Does Moon Guard have an RP portal?

100 Dwarf Paladin
I'll stand with Bradell on this one. He's being harsh, but he's also being truthful and gave you an accurate description of what happened last time this very specific website was used on the Moon Guard forum.

Having said that, this iteration avoids the use of the "L" word and any "L" implications so far, which will keep the drama away for a bit.

And, having said both, since we do have a forum right here, why not use it to post RP and artwork and everything else the "community" needs to say/discuss about it? It's paid already by our accounts, and every Moon Guard player is already given access to it + it is moderated by impartial people, not by anyone's friends.

Finally, I'll neither work against, nor for your effort, but I honestly wish you luck!
Edited by Regnatia on 4/12/2012 11:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/12/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Banshih
Other communities can do this, there is no real reason why we can't.

Other communities are not us. We are one of the largest, if not the largest, RP community on WoW. We have varying opinions, and over hundreds of different ideas and opinions.

04/12/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Anorthel
Look, I'm sorry but how bad can it be that some people will use her website...post stories and art of their characters? how does it harm you? How?

Somehow, it will ultimately affect us. There will be some guilds who will use it and other guilds who won't. You have one divide right there. After that, its just a whole bunch of other issues and problems that will ultimately come right back to the Moon Guard forums.

Also:

04/12/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Silaine
Tried this before and although we had some strong support the idea didn't fly. Trust my opinion, from someone who seriously tried to start this, that this server doesn't want it or need it. No matter how cool of an idea it is its just time to let it go.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
04/12/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Anorthel
Look, I'm sorry but how bad can it be that some people will use her website...post stories and art of their characters? how does it harm you? How?

I was not sincere.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Somehow, it will ultimately affect us. There will be some guilds who will use it and other guilds who won't. You have one divide right there. After that, its just a whole bunch of other issues and problems that will ultimately come right back to the Moon Guard forums.

Just like the MRP add ons, some use it some don't.

I've played other games (LotrO) where we had an RP portal...some people used it some didn't. Nobody died (as far as I know)
Reply Quote
04/12/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Anorthel

MRP is not the same as a website.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/12/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Danyle

MRP is not the same as a website.

The website is an extension of MRP, where you can post a diary of your character, his family line, screenshots, art...

But for the last time, don't like the idea, don't use it, as simple as that.

Or I should just stop feeding the trolls i guess... :/
Reply Quote
04/12/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Anorthel
But for the last time, don't like the idea, don't use it, as simple as that.

I won't. I'm simply encouraging you that there's a 95% chance this won't work. But I'll just go with Bradell and
04/12/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Bradell
If you want to give it a try, that's your deal. Just don't say you weren't warned.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Personally, I would love this. It'd be a fun and interesting thing to have if you ask me. :)

Look folks, the worst that can happen is we try it and it doesn't work. Maybe some people will get butthurt, but we'll at least have tried it and life will go on.
/shrug
Edited by Athynas on 4/12/2012 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I wanna give it a try just for the sake of fun, I wondering if this MIGHT work because it gets set up so quickly in a 'build it and they will come' manner, not presented, the details debated beforehand and then before any progress can be made, everyone's starting to argue the semantics and hidden agendas.

That and this is very...loose of a project, it's just a writing space with no obligation or implication, I'm willing to go out on a limb to see people act mature over each other's pages.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
I just got home from work. I have raid tonight. I will being looking at programming and starting that ball rolling.

The programming element and purchasing of the hosting is something I can do solo. I will keep everyone updated as I make progress.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
04/12/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Looped
Not gunna lie, the fact that you went and bought this on a whim shows you are kind of impulsive. Not a good quality for owning the website in my opinion.

Please tell me you're not typing that with a straight face.

Anyway, if the guy wants to give it a try, I'm pretty sure it's not going to do any harm. Of course it's never going to work if no one actually goes ahead and takes the plunge.

get Lito to be a moderator, imo
Reply Quote
The biggest problem is people want to create an over-arching 'portal' / 'timeline' / 'archive' which essentially decrees said RP to be server-canon or whatever. The inherent problem that comes with this, is if a differing guild/person did not agree with it, it'd start endless debates.

Everyone is more than happy to do stuff in their own little worlds, and don't like to be told what is or isn't accepted server-wide. That doesn't mean we can't come out of those worlds and do some cross-server RP, though, but as far as stamping an 'official server' tag on anything, I think that's just more trouble than it's worth.

If you guys wanted to make a place for people to post RP stories or something, great! I hope it works for you. Just don't decree it the 'official portal' or get upset when people don't adhere to it. That's the main issue that everyone seems interested in avoiding.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
04/12/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Mcsars

BUT SHE HAS TOO MUCH POWER

Moon Guard reaction to new ideas in a nutshell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgIrXKpv2gw
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
This isnt going to be a crazy lore time line or anything...just a place for stories, and art.

Server secured - programming up next. DNS propagating.

www.moonguardrp.com is chugging along
Edited by Banshih on 4/12/2012 4:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I like the cut of yer jib, Banshih! It will be nice to have another place people can post stories on at least, since these forums often move so quickly they get buried in a day. And also maybe people who're suffering from burnout or don't have the money for WoW at the moment will have a place to hang out and casually RP even.

04/12/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Mcsars

This would be a good move if she has the time.
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
Lito is trouble.

Anyway, a creative repository is slightly different from the ideas that have been railed against.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
MG Creative Repository......could be the name of it....we def need a good name for this :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Lito is trouble.

Anyway, a creative repository is slightly different from the ideas that have been railed against.

Lito is trouble.

And this idea amuses me. We'll see if it remains a story warehouse.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Lito is trouble.

Lito is trouble.

And this idea amuses me. We'll see if it remains a story warehouse.

I'll probably use it if it ends up being just thought.

I'd like a place other than the MG-Wiki to post my character's info on.

And hey, if that place crashes and burns it'll be no surprise then.
Edited by Lortar on 4/12/2012 5:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Primary forum catagories Im thinking of..and open to suggestions on...The two main areas will be....
*Stories - Alliance / Horde Sections, maybe even personal subforums for people who post a lot of stories.
*Art / Screenshot Section, maybe even personal subforums for people who post a lot of art.

Other lesser areas...
*OOC - Off Topic
*Guild (Recruitment, Ads, LF)
*Events
*LF Rp (Rp ads)
Edited by Banshih on 4/12/2012 5:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]