mostly worrying about is long arm of the law + burden of guilt, plus now they won't require melee attacks to hit us hard with exo and I can't wait to have execution sentence hovering over my head the whole time I am trying to somehow dish out more slows and roots than the paladin.

Ret looks absolutely ridiculous-a spec without weaknesses. Of course, I have one which I've been messing around with some (posting on it now), but it's such an easy spec to play that it just doesn't hold my interest. Judge, exorcism, pop wings, hammer of wrath, hammer of wrath, hammer of wrath, hammer of wrath. No CD on word of glory heals while you build up holy power by even thinking about holy power. Tough stuff. What fun is it to faceroll with a spec that any ebay player could faceroll with?

The MoP design intent seems to be to appeal to the masses by providing for a lot of easy faceroll specs. Gonna chase some other customers away though.
Edited by Kellany on 4/14/2012 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
04/12/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Môrgoth
This is a little premature...it's still Beta guys. I said the same thing to the Mage who is on a QQ crusade in the 'Mages look weak' thread. We know what Blizz always says to Hunters, next expansion will fix it...we'll just have to test like we always do, give our feedback, and hope - but saying we're already getting the scythe is a little much even in my opinion.

Alot of folks just like you said the same thing about the complaints during cata beta and look what happened,its never too early or premature.

Especially given this statement;

Will we take steps to adjust hunters if they continue to be weak in Arenas? Yes. This is absolutely a concern of ours. To some extent my reputation is on the line here because I keep trying to assure players that we will make adjustments, and I know you’ll throw it back in my face if we don’t deliver. The game has only been out for a few days though, so it’s just premature to make sweeping changes yet. I realize some knowledgeable hunters are convinced the changes we made were not enough. At the end of the day though, it is us, not the players, who need to make decisions about game design. We will always listen to your feedback when making our decisions though.-GhostcrawlerNov 14, 2008

I almost fell outta my chair when GC said they will almost definitely remove the cast timer on BA.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
"Hunter - Major Glyphs
Glyph of Deterrence - Now increases the damage reduction granted by Deterrence by 20%, instead of decreasing cooldown."

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read this is that it is indeed a nerf. Increasing the damage reduction by 20% means the reduction will go from 30% to 36%...right? IMO an extra 6% isn't worth reducing the CD.

The CD on Deterrence is two minutes. In PVP, being able to use it more often sure seems like a better deal than an added 6% damage reduction.

I have deja vu all over again. And I hate re-reading that damn quote from GC, because I don't have an ounce of faith in his credibility.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"Hunter - Major Glyphs
Glyph of Deterrence - Now increases the damage reduction granted by Deterrence by 20%, instead of decreasing cooldown."

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read this is that it is indeed a nerf. Increasing the damage reduction by 20% means the reduction will go from 30% to 36%...right? IMO an extra 6% isn't worth reducing the CD.

It'd be hilarious if that was the change, but I'm almost certain that it means an additional 20% damage reduction, so from 30 to 50%.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
"Hunter - Major Glyphs

It'd be hilarious if that was the change, but I'm almost certain that it means an additional 20% damage reduction, so from 30 to 50%.

Its a shame that the public school system is such a mess, how does your math even count as math?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
everyone says 'stop complaining its just beta' well now is the time TO complain.... since because its beta thats when things can be changed.

ive heard issues like.. ahunter at range only gets about 5 seconds of uptime on your extra pets due to travel from yourself to the target (since hunters still want to be at range)

our fire elemental has a 10min cd.. but a 2 minute duration. the stampede would have to hit like a freaking meteor to be a 10 second duration.

04/14/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Mezasu
Its a shame that the public school system is such a mess, how does your math even count as math?

he has a valid point. since most things are multiplicative on wow. so he's saying the glyph sounds like it adds 20% of the 30% (which would be 6%) but when glyphs are concerned its usually additive (50% instead of 30%)
Edited by Kataclyzmik on 4/14/2012 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter

Mez, please be kind enough to point out to whom you are referring.

If it's me, perhaps a quick check of your calculations will show your error. Twenty-percent of 30 is indeed six.

If it's Elidra, then you're incorrect to claim a math error, because she (he?) is only providing an alternative interpretation (which I don't think is right, but I get the point).
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Ok, I've been trying to theorycraft how I might be able to beat a ret in MoP in light of this arcane shot glyph nerf, and here's the best I've been able to come up with.

Go marksman, spec into Wyvern Sting and use a crocodile pet for the 50% snare. Keep serpent sting on the ret (chimera shot will refresh it if it isn't cleansed).

I think that might work because it will put 3 snares on the ret (arcane shot snare, concussive barrage snare from chimera shot and crocodile snare.) Rets will have a new spell that removes one movement impairing effect, but only one at a time and at a high mana cost. The ret won't have enough mana to keep cleansing all the snares.

And, unlike on live, we'll be able to use serpent sting against rets because cleanse will be a separate spell, so they won't cleanse serpent sting as a bonus every time they cleanse our snares. Wyvern sting can be used for cc- it obviously removes the serpent sting so can be used with that DOT. And the 10% chimera shot heal and disengage heal will take care a lot of his damage.

