Guide to Rath Strat AV's (Update Coming Soon)

(Locked)

85 Orc Shaman
Werenolan - To Alliance, "It's a premade"
Alliance PuG - "Shut up troll, now let's zerg IBT so I can get school of hard knocks"

15 minutes later once choke is setup
Werenolan - "Y U NO LISTEN?!?"
QQing commences while I sit there and dance in my red flannel and blue cape

Story of my life these last few months. :)

FOR NOLAN!!! :P
85 Tauren Shaman
05/04/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Paetheas
If a 30 man team can hold off a 35 man team with tower support and their GY 5 secs away, the 35 man team is simply much, much worse and would lose the BG despite any terrain advantages they had.

No tower support because you can be far back so it cant reach you. I have said that almost every post where you guys talk about IBT Tower. Post traps from hunters all over the place so everyone is slowed. Knock backs by the doors so no one can get it. Yeah I"m sure 30 people can hold of 35-40 because 25-30 people are going to try and ride by and not fight. The GY is more than 5 second ride to galv. So honestly IBGY choke is like giving up Galv as much as SHGY choke gives up SHB.
90 Orc Death Knight
Rathstrats own and Rath himself has a soothing voice while on vent.
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/04/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Chéwnok
So honestly IBGY choke is like giving up Galv as much as SHGY choke gives up SHB.

Ok, it took me awhile b/c i actually thought you believed the things you were typing but this jewel proves that you are just trolling now.
5 Tauren Priest
SHGY isn't a choke either.

SHGY in front of the IWB chokepoint, with the SH GY on the HORDE end of the IWB chokepoint. Defending at the IWB choke gives up the Captain, SHB and SHGY, and barely struggling to hold onto IWB (which is on the IWB choke) due to the longer travel time from SPGY.

IBGY is behind the Chokepoint, giving a huge advantage for the defenders. At the most Horde gives up is Galv only, and enough time to reply to Alliance attacking IBT (which is on the choke) with the shorter travel time from IBGY.
Edited by Berewakk on 5/4/2012 7:46 PM PDT
7 Human Mage
Hi guys,
Is this premade running any time soon?
And if so, with Frostwolf Perfection be an achievement you will be aiming for? Its one of my last achievements for Battlemaster and I'd very much like to come
Edited by Drëams on 5/4/2012 8:41 PM PDT
60 Tauren Death Knight
Hey Dreams (or actually I guess I'm addressing your Horde 85 toon) - these run every night for many hours. Can't quite say 24 hours, but every day, typically from evening through very late at night you can join a Rath Strat premade for AV. Read the first page of the thread and follow the instructions for the addon and the Vent channel, and there you go.
85 Troll Druid
And if so, with Frostwolf Perfection be an achievement you will be aiming for?

Our AV's usually start up in the afternoon, and keep going all night until the morning. All you need to do is get in the Vent posted on the main page of this thread, and hop in one of the war channels to see whats going on. To get invited into the group/wait list, look for the person with the email next to their name( should be a Premade Mod/Lead most of the time). The Only requirement is Preform AV enabler.

As far as Frostwolf Perfection goes, we do them quite often. If enough people in the group need the achievement, we do a vote on it. They happen atleast 1-2 times a day. We actually got it on accident yesterday. :P
85 Undead Priest
Hey Rathamus, can you change your cache headers or something on your www.rathamus.com redirect? On my Linux box I always get pointed to this latest version of this thread. But on my Windows/gaming machine I still get pointed to the previous 26-page capped thread and every time I have to manually go to the last page and follow the link to this new thread.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Amen to that... I started doing bg at level 29, and there was no xp so you could do bg's til you got the bg gear before leveling... first thing I noticed was everyone ignores the orange bg chat. It was worse at level 39... at level 48 or 58 it took me 27 AB's to get 30 marks for the talisman.
The point is, seeing bg chat fail 99% of the time, I lost my resolve to follow strategies. Someone posts 'zerg blacksmith, then defend'.... Every time I go to blacksmith, there are 3 or so alliance and we get roflstomped by double digit horde.... so bg chat is worse than useless in pugs, it just gets you killed. I can't wait to do premades.
7 Human Mage
And if so, with Frostwolf Perfection be an achievement you will be aiming for?

Our AV's usually start up in the afternoon, and keep going all night until the morning. All you need to do is get in the Vent posted on the main page of this thread, and hop in one of the war channels to see whats going on. To get invited into the group/wait list, look for the person with the email next to their name( should be a Premade Mod/Lead most of the time). The Only requirement is Preform AV enabler.

