Blizzard Unforgiving Scythe hits Hunters

90 Draenei Shaman
Changes during a beta are neither buffs nor nerfs, they are simply balancing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The cooldown of Stampede was always going to be long. They did not originally set it up to be 30 seconds. That was just a tooltip error, because whoever posted those changes got it confused with the new talent Call Beast, which is in-fact a 30 second cooldown, and only summons one beast.

Stampede was always going to be 5-10 minutes in cooldown, but hunters were hoping it'd be 5 minutes so that it'd be usable every boss fight, and ideally in arena. Unfortunately they are making it an Army of the Dead, which is going to be very annoying in PvE when you use it at the beginning of a boss fight and then wipe soon after, and cannot use it for a long time.

As of right now, it actually is a bit underpowered on the Beta, and a bit buggy. Not all of the pets actually go in to attack immedaitely, and they all spawn from behind the Hunter, so the time they spend running to the desired mob is a DPS loss.

The 10 seocnd duration is too short, and I believe Army of the Dead lasts quite a bit longer than that. Considering it is not usable in Arena, a 15-18 second duration is not that imbalanced. It would be nice if we had something to reduce its cooldown to 6 minutes, like the Warlock tier 13 2-piece bonus for their demon summons.

The major problem that we will be seeing in the future when it comes to actually buffing this ability for Hunters is that it will be too powerful for Beast Mastery, making Marksman and Survival hunters suffer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hunter (Forums)
Stampede - Now has a 10 min cooldown, up from 30 sec.

Did you ever actually fight against a hunter using this skill? They could get the second wave of pets out before the first had even despawned, and woudl get DUPLICATES of every spell they had. Now it has the same cooldown as Army of the Dead, which is perfectly justifiable, because before it was Army on a 30 second cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
04/15/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Jaswin
Changes during a beta are neither buffs nor nerfs, they are simply balancing.

I just have to shake my head.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Hunter (Forums)
Stampede - Now has a 10 min cooldown, up from 30 sec.

Did you ever actually fight against a hunter using this skill? They could get the second wave of pets out before the first had even despawned, and woudl get DUPLICATES of every spell they had. Now it has the same cooldown as Army of the Dead, which is perfectly justifiable, because before it was Army on a 30 second cooldown.

You are completely wrong, not only has stampede been removed from readiness, but it is in no way the same as army of the dead. Army of the dead lasts 40 seconds. Stampede lasts 10 seconds. Please learn your numbers, 40 is bigger than 10, in fact it's a lot bigger than 10, a 10 minute cooldown is in no way justifiable.

If it has one fourth the duration, it should have one fourth the cooldown, which would be 2 minutes 30 seconds.
Edited by Spinnerdh on 4/16/2012 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

You are completely wrong, not only has stampede been removed from readiness, but it is in no way the same as army of the dead. Army of the dead lasts 40 seconds. Stampede lasts 10 seconds. Please learn your numbers, 40 is bigger than 10, in fact it's a lot bigger than 10, a 10 minute cooldown is in no way justifiable.

If it has one fourth the duration, it should have one fourth the cooldown, which would be 2 minutes 30 seconds.
You are wrong...because this is a hunter spell. It is supposed to have 4x the CD and a 10% of the utility/damage vs similar spells.

Silly me, I forgot the most important part about playing a hunter. Flavor is very important and this ability having a stupidly long cooldown is a reminder of what it means to have hunter flavor. Man, I love it when snake trap 75 dmg dot breaks CCs.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
You are wrong...because this is a hunter spell. It is supposed to have 4x the CD and a 10% of the utility/damage vs similar spells.

Silly me, I forgot the most important part about playing a hunter. Flavor is very important and this ability having a stupidly long cooldown is a reminder of what it means to have hunter flavor. Man, I love it when snake trap 75 dmg dot breaks CCs.

Not sure if you know or not, but Snake is finally getting updated from TBC. The DOT is still highly flavorful (if memory servers), but the snake bites themselves are hitting fairly hard, and the snakes have a much more robust health pool.

The video I saw had the poison DOTs only affected the target being actively attacked, but the debuff poisons were affecting an AOE radius.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
They ought to make Stampede work like a DK's army. Same duration, same damage. Only thing I'd do different would be a taunt that can be toggled on-or-off.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

Not sure if you know or not, but Snake is finally getting updated from TBC. The DOT is still highly flavorful (if memory servers), but the snake bites themselves are hitting fairly hard, and the snakes have a much more robust health pool.

The video I saw had the poison DOTs only affected the target being actively attacked, but the debuff poisons were affecting an AOE radius.

I saw that video, but frankly I was alarmed to the fact that they decided to fix part of snake trap but not the entire thing. I am glad for the changes but it's also pretty baffling that the DoT is being kept, I suspect that in the end it will scale with our stats as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]