I think this might work- will give it a try if I ever get into beta. But I obviously won't be able to have a special ret-killing spec anywhere outside of duels, and I don't see how we could beat a ret without a special spec- they counter us so hard as currrently designed in MoP.
Edited by Kellani on 4/14/2012 4:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Ok, I've been trying to theorycraft how I might be able to beat a ret in MoP in light of this arcane shot glyph nerf, and here's the best I've been able to come up with.

Go marksman, spec into Wyvern Sting and use a crocodile pet for the 50% snare. Keep serpent sting on the ret (chimera shot will refresh it if it isn't cleansed).

I think that might work because it will put 3 snares on the ret (arcane shot snare, concussive barrage snare from chimera shot and crocodile snare.) Rets will have a new spell that removes one movement impairing effect, but only one at a time and at a high mana cost. The ret won't have enough mana to keep cleansing all the snares.

And, unlike on live, we'll be able to use serpent sting against rets because cleanse will be a separate spell, so they won't cleanse serpent sting as a bonus every time they cleanse our snares. Wyvern sting can be used for cc- it obviously removes the serpent sting so can be used with that DOT. And the 10% chimera shot heal and disengage heal will take care a lot of his damage.

I think this might work- will give it a try if I ever get into beta. But I obviously won't be able to have a special ret-killing spec anywhere outside of duels, and I don't see how we could beat a ret without a special spec- they counter us so hard as currrently designed in MoP.

But now you will have to contend with their semi permanent speed boost since arcane glyph now does not put a cap on movement speed like conc does on live
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
04/14/2012 05:21 PMPosted by Prieto
But now you will have to contend with their semi permanent speed boost since arcane glyph now does not put a cap on movement speed like conc does on live

The relative uptime of Long Arm is the same at range, it's only within 15 yards that the uptime increases. Plopping a snare down in the middle of the buff pretty much negates it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
04/14/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Snozberries

The relative uptime of Long Arm is the same at range, it's only within 15 yards that the uptime increases. Plopping a snare down in the middle of the buff pretty much negates it.[

[quote="44271187757"]But now you will have to contend with their semi permanent speed boost since arcane glyph now does not put a cap on movement speed like conc does on live

The relative uptime of Long Arm is the same at range, it's only within 15 yards that the uptime increases. Plopping a snare down in the middle of the buff pretty much negates it.

Not when our got to slow only slows you down by 5%
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I knew the devs was going to bend us over as payment for taking away minimum range
I guess they figured we arnt going to need to kite anymore so they are going to take what need away to do so
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10 minutes seems too long for a non battle rez cooldown.

Having had to rely on a 10 minute cooldown for my dps for most of this expansion, I can say that I wouldn't wish it on anyone else. Now with the 10 second duration it's still within the realm of acceptable because it really falls within the "cool but not worth much dps" domain.

I think something more pleasing to everyone involved would be something similar to the MoP Fire Elemental setup of 5 min CD/1 min duration. Strong dps cooldown with a short enough cooldown to be used on every attempt.
Edited by Gistwiki on 4/14/2012 5:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
37 Blood Elf Paladin
Stampede, as of now, has the pets spawning behind the Hunter and taking a few seconds to even reach a target at 15 yards. So we're really getting an 8-second gimmick with a 10-minute CD. Thanks, but no thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
10 minutes seems too long for a non battle rez cooldown.

Having had to rely on a 10 minute cooldown for my dps for most of this expansion, I can say that I wouldn't wish it on anyone else. Now with the 10 second duration it's still within the realm of acceptable because it really falls within the "cool but not worth much dps" domain.

I think something more pleasing to everyone involved would be something similar to the MoP Fire Elemental setup of 5 min CD/1 min duration. Strong dps cooldown with a short enough cooldown to be used on every attempt.
As we saw with Doomguard...

Make it 5 minutes, cooldown starts once combat has ended (and do the same with Army, Doomguard, and Rebirth spells). Sure, it's not as bad as it was in Classic with hard bosses and Shield Wall being a THIRTY minute cooldown, but 5 minutes is plenty of time between bosses or wipes for the cooldown to refresh for the next pull. Personal DPS matters when you're progressing, since it's also the RAID'S DPS that you're increasing. It's not greedy to try and squeeze another 50k damage out with a cooldown if it's the difference between hitting a hard enrage or running out of cooldowns on high-damage adds.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
The hunter will be balanced with Stampede in the equation but it probably wont be available on each boss fight and defiantly not available after a wipe on a boss so are hunters expected to have good dps on every other boss and suck on the others
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
PLEASE GET RID OF THIS TERRIBLE SPELL/ABILITY CALLED STAMPEDE

Give me a raid CD, give me something that allows us to be brought to bleeding edge hard modes, give us something that makes raid leaders go, damn we need that buff and the hunter claass is the perfect fit.
Reply Quote
97 Dwarf Hunter
If it's me, perhaps a quick check of your calculations will show your error. Twenty-percent of 30 is indeed six.

Yes, and it could very easily be a typo, I am sure that it means additional 20%, otherwise it would be absolutely worthless and blizzard would never word something like that,
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
04/14/2012 10:06 PMPosted by Spinnerdh

Yes, and it could very easily be a typo, I am sure that it means additional 20%, otherwise it would be absolutely worthless and blizzard would never word something like that,

I'm pretty sure its a typo.

Glyph of Deterrence - Now provides an additional 6% damage reduction, instead of decreasing its cooldown
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]