Archeage (Korean MMORPG)

43 Worgen Hunter
04/16/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Kalganized
Been following up with Archeage pretty heavily and this is really the first I've ever heard of any one of those problems. Even if it were true though, the game is in early testing phases. If a guild has gotten a good reputation at providing feedback and constructive support to a design team I don't see how doing favors for them would really be a big deal in the test phase of the game. However, on the other hand, its a whole different ball park come release. People forget though that Beta in Korea means 'testing and development'. Here, in the US, the general interpretation is "DEMO AND MARKETING!". Anyway, I've never heard of any of those problems until now. If you have any real material though and links I'd be more than happy to catch up on 'em.

I've got links to supply, but you need to be able to read and understand Korean.

But if you really want to:
http://hogoo.tistory.com/1602
http://www.angelhalowiki.com/r1/wiki.php/%EC%95%84%ED%82%A4%EC%97%90%EC%9D%B4%EC%A7%80%20%ED%8E%B8%ED%8C%8C%20%EC%9A%B4%EC%98%81%20%EB%85%BC%EB%9E%80
http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=1095611&category=16101
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=2626&l=186
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=2645&l=2956
http://bbs2-api.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/do/ruliweb/default/pc/27/read?articleId=689582&objCate1=91&bbsId=G003&itemId=7&sortKey=depth&pageIndex=10

etc. etc.

From what I could understand from the links (which was hella hard to put the pieces together with a broken google-translate), sounds like most the issues were resolved misunderstandings that the Dev team personally apologized to directly to the parties wronged. I'd say this isn't enough relevant info to constitute whether XL Games has a corrupt GM team. There are a whole bunch of things to work through and against in a game in development for a GM team than a game that has been launched. And they worked to mend the issues that were risen because of it.

In any case, thank you for sending me the links. As someone who plans on investing in that game, this kind of stuff is something that interests me to look into and investigate thoroughly. Truth of the matter is though that all organizations have employees who do their jobs better than others. That goes for Blizzard Staff, CCP, and any other big MMO company out there. I'm not too concered about this right now, and don't think it will really impede in the development of Archeage, nor lessen the chances of it coming to the US. XL Games has made it very clear they intend to bring AA to the Western Market. However, I will definitely be following this issue and see if it becomes a pattern. So far though it doesn't look like they have done anything intentionally bad for business that other MMO's haven't been guilty of. Time will tell!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Should not matter too much as a different team will surely be managing foreign versions of ArcheAge, but it does bring worry if a game may not be doing quite... as well in its home country.

We'll see though, I think ArcheAge will end up not being very popular not because the game itself sucks, but because it uses CryEngine 2.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think we can all agree any new game that is somewhat new concept wise at this level is bound to hav initial flaws and errors (takes a breath), but I think that we can mostly agree that many problems will be worked out well before/by release.

So at the time, let's not quarrel over internal conspiracies, instead let's look towards what an Interesting game this will be, and how to recruit a full crew to pilot a galleon and become freelance pirates...?
Reply Quote
43 Worgen Hunter
Should not matter too much as a different team will surely be managing foreign versions of ArcheAge, but it does bring worry if a game may not be doing quite... as well in its home country.

We'll see though, I think ArcheAge will end up not being very popular not because the game itself sucks, but because it uses CryEngine 2.

This is a very valid concern, however they are actually using CryEngine 3 code for graphics, rendering and physics, at least according to the information available out on the net right now. Assuming this holds true to launch, CE3 is a much more stable engine than the prior CryEngine 2 and hopefully will have a big boost in performance all across the board. I remember my switch over from Crysis to Crysis 2 was an immense improvement as far as rendering performance went. On max settings I could run C2 at about 60 FPS, whereas for Crysis at maxed settings was ran at about 40FPS.

I'd imagine the fact that one engine was designed for Direct X 10, and the other 11, also plays a big part in stability considering that the later version of DX was also a much more stable version.

All of this is speculation though at this point. And even considering that they are using the better engine platform of the two, that still does leave a good number of lower-end players !@#$ out of luck unless they have an impressively broad range of Level of Detail settings, which will very likely be the case. Even so, not having been able to participate in the Korean Beta myself, I can't really attest to what sort of powerhouse you'll need to run the game... come to think of it, I really haven't heard mention about it from those who have been apart of the testing. Something good for me to look into.

And to the above poster, this would not be a quarrel my friend. Friendly spirited debate and discussion, as such is usually the purpose of forums. Though I see where you're coming from and agree. Speaking of Pirates and Galleons... *plots his master plan for global Archeage Domination*
Edited by Vanagandr on 4/17/2012 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
[quote]
And to the above poster, this would not be a quarrel my friend. Friendly spirited debate and discussion, as such is usually the purpose of forums. Though I see where you're coming from and agree. Speaking of Pirates and Galleons... *plots his master plan for global Archeage Domination*

While I'm glad to hear that I was indeed mistaken about what I thought was a quarrel, I must unfortunately inform you that I will be the one mastering Archeage; a fantastic empire stretching across the whole of the third continent! Now all I need to do is obtain a new computer that will able to do more than barely play "pong" on minimal settings, and lose any real life social prospects...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
i like the fact you get your mounts realy early in the game and i heard somewhere that you can get jobs and such.i hope that i can like do something like a harvest moon in the game[don't troll me on this pls.]cause its the one game i can make alot of money in.plus if its availible i can like breed new mounts.if you have seen the raiseing from baby mount vido and once big enouph you can ride it.i am exited for this game in other parts to like the warborn look like an intresting race to play as.i just hope that giveing the fact that its a sandbox that i wont have to worry about player looting.if i ever hear about that in the game i am no longer intrested.i don't want to be doing pve stuff and some jerk comes and kills me a takes all my hard earned stuff.i have heard that if a player kills player they go to jail which i found amusing.i am intrested in the guild made stuff such as ships and citys and if the world can be builts by players that there towns can have the guilds symble on them or if you like make something of a kingdom the guild leader is the king/queen[i might be going over board with this though but its a cool thought.]or when being pirates and sailing the seas the guilds symble is on the flags.i have seen a pirate vidio and it had the one peace logo on it.
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Priest
Most people won't play it because it's Korean.

I probably will play it but I know lots of people who despise anything that isn't Western as crap and won't even try it before spouting nonsense.

Korean grindfest!

Too asian looking!

etc etc

I did hear that it had a system where you could set up shop anywhere you wanted and decorate your shop or something along those lines (might've been a tent). You could also build siege machines and ships via crafting so I'm looking forward to that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]