Biased to the Horde - Why It's Important

90 Tauren Druid
04/13/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Southrnrebel
I see no problem with what Zarhym said, I think he was too soft on you guys personally.

He has to be or he has a chance to get "Tseric'd"

This horde favouritism garbage really needs to stop.
Edited by Sprick on 4/13/2012 12:43 PM PDT
85 Orc Warlock

2. You attack a HORDE city in the final raid... and it's Horde favoritism. What a joke.

The Horde attacks the Horde city too. This won't be the Alliance taking a stab at the Horde, it will be the Alliance helping the Horde to get their capital city back.
And why then you can you not hang it over the Hordes head from here to kingdom come?

Kind of like the Americans do for the countries of Europe.

"What was that Horde? Well at least we didnt need help to take back our darn city!!"
Edited by Bailthon on 4/13/2012 12:40 PM PDT
85 Draenei Shaman
04/13/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Bailthon
And why then you can you not hang it over the Hordes head from here to kingdom come?

Oh, for... Look, I keep seeing these kinds of responses, and I am literally amazed at them. We can't do anything unless Blizzard writes the script to allow it, and develops the game in a way that supports the script's delivery in a meaningful way.
90 Human Warrior
04/13/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Renylis
Yea, I'm just kinda done empathizing with this uber-skeptical, "we've been burned before" type of response to anything regarding faction content and story

DONE emphatizing?

Wait. When did Blizzard ever start?

Reply to Zarhym's post, not thread OP.

You had your two cents. Now I'm having Mine Zarhym. Okay, I've read through this and other forums and yes... Alliances players do have a legitimate gripe and Blizzard Forum Mods saying they are done dealing with Alliance issues... how amusing. Blizzard... you never started so spare us your mindless drivel about how the story will pan out... give us more then the scraps from your table...

Had one said that anywhere else, your !@# would have been in the office getting a serious attitude adjustement if not getting your $%^ canned. banning Alliances players for venting about their issues is something I expect from Blizzard as they are Horde Biased.

At Blizzcon. Everyone screams "FOR THE HORDE" the Alliance however has no warcry to call their own because Blizzard is Horde biased, Metzen has even gone on record as saying "my heart lies with the horde"

The Highpoint for WoW subs was in Wrath at about 12 million, since then its crumbled to about nine milion with this failed expansion called Cataclysm, did Blixzard learn the leassion the subs tried to teach them? No. I'd say they failed patheticly.

The storytelling for the Alliance side is lackluster and boring, each zone is written almost at random, by the time you are done at level 60 and are moving into outland, I want to almost gouge my eyeballs out. its why I don't level anything anymore, the horde in this expansion were frpont and center for all of it, doing all sorts of questionable millitary tactics all over the place and to tell us that now we are going to Loose Theramore and to not give us anything to really show for it.

I want more then just a badly written spoiler for a novel that I know will be another Alliance bashing themed expansion so Blizzard... you CAN do better then this... I know you can do better then the drivel you've been feeding us up to this point.

Blizzard screwed up with Garrosh and now they want to make him the crazy man, the bad
guiy for this expansion... they did that only to piss off the horde who blizzard has been buttering up for the last few expansions.

Blizzard... do NOT even think of telling me that Wrath was alliance-centered as I have read the other forums and I have seen your Public Relations people say that, Again... I know better... as I play both factions... and the Horde got the lions share of lore... but then thats okay considering their entire story has been written and re-written time and time again.

We're Alliance.. we're used to being abused by you.....I could go on... but I think my point is made so I'm going to end it here...
92 Human Hunter

Kind of like the Americans do for the countries of Europe.

"What was that Horde? Well at least we didnt need help to take back our darn city!!"

The problem is that the main argument people are using for why MoP gets better is "Oh you get to attack their capital city!"

But that argument is flawed at its core because at the time we attack it, it's no longer their capital city.

We're going to be helping the Horde take back their capital city and reinstate Thrall. This is once again moving the Horde storyline forward FAR more than the Alliance's.
90 Human Death Knight
04/13/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Arberus
and talks about wanting to raze Stormwind in the Elemental Bonds questline.

If you pay attention to that quest, that is the pure, raw fury in his spirit. Can you honestly say that someone has never done something to you that pissed you off so much that you thought "I'm going to kill you"? You have that thought, but are you ever, in a million years, going to actually do it? No. It's the same here; that was The essence of Thrall's rage talking, not the Thrall that makes decisions and uses common sense and logic.
71 Blood Elf Priest
Ok, I'm getting really sick of these threads.

1. We now NOTHING about the Ally side of Theramore
2. You attack a HORDE city in the final raid... and it's Horde favoritism. What a joke.
3. THERE IS NO FAVORITISM, Get it through your head already. Pre-Cata, Ally had it pretty good, and even had 2 parts of WoW where they were slightly more well done than Horde (Classic, Wrath). Just because there was ONE bad expansion doesn't mean there's favoritism.

Look, I understand why Alliance are upset, but all these threads and the screaming and crying only continues to further the stereotype that Alliance players are childish and complain-y. Here's my response to another thread...

This is what has happened:

Ally: OMG BLIZZ GIVE US AN ANSWER
Blizz: Alliance will strike back in MoP
Ally: OMG BLIZZ, WHY SHOULD WE TRUST YOU
Blizz: We have big plans for Alliance in MoP
Ally: OMG BLIZZ, GIVE US A BETTER ANSWER
Blizz: We've already given you an answer...
Ally: OMG BLIZZ, WHY SHOULD WE TRUST YOU
*rinse and repeat, over and over again

*Now do you see why people are getting frustrated by these kinds of threads?

