Kargath Dynasty - FU, Dosi, OU, ToA, Eternal?

90 Dwarf Priest
Somebody who's been around long enough to observe and/or be a part of these so called "dynasty" guilds. Honestly i'm surprised george reacted how he did considering "how much easier" the game is now.

So from what I can find, you joined ToA a month before they closed up shop (great job killing Wickitt's guild, man), you joined FU after that in 2010 but they had already cleared ICC and you just floated along sponging up loot, after that you seem to have xferred to play with Eternal but they had already finished the place on Heroic so you just sponged some more loot. After you made a fool of yourself in Eternal you joined your current guild and rocked LFR.

I can find no evidence of you doing anything before that and you have been on the server since 2009.

Looks to me like you are a nobody who hasn't really been around that long in any sort of capacity to have any significance whatsoever. Go away.

Looks to me like your investigative prowess is not nearly as adept as you believe it to be. I've been on the server since shortly after launch and contributed to many guilds under various different characters. Including the abomination known as Fatal Union. In fact, 99% of your "facts" are incorrect. You obviously don't know me or how I choose to play now. (casual in case you still don't get it.) Your ignorance is evident so i won't bother going on.

You see, that's much different than what you said earlier although I still disagree with you. Kargath is ranked 80 out of 246, that's well above average. If you consider Kargath's low population, that's actually not a bad ranking at all compared to other servers. Lower population means a lot less players to choose from and less guilds contributing to that ranking.

Any guild worth it's salt can promote enough cross realm recruits to keep itself in the upper ranks low pop or not.

Much Love and support to The Iron Fist!
Edited by Pamandra on 4/16/2012 9:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/16/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Pamandra

So from what I can find, you joined ToA a month before they closed up shop (great job killing Wickitt's guild, man), you joined FU after that in 2010 but they had already cleared ICC and you just floated along sponging up loot, after that you seem to have xferred to play with Eternal but they had already finished the place on Heroic so you just sponged some more loot. After you made a fool of yourself in Eternal you joined your current guild and rocked LFR.

I can find no evidence of you doing anything before that and you have been on the server since 2009.

Looks to me like you are a nobody who hasn't really been around that long in any sort of capacity to have any significance whatsoever. Go away.

Looks to me like your investigative prowess is not nearly as adept as you believe it to be. I've been on the server since shortly after launch and contributed to many guilds under various different characters. Including the abomination known as Fatal Union. In fact, 99% of your "facts" are incorrect. You obviously don't know me or how I choose to play now. (casual in case you still don't get it.) Your ignorance is evident so i won't bother going on.

Names?

I'm still trying to figure out why you are acting like you are anyone of importance, and you are still not proving anything by saying "I've totally been here since day 1 and done lots of neat things".

As far as I can tell, from 2009 and on you did nothing but get carried by FU and Eternal, prove me wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest

Names?

I'm still trying to figure out why you are acting like you are anyone of importance, and you are still not proving anything by saying "I've totally been here since day 1 and done lots of neat things".

As far as I can tell, from 2009 and on you did nothing but get carried by FU and Eternal, prove me wrong.

I'm in no way attempting some self promotion campaign here. I don't care about raiding or my "place in kargath history." I just commented in regards to the notion that any guild on kargath is a "DYNASTY." Because I don't think there are any.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You forgot to mention Reconstructed.

Other than that Darot is pretty much spot-on.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

Legion of Champions under Willbonney killed Rag40m first on Kargath.
LoC really never recovered after the summer of '06.
There are a few highlights to vanilla, like pre-bg TM. Where Alliance owned the little fraction of Kargath's population that was horde.
paradosi was really the only horde guild that I remember, and that was largely because of premade bgs in the second half. Where george had 2 pocket healers and a thunderfury.

Your memory or information is incorrect! LoC got the realm first Onyxia around that time which is what you might be thinking about. Paradosi got the realm first 40m Ragnaros. LoC might have been 4th at best to 40m Rag because I know EoCD and ToA beat them to that kill Alliance side while LoC focused a lot of that early raid time to working on Onyxia while the rest of us were in Molten Core.

