Team Cupcake has left the building...

85 Orc Shaman
This is Kegg/Shocktart/Bob however most folks remember me.

As the title says we have left Terenas. There will be a few folks hanging around, alts will still be in the guild, but it will be reverted to level 1 when the xfer is final. Most of us have been on Bloodscalp our new server (faction) for about a week now. Our new guild name is Unrivaled if anyone wants to come shoot the breeze please feel free.

It was a great run on Terenas and this move was just somthing we have talked about for awhile now, but did rather quickly. We aren't moving all our characters, but we won't be active on Terenas anymore.

There's some folks I'd personally like to thank for their contributions to TCC over the years.

Bacura, Bobblehead, Cascius, Dawnskye, Greyshift, Negami, Pettra, Pharune, Reposted, Silvaraa, Temajin, Webin, and Eternal Keggers and Offtime guilds.

You all helped make TCC what is was and is. Thanks for all the memories it was a blast raiding, playing, and pvping with you all. Take care and best wishes to you.
Edited by Brokkr on 4/13/2012 11:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Good luck over there guys, hope the greener pastures come back a bit for you all.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Have fun bob, and learn to spell my name :P
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Rogue
bob, i still cant pronounce your priest or even spell it...
Reply Quote
I would say 'do not let the door hit you on the way out'. But you took the door, the kitchen sink, heck you took everything. The logical thing to do since your 'team' is addicted to gaming would have been to level your guild before the new expansion hit.

It was your choice to flee from the 146th progressed server to the 197th progressed server in the US. I am still trying to sort that one out in my head. Many in your new guild were not part of leveling Team Cupcake to level 25. But sadly the attitude of you and your cronies drove many of those players from the game. I know it drove me away, I got to the point where I could not stand the constant bickering.

Anyway I would say no bitter g%@!#s but that would be a lie. I hope that you guys fall flat on your face on your new server.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Really lol,

You logged in once a month IF that in the last 6 months. Except to do your LFR. Also don't talk about what these people did to level the guild. They are the ones that stuck out t11 when the guild was dismal at best(under your leadership I might add). They are the ones that didn't up and quit and stuck it out. They are the ones while I was on vacation that the officers yourself included shat all over and said find your own group.

Well we did and we found a server we enjoy. We are 5/8 heroic and have had a great time getting there.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Wowwie Nefee, didnt really see that coming. I understand parts of that logic and how you could have that mindset about it all, but honestly many of the "other" members that helped level TCC to where it is arent really around anymore so I'm confused by the strong feelings on it. Myself being a newer member of about a year and half now, I'm certainly not going to claim that I did so much to put the guild where it is, but I also didnt pass judgement on the many old school members that dropped raiding and the guild like a bad habit for real life things or other games, or whatever, so I find it a bit hypocritical hearing this kinda stuff coming from you. The players that helped the guild continue and reach progression levels and skill levels it hadnt seen in years over this expansion are the ones still playing, so it stands to reason the GM in charge and those players are going to dictate the direction of the guild in ALL ways, not just the ones allowed by veterans that log monthly or not at all.

Honestly I think it would be completely different if several of the members from the BC or LK days were still actively around or even mentioned being more active when GM was passed to Bob to begin with, but that wasnt stated. When GM is passed, I take that to mean someone is washing their hands of the decisions and responsibilities that come with that, so while I can respect your sadness or confusion or even anger on a level over this decision, I find it a bit low and offensive to attack players who've done nothing but try to keep a dying guild going and still have some progression fun, even down to your phrasing us as "addicted gamers". Seriously homie, pot meet kettle. I'm sorry you WERENT able to balance your video games and family, and perhaps some that still play here dont do that well, but who are you to judge them for that when you dont even know them? I've always respected you from what I know of you, and this near-sighted forum post of yours isnt going to change that, but I think you need a little more reflection on the subject in my opinion.
Edited by Bulvar on 4/21/2012 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I acknowledge that I failed at being the GM. If you remember I never asked for it. It was given to me by the previous GM in a fit of rage. Rage which I might add was directed at you. I failed many people and lost several people I was friends with. I still feel horrible for what I did to Lily and Colwynn. I deferred to your judgement too often in determining who to bring along. This caused much stress and made several people leave. I think the biggest failure I had was holding my tongue too often. I should have probably kicked you from the guild due to the divisiveness you caused.