I agree with Zarhym. This is getting annoying and stupid.

The only reason why you agree with him, is because you're a part of the 99%, or the percent that gets their story actually developed. Meanwhile the Alliance have literally, less than nothing.
92 Human Hunter

The only reason why you agree with him, is because you're a part of the 99%, or the percent that gets their story actually developed. Meanwhile the Alliance have literally, less than nothing.

Making allusions to a real life political movement and exaggerating what the Alliance has is going to do nothing to help the point that some people are trying to make here.
100 Draenei Paladin
You know things are really starting to degenerate when a employee of a company whose products you enjoy tells you that your views and feelings about whats happening with the product are just lies and exaggerations.

I'm so terribly sorry they're burnt out on empathizing with half their customer base, it must be simply terrible for them.
100 Dwarf Hunter
04/13/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Wizzler
I'm with the Blue on this. Stop friggin' whining. Alliance storyline is fine.
85 Orc Warlock
04/13/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Tereya
lol really, youre going to pull that one.
92 Human Hunter
I'm not sure why people even waste their breath on statements like "Stop whining, the Alliance story is fine."

Do they think the people that are making these arguments are going to see that and say "OH OKAY, GUESS I'LL STOP NOW."?

It's a brainless, empty declaration.
90 Human Death Knight
While its true everyone complaining about horde favoritism is overkill at the moment, you can't really deny for THIS expansion its been true.

While the horde have been gaining more and more territory and becoming stronger, the alliance zones were getting destroyed.

While orgrimmar became stronger this expansion, stormwind got smashed up.
While the horde slaughter the alliance troops in wpl and we lose one of the camps, the alliance attack and take over stornard during swap of sorrows, but then it stays intact.

But going so far as to make hundreds of threads complaining about it is far to much, since alliance used to have plenty of fun in the sun in previous expansions.

Blizzard is just looking for that sweet spot of balance they've just yet to find

Also we totally stuck the horde with blood elves, so they definitely deserve to get some revenge on us for that cruel move
Edited by Keldrack on 4/13/2012 1:16 PM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
04/13/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Tereya
Meanwhile the Alliance have literally, less than nothing.

You honestly can't see how this kind of utterly moronic, baseless rhetoric is completely useless to Blizzard and serves to do nothing but make you look like a raving crybaby to everyone that doesn't already share your bias?

You think you have a legitimate complaint? Fine. Voice it reasonably, civilly, and support your claims like a damn adult. Don't run around screaming about how Mommy Blizzard loves Billy more than you and then throw an even bigger tantrum when you get called out for acting like children.
90 Night Elf Druid
04/13/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Trynaklei
Thrall wasn't Horde during Cataclysm.

Then why did his totems in Hour of Twilight have the Horde logo? If anything it should have been the Earthern Ring or Shammy symbol.
Alliance hasn't gotten any decent lore since....? Its been mainly horde. ANd don't say WotLK was alliance. It was mostly balanced considering the Scourge is a neutral faction. But, you do have a race in the horde based on the Lich King's actions.
In Cata the main focus was Thrall being the savior of all of Azeroth.
Orgimmar gets a total revamp, SW gets a new castle entrance and a busted up area where the park was.
Allaince lost a city in Gilneas (yes I know they weren't alliance but still it went to the Forsaken). Now losing Theramore in MoP.
We also lost some of Ashenvale, Ashenville, (i forgot how to spell it) =x.
The only major thing to happen was the Iron Forge leader was turned to stone.
We even meet Vol'jin in the troll heroic.
Other than that its been a ZZZZzzzZZZ fest for alliance.
Horde leaders are much more active and have a better story. Is it to much to ask Velen do something?
And to hear a blue basically say " you're whining and we're going to ignore you now ", is discouraging.
But that is in the past//present. I'm looking forward to MoP and hope we get the spotlight more. Maybe a Night Elf city remake or addition.
90 Human Warrior
04/13/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Sprick
This horde favouritism garbage really needs to stop.

This would be nice. Now if only Blizzard would stop favoring them.

Wait, you did mean Blizzard right? No you're a hordie. Of course you didn't.
Edited by Renylis on 4/13/2012 1:49 PM PDT
90 Human Death Knight
04/13/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Aureil
Then why did his totems in Hour of Twilight have the Horde logo? If anything it should have been the Earthern Ring or Shammy symbol.

Because that's what Orc totems look like. The code for Wow probably says {if race = Orc and class = Shaman then totem model = X}. Alternatively, they could have a specific totem model for Thrall and didn't see the point in changing it for this expansion (is he supposed to have gone to Totems R Us and get a new set when he stops being Warchief?). I haven't played an Orc shaman before, so I don't know if his totem models are generic of Orcs or not.
90 Troll Shaman
I see no bias in his comment... I do however in yours.
10 Troll Warlock
04/13/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Vode
because he feels their views are 'forced'.

Because when you moderate a community where half it responds to anything you do with "YOU HATE US!" it gets to feel forced. Like the response has become a meme. Like Blizzard could make the Horde hell to play by removing zones, cities, quests, kill off all their faction leaders, transfer some of the races to the Alliance.. even make entire dungeons and raids Alliance only and the response would still be "Blizzard favors the Horde!"
100 Troll Rogue
I agree completely Blizzard is Horde biased and actually (Can't believe I am saying this) can sympathize (sp?) with the Alliance in this case. However @ the Alliance, as long as Metzen is the lead story developer, expect this issue to continue, it's sad but it's the truth.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]