What George says about LoC is true. We got the server first Onyxia kill back at lvl 60. Our Ragnaros kill was about 3 weeks after it was first killed on Kargath.

OU (Origin Unknown) was really the same guild as LoC (same leadership, minus Willbonney) and dominated the alliance side of raiding though AQ40 (Alliance first C'thun, etc). Server troubles... who cant remember the horrible server issues during the peak of AQ40 raiding, lead most of the guild to leave the server. This was also the high point in my opinion of World PvP, and the feeling of guild identity really meaning something.

LoC leaving the server allowed EoCD to come to prominence alliance side and stay relevant though Naxx 40.

------
I can confirm the Ragnaros kill because of the conversation going on in general chat in the video I have of the Legion of Champions first Rag kill video I had recorded. For any interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUhRnq0Ml5g
It was 7/31/2005

LoC also has claim to the server first Nefarian kill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeSbZosSu2A
The Nefarian kill was 11/04/2005

Edit ~corrected some spelling errors~
Edited by Tobiah on 4/16/2012 10:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

There are a few highlights to vanilla, like pre-bg TM. Where Alliance owned the little fraction of Kargath's population that was horde.
paradosi was really the only horde guild that I remember, and that was largely because of premade bgs in the second half. Where george had 2 pocket healers and a thunderfury.

Your memory or information is incorrect! LoC got the realm first Onyxia around that time which is what you might be thinking about. Paradosi got the realm first 40m Ragnaros. LoC might have been 4th at best to 40m Rag because I know EoCD and ToA beat them to that kill Alliance side while LoC focused a lot of that early raid time to working on Onyxia while the rest of us were in Molten Core.

What George says about LoC is true. We got the server first Onxyia kill back at lvl 60. Our Ragnaros kill was about 3 weeks after it was first killed on Kargath.

OU (Origin Unknown) was really the same guild as LoC (same leadership, minus Willbonney) and dominated the alliance side of raiding though AQ40. Server troubles... who cant remember the horrible server issues during the peak of AQ40 raiding, lead most of the guild to leave the server. This was also the high point in my opinion of World PvP, and the feeling of guild identity really meaning something.

I can confirm the Ragnaros kill because of the conversation going on in general chat in the video I have of the Legion of Champions first Rag kill video I had recorded. For any interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUhRnq0Ml5g
It was 7/31/2005

LoC also has claim to the server first Nefarian kill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeSbZosSu2A

My god, a 720p video from 2005.

You must have been running a supercomputer!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
04/16/2012 04:28 AMPosted by Pamandra
You all laugh, but deep down you know Kargath has always been and forever will be, AVERAGE!

Why would anyone care if the server is average or not?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
04/16/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Lauriel
You all laugh, but deep down you know Kargath has always been and forever will be, AVERAGE!

I agree Laur. Why would anyone care about anything, ever unless they truly cared.

Truly a paradox.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/16/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Lauriel

That's the spirit!
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior

What George says about LoC is true. We got the server first Onyxia kill back at lvl 60. Our Ragnaros kill was about 3 weeks after it was first killed on Kargath.

OU (Origin Unknown) was really the same guild as LoC (same leadership, minus Willbonney) and dominated the alliance side of raiding though AQ40 (Alliance first C'thun, etc). Server troubles... who cant remember the horrible server issues during the peak of AQ40 raiding, lead most of the guild to leave the server. This was also the high point in my opinion of World PvP, and the feeling of guild identity really meaning something.

LoC leaving the server allowed EoCD to come to prominence alliance side and stay relevant though Naxx 40.

------
It was 7/31/2005

Edit ~corrected some spelling errors~

I have to correct you on one thing. LoC exploited the first Nefarian kill kinda like Paradosi exploiting the first Vael kill :)

Paradosi was the first to kill Nefarian legit by only attempting him 1 time per day as was Blizzards intention back then before they removed the restriction. Blizzard officially announced guilds pulling him multiple times per day were exploiting.