Besides yourself and Abernathi and maybe Wells none of the people in your guild leveled Team Cupcake. Those that leveled it left the guild due to mainly being pissed at you. That is why I think what you did was wrong. You guys are crack heads towards this game and would have leveled another guild to 25 within no time.

Yes I no longer play anymore. This game was not fun anymore due to your constant complaining about everything. I only found about the guild being stolen and moved to another server when I was contacted by someone whom you left behind. I will leave it to you to riddle that one out.

Grats on being 5/8 herioc in nerfed content. I have watched your progress and you barely defeated any Firelands hard modes before the nerf, you guys failed miserably at t11 hardmodes due to Blizzard not nerfing it and making it easier for you. But if that makes you sleep any better at night then I guess that is what you need to do.

Oh well I said what I have wanted to say for a very long time. I feel better now and will say ciao.
Edited by Nefee on 4/20/2012 3:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Might wanna get off that soap box before if falls through with you. Let's line this one out.

We were raiding 25 man I went to Florida for two weeks and come back to a plethora of BS. While I was gone the "officers" decided that the other 15 weren't hardcore enough and said hey find your own way this is our ten man and you can do whatever we don't care.

These same people were the ones constantly , losing agro, pulling agro, dying to the worst things imagnable and generally sucking it up in the "elite group". So the divisness you created. You almost single handley ran colwynn and lily out of the game because they weren't "pro" and you weren't up to the task of admitting it to them. Instead you and the other officers went behind their back and ran them out.

You can scoff at our progress all you want I honestly could careless. We have kiled bosses what less than 5% of the wow population will never see. I'm good with that.

O and btw us crackheads that are always in game always raiding, raid 6 hours a week. You won't find many people raiding those hours 5/8 nerfed or not.

Next time you want to complain man up and be a GM or keep your mouth shut when you pass the buck.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm just going to bypass most of that because I cant tell if you're addressing my post or just speaking to bob, but your words just sound like those of a really bitter person Nef. Some of the people that welcomed you back in Firelands even to tank some when you felt peachy enough to play, you're pretty much calling them out as baddies when they've done nothing to you, and done nothing but followed where the guild was moved to. And nerfed content or not, you can argue that no progress has been made but I just think thats asinine. I highly doubt you could point any evidence to me that you have done or would have done any better, so I just dont understand the personal attacks. It makes you look juvenile and blatantly refutes any evidence that your off living "real life" like a grown adult really does. And honestly, I'd appreciate if you could atleast have the decency to not refer to the friends I personally have here as crackheads because they commit some time to the game just as you had/have for years, and they live fully functional lives with happy marriages (myself) and many of them in higher education facilities. Most of them or none of them have children such as you, so perhaps thats why they can balance it without epitomizing the WoW junkies you're classifying us all as. If you have a problem with Bob, seriously Robert, take it up with him in an email or a pm, flaming it all out here just really makes you look bad, you're better than that.

I'm not asking you to "pull for us" or be happy about things, but to act like you have any reason to be this pissed off because a guild thats 99% inactive OUTSIDE of the 10 man group raiding is just plain stupid man. And I'm sure I know who gave you a call distressed about this. I'm sure its the 1 out of probably 4 people that log in at ALL anymore that dont raid, and at the end of the day sometimes you just have to get over it. No one was left behind, anyone that belonged to this guild and had any part in building it was and still is offered an open spot here, and we've even gone as far as to help to pay for server transfers for anyone interested in raiding again, but I'm sure the entire situation wasnt explained to you, so thats pretty much why I dont put alot of stock into the 1-sided post. I'm glad you feel better about blowing stuff out, obviously things you should have done months maybe even years ago, but dont bring others down because you failed to be a good leader back then, be a good leader now and set a better example than that. Take care
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Factum est

... it is done.

