Kargath Dynasty - FU, Dosi, OU, ToA, Eternal?

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, boss kills don't have the same feeling as killing C'Thun, etc. anymore.

Back then it was a sense of achievement. Nowadays you have to deal with so much BS from egos, drama, and attendance issues, that by the time you kill the bosses, it's really taken away from that sense of achievement and turned it into a sense of relief.

I was in MotS when we merged together with BR to form FU, so i've essentially been in the same guild for over 6 years. I've seen a lot a people come and go, and come back again. Switching to doing a 10 man just so we could keep raiding at a heroic level sucked !@#, and I really hated it, but for those of us who were still dedicated to doing heroic content in FU, it was the only way we could proceed. We stuck through it and got server firsts, then when the chance came about to get some more peeps (damn you Frenchies!) and go back to doing 25's, we took it and continued with our goals.

Just for the sheer fact that we've been around so long, lived through and survived from so much, and still maintained competitive raiding through it all, i'd say we are about the closest thing to a Dynasty that you can get on this server.

I have always said that you are one resilient mother !@#$er Furtim, for the amount of time that you got *%%@ed around in those first few years of FU and still stuck through it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Back then it was a sense of achievement. Nowadays you have to deal with so much BS from egos, drama, and attendance issues, that by the time you kill the bosses, it's really taken away from that sense of achievement and turned it into a sense of relief.

Nailed it, it's just a shame most people blame blizzard for this instead of looking in the mirror
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
I think it has more to do with the original core player base growing up. I mean, being a part of the first massively successful MMO with huge production values and killing bosses as a teenager was cool.

For me at least, the magic is gone. I think I'm just getting old!
Edited by Ðeathweaver on 5/4/2012 11:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Nailed it, it's just a shame most people blame blizzard for this instead of looking in the mirror

There's blame on both sides. In the early game you *had* to put in the time and effort if you wanted to be at the top. How many people saw the original naxx? I know I didn't (and that was perfectly ok with me at the time.)

These days the game is so heavily oriented to casual players that the sense of "commitment" that was required back in the early days of WoW (and other games) is completely gone. In some ways this is positive and in some ways...well you get attendance issues etc. People today can be more open and annoying because if you don't like it well hey, I can just go elsewhere!

Death, I don't think it really has anything to do with the player base growing up. There's a slight amount of that but it's really more a difference of time and investment. It used to take a casual guild *months* to get to the final boss of an instance (and they may not ever down him). I'm mostly thinking of BC and Ulduar when I say this. This expansion if you're not at the final boss within 2 months they've already nerfed the content so hard you can be there in a week or two. The hardest part of downing a boss is having enough people show up to do it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i was in fu once...they did horrible things to me, unspeakable things... oh god the HORROR!

Xoniraes/Searinox backwards mindblown..
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Paradosi easily but thats no knock on any of the others mentioned. Kargath had some great guilds back in the day and Im proud to have played against some and with some.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I heard that originally FU recruited people by having Anetheron drive a van around, saying "Get in the Van" in a creepy pedo voice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/19/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Suhcamara
I heard that originally FU recruited people by having Anetheron drive a van around, saying "Get in the Van" in a creepy pedo voice.

That's actually rather accurate.
Reply Quote
http://i.qkme.me/4swl.jpg
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
06/19/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Carnivâle

That's actually rather accurate.

Don't be shy, Carni, you know you were the first one in the van.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Why does no one mention Caustic =(

We were top dogs when vanilla closed up shop.
Edited by Audén on 6/24/2012 6:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
31 Gnome Mage
how about NQ back in the BC days, you know before they became terrible.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Caustic was mentioned...read the first page!

<Eternal> doesn't belong in this thread. ***k them.

Over a longer period of time, <Caustic> was better than OU, ToA, and the early-on EoCD, and were the only guild to really challenge Paradosi at the end of Vanilla during 40-man Naxx and into TBC up through SSC, when they quit and Paradosi flat out pulled ahead. There was literally no competition for Paradosi after <Caustic> quit raiding.

Pretty sure LoC should at least be mentioned since they were in the running for Alliance-first Ragnaros (can't remember of it was LoC or ToA that got that).

But none of those guilds have stood the test of time like FU has, and that counts for something.

TLDR: <Eternal>? LOL
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
The ones that have kept it going through all the years have my vote.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

They could be the top guild in Cata (and mostly likely would be considered such by just about everyone) but if they don't continue in MoP then they are no different than the team who wins the superbowl once and then quietly fades back into every-day life.

.... GEAUX SAINTS! hater.
Edited by Sporkman on 7/1/2012 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Why does everyone keep capitalizing the word dynasty?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
07/05/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Poojo
Why does everyone keep capitalizing the word dynasty?

The word dynasty is capitalized if it is preceded by a proper noun or name. So if someone talks about the Kargath Dynasty, the word dynasty would be capitalized, whereas if they were just talking about a dynasty without a preceding capitalized word, they wouldn't have to.

Just look up some foreign dynasties for examples, like the Qin Dynasty or others.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
damn it welgard.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Never saw it used that way in this thread, hence my question.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]