Can orcs grow mustaches?

Topic. All of the orc facial hair styles I've seen have sideburns and beards but there's no 'stache to connect them. Even Thrall, with his new model and a beard that has more polygons in it than the current human model doesn't have a mustache.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I never even seen art depicting Orcs with mustaches, ever. I don't believe they can or you would have seen at least SOME with one.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Probably not. Their faces seem to be loosely based on ape faces, if crossed with humans.

So it would look funny anyways.What really bugs me though is that in the transition from WCIII to WoW, Trolls have lost their ability to grow beards.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Sure why the heck not? I mean really why not. For some reason I remember seeing Thrall with a revers hitler mustache going on.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
04/14/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Drailen
So it would look funny anyways.What really bugs me though is that in the transition from WCIII to WoW, Trolls have lost their ability to grow beards.

But not Vol'jin.

He leads the Trolls to bearded greatness.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
But not Vol'jin.

He leads the Trolls to bearded greatness.

look at his model

he has no beard
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
this is strange, considering Ogres, which have been implied to be distant cousins of orcs.. are capable of growing staches.
Edited by Onimontu on 4/14/2012 7:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Humans are distant cousins of Dwarves and Gnomes but are incapable of growing a proper long beard.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
04/14/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Mordstreich
Humans are distant cousins of Dwarves and Gnomes but are incapable of growing a proper long beard.

Scourge Necromancers are humans and they have the mightiest beards in game.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Somewhere on Wowpedia it said that orcs can't grow facial hair which is why they can only have neckbeards.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Orcs cannot grow mustaches. trolls are actually covered in a very fine fur, which explains why they don't grow facial hair.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
04/14/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Grogknack
Orcs cannot grow mustaches. trolls are actually covered in a very fine fur, which explains why they don't grow facial hair.

Though the algae thing has been stated several times, I can't seem to find a non RPG source on he fur thing. you can clearly see freckles and other spots on the oily skin of a troll.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
truth be told the reason orcs can have beards and many forms of facial hair but no mustaches is because shamanism is a sub sect of the amish. draenor is a subcounty of lancaster PA.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
look at his model

he has no beard

Look at his official art though.

Clearly he's surpassed mortal beard growing abilities by learning how to retract his beard at will.
Edited by Kellick on 4/14/2012 11:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Oh, man, if I could have one of those.

Retractable beard/ /sigh
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
04/14/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Onimontu
Though the algae thing has been stated several times, I can't seem to find a non RPG source on he fur thing. you can clearly see freckles and other spots on the oily skin of a troll.

: The jungle trolls' bodies are covered in short, soft fur that causes the trolls to appear purple or gray. Jungle trolls are also unusually lithe relative to other trolls.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Troll_Compendium/Jungle_Trolls
Reply Quote
04/14/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Grogknack

http://www.wowpedia.org/images/8/82/Vol%27jin_cropped.png
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
04/14/2012 10:56 PMPosted by Juibloc
truth be told the reason orcs can have beards and many forms of facial hair but no mustaches is because shamanism is a sub sect of the amish. draenor is a subcounty of lancaster PA.
Reply Quote
04/15/2012 01:16 AMPosted by Kamaris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
04/14/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Onimontu

Scourge Necromancers are humans and they have the mightiest beards in game.

I beg to differ >:O
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]