I do wish the departed members good luck, good hunting, and good wishes. I've known "Bob" a long time and this move was truly for the best. After all ... it's a game, it's a hobby, and it's how you choose to spend your $14.99/mo. I've come and gone on more than one occasion. I've seen this guild do a great many things across three major expansions. Hell, most of use raided together in one form or another during vanilla under a different banner.

Without wading through too much more nostalgia, it is with pleasure and sadness that the final chapter of TCC is written. Team Cupcake, as originally founded by Bob, Hollie, Nordicmonkey and other, is no more.

The last act of the last GM ... :)

Factum est

- Cas
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Regardless of reasons it's always sad seeing long time Terenas faces leaving for other pastures.
Reply Quote
I think the replies to my thread illustrated the problem I had. It was always a tag team when criticism was brought up by anyone, this of course was after Wells was an officer after I returned.

And Bob to say we were raiding 25 man when you left is a little over the top. We had pugged a few 25 man runs, even killed the big worm once. But as a guild we never ran a guild only 25 man run.

And it was not a '2 week vacation to florida'. You were gone for one month and stated that it was 'pay my bills or my internet'. You can deny that all you want but that is the truth that you told us all when you came back. And you were welcomed back with open arms, brought on raids immediately. I know I got complaints from many when this happened but you were one of the better players and that is what we needed to kill the pre-nerf t11 bosses. Unfortunately we did not progress very far as we had other issues.

I am mostly a nice person that tries to work within a given team, hence the reason that the raid team did not get a huge work over. I am also a loyal person which is why I tried to lead for a while but when it was clear I could get the mission done I passed GM and took a months long break. It is clear to me now that the reason I failed was I did not have that 'killer' mentality that was needed. To put the entire Lily and Colwynn thing on me is just a deflection on your part. It was my final call whether or not to bring one or the other along but you are just as culpable as any of the other officers at the time, me, you, Reiser, Breall and Bacura.

If we had the numbers for 25 I suppose the situation would have turned out completely different. We made a huge mistake trying to focus on 10 man raiding at the start of cata.

Finally Wells calling me out like you are for posting this in a public forum under a toon that identified me as me is kinda odd. If I had wanted to maintain anonymity I would have done so under some level one toon. But I chose to post as someone known to you for transparecy purposes. I am not sure my feelings on you to be honest. In my book you were always a one trick pony. I can remember a Firelands alt run when you made an impassioned speech telling people playing different class alts to step it up. You even stated that you were having to relearn the fights due to you playing your alt. An alt which was another ret pally toon albeit with less gear. I tried to explain to you at the time that the only difference you had was maybe a trinket use effect or lower damage numbers, hardly a huge learning curve on your part. Your response to me kinda soured my view towards you.

The only reason I chose to post was to be a voice for the 3 members of the guild that were left behind and expressed not being happy about it(that and signing up for that annual pass). But I guess you guys have wiped your hands of them by this point so I am sure you will have no issues with your conscience.

I am sorry that I had to say what I said but you guys have always shouted down those that disagreed with you in the past in vent. At least in this forum one's voice can be heard over your shouting.

Cheers!!

I
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I've read through my posts and am failing to see where I called you out or expressed anything about your anonymity when posting, unless you're referring to me not posting under "wells". I honestly didnt think about it, its a forum name, its updated to match my in-game name, so my apologies if you felt I was hiding, thats almost laughable. I've only addressed the personal shots your taking at people you hardly know and labeling them as such. Further proven by you referring to me as a "one trick pony" because I had been playing WoW for a whopping 2 months when davazoid brought me into TCC, found I liked playing a ret paladin, and stayed that way. Heaven forbid I dont level other classes and enjoy the one I play. Also, an impassioned speech I gave in a FL alt run, by the way I can only recall 1 or 2 of those happening before they blew up, would have been related to people knowing the fights and atleast knowing their class. I cant recall blowing up on people or just being malicious towards someone, and if they took constructive criticism that way, I was never informed. I dont operate that way, and I'm sorry it put a sour taste in your mouth. I also fail to see the mentioning of this being tag-teamed business because I happened to read the forum post bob made and saw your reply and felt convicted to post my take on things. I never said in any of my posts that things were handled the best way possible in moving servers, or when the level 25 spot was moved over, nor that I 100% agreed with how Bob has handled everything. Also, you really were hardly ever on or around for any duration where I was considered an officer, and if I gave my opinion and that bothered you, I'm not sure what to tell you.

