Why 2h Polearms?

85 Human Hunter
Is the reason that Hunters this season are using 2h Polearms instead of two 1h weapons because of the increased number of stats they receive?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
04/11/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Cortinia
increased number of stats
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
04/11/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Cortinia
Is the reason that Hunters this season are using 2h Polearms instead of two 1h weapons because of the increased number of stats they receive?

It's not a "this season" thing. It started in Wrath, but was solidified in Cata with 1H enchants that don't even hold a candle to the 2H version. This is in addition to the stat budget.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
I like dat +130 agi enchant.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
04/11/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Jalus
Weapon chain is for noobs. Real hunters never let melee touch them!

Priests
Reply Quote
04/11/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Jalus
Weapon chain is for noobs. Real hunters never let melee touch them!

Yeah i know. I was deer hunting at the vermont/canada border with a .308 the other day and that knife guy was sooooo not gonna try anything stupid.

On the other hand , any and all world of warcraft hunters get train'd by melee.
Edited by Tigidou on 4/12/2012 7:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
04/11/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Xavv
Priests
ownt
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
to be honest (im not in Pvp gear while posting) but i use 2 1h weps... 25agi enchant on one (its the best i found D:) and weapon chain on the other.. its a nasty supprise for most classs that disarm me :P
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
The only reason hunters ever went Dual Weild in the first place was during BC it meant double mana regen enchants (meant for casters) because we were so screwed up in arenas, having to win by mana draining healers before our healer was 'mana drained' by healing us.

Otherwise 2h has always been better for the large one-hit smacks we could deliver if we found ourselves in melee. Why polearms though?? Beats me. Probably because Druids can also equip them for feral and Bliz is tired of itemizing for each class =P

Edit: I should add that I am speaking purely from a PvP perspective. The guy below me is also right.
Edited by Scrappy on 4/12/2012 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
The main reason we use Polearms and Staves rather than dual wielding is due to the current available enchants.

For a Two Handed, we have +130 Agility. For One Handers, nothing comes close to this, unlike in Wrath, where we had Attack Power enchants that added up the same way dual wielding or using a two hander.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
04/12/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Cattibrié
to be honest (im not in Pvp gear while posting) but i use 2 1h weps... 25agi enchant on one (its the best i found D:) and weapon chain on the other.. its a nasty supprise for most classs that disarm me :P

Then you're doing it wrong, try adding up the stats. Even with the 25 agi enchant it lets you use, you get more from a 2h than 2x 1h. On break in a raid on my alt right now so I havent time to post the stats, i'll come back and edit them in when raid ends if nobody beats me to it.

Cataclysmic Gladiator's Cleaver

Cataclysmic Gladiator's Pike

So, axe gives 208 agi, 312 stam, 139 crit, 139 resil, x2 = 416 agi, 624 stam, 278 crit, 278 resil
Pike gives 486 agi, 730 stam, 324 crit, 324 resil.

The 2h then gives you 70 agi, 106 stam, 46 crit, 46 resil over the 2x 1h weapons. THAT is why we use 2h weapons instead of 1h.
Edited by Katzbalger on 4/12/2012 8:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The only reason hunters ever went Dual Weild in the first place was during BC it meant double mana regen enchants (meant for casters) because we were so screwed up in arenas, having to win by mana draining healers before our healer was 'mana drained' by healing us.

Otherwise 2h has always been better for the large one-hit smacks we could deliver if we found ourselves in melee. Why polearms though?? Beats me. Probably because Druids can also equip them for feral and Bliz is tired of itemizing for each class =P

Edit: I should add that I am speaking purely from a PvP perspective. The guy below me is also right.

We used double 30 int enchants on one handers, frequently with a weapon swap macro. Typical pvp hunter would carry a 35 agil two hander, and two 30 int one handers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]