WSG Weekend & You

90 Human Paladin
derpa derpa 9 horde rogue roll trololol rolls a derpa.
Reply Quote
81 Human Death Knight
04/14/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Côtaminated
Pretty much this, if you were raiding heroic Deathwing and pushing for server first, would you be having a laugh, or would you be extremely focused and determined to down it?

I wouldn't be heroic raiding unless I was having fun. I like to be successful and I like to have fun in everything I do. Being competitive and wanted to have fun are natural. Everything I do includes both, not one or the other.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
Ive had a lot of bad horde groups this morning, having the same problem diferent group. u know, the usual "kill the healers first!". A lot of strats are given at the start of the match but no1 even bother making the macro for targeting enemy healers. I miss the days where horde would instantly attack any toon that stand in 1 place hands up in the air casting flash heals/refresh/renew. u know, the players that switch to alliance for human racial. i also miss the good horde Frost mages, they spam CCs like crazy, even w/o heals we can still pawn em alliance. I rarely see it now, they just want kills & switch to fire. I miss the days where whenever i yell "attack <target name> its the healer" ull see like 3 people switch to her/him & drop her/him quick. then decimate the rest of their group. where are you guys? come back to horde! pls! its hard to play with scrubs who cant even make macros. or pay attention to their surroundings.
Reply Quote
81 Human Death Knight
Okay, I have to get to work. The bottom line is this. You are playing a multiplayer game and when you queue for Battlegrounds, you are queuing to play a competitive aspect of the game. You are signing up to play with 9 or so other people who are investing as much time into the match as you. As a human being you should respect that the majority of players queuing for battlegrounds want to win. Regardless of why they want to win, they want to win.

It's just plain rude to waste their time. Remember its a multiplayer game. Not a Côtaminated game.
Reply Quote
61 Undead Death Knight
I just lost 5 in a row on horde. I'm going to do something else, this is the worst pvp I've seen since wotlk was new.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
The difference is that I play the objective in rateds, because again, those games mean something.

And that's why randoms do mean something to others. To earn gear so they can arena or get into RBGs. It takes longer to earn the currency with a losing streak.

I don't mind losing, it's just a main aspect to deal with when gaming, it's sheer frustration when your team doesn't take the initiative to try.

CoD is what comes to mind as the most current and popular FPS at the moment

This isn't CoD...

Comparing a FPS to an MMO is just idiotic. Both share certain similarities, but I find in Wow that it takes more than a fast trigger finger, well placed grenades etc. to show a great deal of gameplay and skill.
Edited by Kirama on 4/14/2012 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
04/13/2012 02:58 AMPosted by Singlesworn
Don't need a mod for that, enabling target of target works just as well :)

Whatever works. Always a bit disheartening to lose a cap because the FC isn't around the flag stand as the EFC's health is dropping like a stone.
You also have the usual: "Horde just zerged the fr, gotta gtfo\ EFC was alone, so he's dead \ FC has been forced out of the base, dieing in the process"

It happens
Reply Quote
04/14/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Côtaminated
It's just plain rude to waste their time. Remember its a multiplayer game. Not a Côtaminated game.
If they want to win they can make a premade. Who says they aren't wasting my time?

04/14/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Darleia
As a human being you should respect that the majority of players queuing for battlegrounds want to win
The internet affect: Don't know them, don't want to know them, don't care about them.

Effect you buffon
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
04/14/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Côtaminated
Comparing a FPS to an MMO is just idiotic.
Don't blame me, blame the person that posted it.

To clarify I was NOT comparing and FPS to an MMO. All I was suggesting is that Blizzard introduce some kind of death match style BG. I used most multi player FPSs as an example to clarify what I meant by the death match BG.

04/14/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Côtaminated
You can be the best random PvPer in the world, however, when compared to say, rated BG players, you're trash.

Dumbest assumption you have made yet. I am starting to think you're just trolling for the lulz.

04/14/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Côtaminated
Source? I have as much of a chance of getting 2,200 gear as anyone else.

Yeah you're going to go far with that triple deeps setup.

At the end of the day, if you can't complete objectives in random battlegrounds, what makes you think you're going to be successful in Rated BGs? No one is going to take a player who's only notable achievements are racking up KBs and tunneling down mid field players.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Is fun farming Horde in their gy over and over without remorse
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
04/14/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Côtaminated
At the end of the day, if you can't complete objectives in random battlegrounds, what makes you think you're going to be successful in Rated BGs? No one is going to take a player who's only notable achievements are racking up KBs and tunneling down mid field players.
Random =/= rated. Do you honestly believe that I run around in rated in mid? Rated games mean something, I go for the objectives in rated.

Judging from the attitude you expressed at people that aim to earn a win in a bg, yes. You stated yourself winning is that not much of a big deal to you, but then later on admitted you take arenas/RBGs seriously.

As for the random 'PvPer is trash' remark, I'm as casual as they come, yet I still experienced a bit of RBGs. Sadly with my horrid hours at work, helping out family in the area, I can't secure a permanent spot for myself, so people have to find replacements. I can't complain, it's just life for me.

I don't just take my geared a*s in randoms just to have fun and play out the objective, I also use the currency to buy mats. It saves up on a lot of gold for enchants whenever I'm capping a new toon.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
04/14/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Côtaminated
Do you honestly believe that I run around in rated in mid? Rated games mean something, I go for the objectives in rated.

If I am basing it on your RBG experience, yes, yes I do.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
04/14/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Skwish
Good thing I don't RBG on Cota. Unholy is terrible for RBGs.
So you have experienced a great deal of RBGs. Good, then you should have an understanding of why people like to be competitive. Either hardcore or casual.
04/14/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Thesamel
WHY ISNT THE FLAG CAP BUG FIXED YET?????????

MAYBE BECAUSE YOU'RE TYPING IN CAPS!!! OMG WHY I AM I TYPING IN CAPS?!!! YOU HAZ INFECTEZ MEH!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]