my god... how do you beat a mage??

88 Undead Rogue
Don't Shadowstep until they've blinked, follow that and you should be fine. Don't CoS anything until you're sure you can get them down in the next Shadowstep or revanish. Keep recupe up, throw between cc's. If you're in HoT, hopefully you'll get a combat point every few seconds, a deadly throw + throw macro comes in handy for this.
Edited by Sangriax on 4/12/2012 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I prefer to get at least 3 other friends to kill him with me.

Its like a heroic dungeon.

Or a healer.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Insult their dress. They'll start weeping.
Reply Quote
mages should be asking this kind of question sigh....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Rogues keep touching me in that bad place ><
Reply Quote
l2p
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
as much as this may seem like a simple, trolling response:

gem and enchant your toon.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Hunter
Go Unholy dk.

I got 99 problems but a mage aint one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Frost: Sap, get behind the mage and turn away from him so that your line of vision forms a 90 degree angle from where his back is facing. use premeditation and......

''Wall of text crits eyes for 1000k'' K.O
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Take 1pt out of coup de grace, put it into Blackjack. evisc hits like pp 99% of the time and this will nerf his opening burst by 35%.

only trinket deep freeze.

use both smoke bombs defensively.

dont shadowstep until he blinks

dont stun until he blinks

try to use cloak offensively
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Liberal use of Garrote and stuns. Kick the damn pet if you get in range and it won't be able to nova you. Whoever uses more cooldowns first will lose usually.
Edited by Orimos on 4/14/2012 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Frost: Sap, get behind the mage and turn away from him so that your line of vision forms a 90 degree angle from where his back is facing. use premeditation and garrote straight into a kidney. he will be silenced and stunned at the same..

Heres my question because i simply dont know the answer, why stun and silence both at the same time? Arent you uneffectively putting DR on both of CC? Does the stun/silence prevent the pet from freezing you or something?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
potion of speed,sprint and all cool downs
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
When did this game become so horribly unbalanced that a mage can easily beat a rogue. I never played an MMO before where a class that is built to kill clothies gets killed by that class. Game makes sense less and less.
Reply Quote
Aou
85 Human Mage
Ðebauchery

A mage having hypothermia with no blink ===== a dead mage. And it's up to you to make it happen.

This is my mage. So if you wish to know how to beat a mage, be a mage first. If you count in everything, it all comes down to CD time counts.

step vs blink
vanish + cloak vs iceblock
preparation vs cold snap
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]