However, I am not going to pretend I was an angel in all this. I wanted to exploit Nef and pull him multiple times per day. But all my officers voted against me and wanted to do it legit. They suck.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I don't know anything about Pam's history other than "Joined Eternal, Eternal got server first H-LK because of it" and the one raid that I ran with like a month or two ago where I found out that apparently "Casual" in Pam's definition is either "Below average" or "I don't care enough to bother trying."

There are many guilds that have been around for quite some time that have maintained about the same general social and raiding status. Since we've already established that Kargath doesn't really have any guild that is "Dynasty" status I suppose I'm fine with mentioning other "Top-End" guilds.

It's interesting though how little we hear from anyone in today's "top end" whether it's on the forums or in game. Other than FU's boasting (which is fair considering the accomplishments) you just don't often see the same level of "Grats on so and so killing whatever relevant boss" posts like you used to. (Until the ethos / esheep madness posts above that totally kill my point.)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

It's interesting though how little we hear from anyone in today's "top end" whether it's on the forums or in game. Other than FU's boasting (which is fair considering the accomplishments) you just don't often see the same level of "Grats on so and so killing whatever relevant boss" posts like you used to. (Until the ethos / esheep madness posts above that totally kill my point.)

That's because raiding has been dumbed down and made widely accessible to anyone. It's just not what it used to be. You kill the last boss of an expansion after a few pulls and no one (not even in your group) really cares. How did you feel about your first Kael or Vashj kill back in BC? After weeks and weeks of wipes you finally kill it and your Vent almost explodes. Same goes for the reactions from the spectators... nothing that exciting anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

That's because raiding has been dumbed down and made widely accessible to anyone. It's just not what it used to be. You kill the last boss of an expansion after a few pulls and no one (not even in your group) really cares. How did you feel about your first Kael or Vashj kill back in BC? After weeks and weeks of wipes you finally kill it and your Vent almost explodes. Same goes for the reactions from the spectators... nothing that exciting anymore.

I can't speak for everyone, but Esheep still got excited on vent when we killed new heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This has been entertaining, and I didn't even have to nag anyone on!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

I can't speak for everyone, but Esheep still got excited on vent when we killed new heroics.

There's a difference between some excitement after killing a boss after 10 or so pulls and Vent blowing up after wasting a month of your time. I know you know the difference. :P
Edited by Hoochy on 4/16/2012 8:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Human Paladin

No, he's pretty spot-on, actually. Loot sponge.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

There's a difference between some excitement after killing a boss after 10 or so pulls and Vent blowing up after wasting a month of your time. I know you know the difference. :P

Dat 27-man Golemagg kill... (DT Pwn Squad represent)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

I agree with this. I also am not disagreeing with Lauriel - we were of course excited to have downed HMadness. But we were more excited for HSpine. Heck, we were more excited for HNefarian... and our HRag kill which was done during T13 and on 10 man and in all regards not something to brag about. HMadness was just a flat-out disappointment and tbh this whole tier was lol. The only encounter worth its salt was HSpine.

T11 was the best tier of Cataclysm and it just went downhill from there. Also, T11 heroics are still harder than some T13 heroics. I think that's all I need to say about that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
In fact, 99% of your "facts" are incorrect. You obviously don't know me or how I choose to play now. (casual in case you still don't get it.) Your ignorance is evident so i won't bother going on.

If I remember correctly, you played a decent disc priest, though your attendance was horrible (worse than mine), particularly when we were trying to learn H LK. A disc priest's job on that fight was pretty easy, just stack spell power and bubble everyone, most guilds ran with 1-2 for it. We had a lot of problems with recruitment and attendance though, so we often had only one priest total, if you showed up.

I think you played a dwarf priest on alliance, possibly in TiF, don't remember your old alliance names though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't think the "final boss exceiement" on vent now is what it used to be (in regards to that comment) even though people still get excited.

I remember all 3 of my roomates (who don't play Warcraft) were standing behind me when we killed C'thun in FU and I'm pretty sure we broke some peoples speakers from all the screaming on vent.

I'm also pretty sure that Berry has that recording somewhere WITH vent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]