I also dont recall ever trying to stifle anyones opinions, criticisms, or disagreements both in-game or on vent, so I'm sorry you felt you had to resort to a forum post to air your dirty laundry. This entire thread can be nuked in 2 seconds if stifling your voice or preventing negative feedback was a concern or part of the agenda. I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and I think you have more than earned a voice to chime in with, my only points were addressing the fact your posts are littered with cheap shots that arent warranted. You've obviously got some issues with Bob on some levels, many of which may even be relevant and deserved, and perhaps you came to dislike me because of my friendship with him or siding with him certain issues, but if I ever agreed with anything, it was of my own volition, that simply how I saw things, and I've never considered myself to be a selfish or unkind person. I'll exit with Cas's and your final post, wish you all the best of luck in life and games and hope to still see many of you around.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
"The needs of the FEW outweigh the needs of the many". I for one have a bitter taste about this. If you weren't happy with the server man up and find a new guild somewhere else and not stab those in the back that took TCC from 1 to 25. I'm not just saying this I did it. Davazoid isn't my main and think I did the right thing. I choose to keep Dava on the server because of friends and leveled another toon to raid with.

I’m afraid I agree with Nefee. What I heard was you left to find a server with better progression and better chances to find better PUGs when your FEW couldn’t fill a raid. Why you go to another server with less progression makes ZERO since.

Wells you’re a RLF but this is wrong and you know it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I never said it was handled right, or handled the best possible way. Theres not one time in any conversation where I've said that. However, I also disagree about the needs of the few/many. I dont see where the "many" are/were that have been put out by this. There are a few individuals put out by the whole process, understandably so, but to act like anything malicious was done or with that intention is just not true. I believe the apologies that were/are in order have or should have been made, but whats done is done, you cant go back. At the end of the day we're either friends or we're not and we move on. This isnt how I drew it up, isnt what I had in mind, but it IS what I have to work with now.

I'm not taking anything away from you or anyone that contributed to TCC along the way, I'm just asking people to stop acting like so many people were put out by this when they werent, and stop acting like I did something to hurt or screw someone. You didnt hear anything from me when you drug me into this game, drug me into this guild, got me into raiding with you only to drop raiding with TCC, faction change and server change to durotar to raid with Des and leave me behind. I knew 2 or 3 people at best in this place and was stuck in a raid group without my safety net (you), but I knew you did what you did because it worked better for you for your raiding and lifestyle and what you were looking for and you're a friend, so I supported it. In turn I made some good friends and have really enjoyed learng and playing this game that I never would have given a second thought to play if it werent for you. All I'm asking is you to do the same, regardless of the details.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Rogue
This is the level where TCC mattered..85 drama/raiding/caring? lol??? PS kawa and temajin destroyed tcc you're getting it all wrong
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I didn't say you did wrong, I said THIS is wrong. (As in how it was handled - Guild transfer then give to someone that disbands it). I really don't blame you Wells. I blame others. Yes I swapped mains because it meant going from 4 nights +/- 4 hours a night to a casual 2 nights 3 hours to clear more content (6/8H). The problem is IF it was handle right TCC could have been left intact and the handful of raiders could've had a spot in another guild.

Done...
Edited by Davazoid on 4/21/2012 11:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Understood Dave, and I agree on some points.

I personally like bobbles answer. I dont understand the first half of the post but I'd feel better blaming people that were here before I existed for destroying TCC, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/21/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Bobblehêad
This is the level where TCC mattered..85 drama/raiding/caring? lol??? PS kawa and temajin destroyed tcc you're getting it all wrong

This quote made my day Bobble, thank you.

Dava do you have more paladins than me now?
Edited by Jameson on 4/22/2012 5:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]