As far as Frostwolf Perfection goes, we do them quite often. If enough people in the group need the achievement, we do a vote on it. They happen atleast 1-2 times a day. We actually got it on accident yesterday. :P

Oh ok. Well i must just have some bad luck. Every time ive joined, no one seems to be interested in the achievement :( its my last one too :(
57 Worgen Rogue
05/01/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Helayne
I don't know why you guys are fighting. I see one counter to this strat that would probably work fine, but instead of trying the alliance are getting farmed.

And that counter would be? I'd love to hear it. :)

Here's what I see.

1. Alliance can send two groups (10 players) to Galv. This is not to kill Galv but to delay the Horde.

2. The rest of the groups stay at SHGY and prevent the cap.

3. We then set up a front between SHB and IWB with the intention of halting the Horde advance. Once the front is established, we have one player cap a mine.

4. We concede Balinda because defending her would spread our forces too thin. Meanwhile, we have our stealthies simultaneously hit IBGY and FWGY.

5. Our rezzers then spawn at FWGY and establish a choke at the wall. The majority of the other players then move to reinforce the choke.

6. Once the choke is decisively established. We send out teams to back cap objectives and leave at least two people to defend each objective.

7. We fight a battle of attrition at the wall. We make no further attempt to move ahead. We do not attempt to take out Drek.

Thoughts? Comments?

My own counter strat was removed. Maybe this one will be as well.

imo, the real key counter would be recognizing the Rath premade while in the tunnel. That alone would hopefully wake up enough Alliance players to change their baseline strat. Then, it's about someone taking the lead and coordinating stuff. Regardless of what tactics an Alliance pug uses, the limited ability of /bg communication to react and coordinate defensive responses. But enough Alliance have been farmed in these that if they saw they were starting one, they would just quit the bg, leaving the alliance with a reduced force.

Any counter to the Rath strat would require not getting wiped at Galv with SHGY assaulted - once that's happened to the alliance, they are basically screwed. The only hope would be that 10+ stacked in tp or rushed south and stacked in east or west tower and the SPGY rezzers could recapture SHGY.

Remember that Rath is counting bodies at Galv and assuming the rest have rushed south. And if no one attacks Galv, you have a 30 man strong, buffed, organized group with healers coming to take bunkers. And they have enough with recall trinkets that any small scale rush south would be annihilated, causing those who ran down to have wasted 3 minutes mounted only to have to mount up again.

GYs are the real key to beating a Horde defensive strat. I see Alliance players assault GYs and walk away all the time. I agree that in late game, IBGY is not important, and FWGY and FRH are far more important to the alliance. However, getting a solid cap on IBGY in the early game, assuming other objectives are met as well, is very beneficial for the alliance.

I like that someone is offering counters instead of arguing the strength of choke points.
85 Tauren Shaman
I like that someone is offering counters instead of arguing the strength of choke points[/quote

If you read the threads you would see they were counters to the strat or other strats they can implement. Just every time someone says you can do this strat you have an alliance come in and troll and complain AV isn't fair. It is to the point like it is talking to teenagers who know all and understand the world. There are several counters on here which we have seen other premades use and work. Apparently though we are all retarded and don't know what we are talking about which killed the thread and the fun. People would rather be insulting, trolls or be internet tough guys.

To the less extent (not an insult) you have people come in who probably read page 11 and 12 and didn't bother to read pages 1-10. I mean honestly the only person who is fun to talk to on her because they are mature enough is Helayne. Most of the time it is the same players going back few months that keep trolling in these threads bringing nothing to light but "AV is unfair" and we are "noobs" (still trying to find out if that is an insult, sounds like something a elementary school kid would say).

[quote="48871290716"]Any counter to the Rath strat would require not getting wiped at Galv with SHGY assaulted - once that's happened to the alliance, they are basically screwed. The only hope would be that 10+ stacked in tp or rushed south and stacked in east or west tower and the SPGY rezzers could recapture SHGY

Remember you don't defeat something that is heavily defended by throwing more offense at it. You may be able to take some towers with this and we have seen something like this before. What happens we end up turtleing in the base. You will get 2-3 towers down, but now you have to get in the base with 40 people sitting in it. Makes a 2-3 hour game. To beat a defensive group you yourself want to be defensive or do a play by play. Take one thing at a time staying together.

GY matter to a certain extent. If horde or alliance want to turtle in the base GY are not that important as trying to ninja a tower or taking a mine then trying to kill 1 person at a time.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/08/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Thugwart
sigh...it amazes me how much you guys live in fairy tale land...

Ummm last time I checked this is a video game
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/08/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Thugwart

Ummm last time I checked this is a video game

It is. Maybe you should check again just to be sure though...

Its not me that has the issue that requires checking.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/08/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Thugwart
You sure? After all you randomly made the statement...

Yes, I'm sure.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]