Accidental mount bind

83 Night Elf Druid
so i finnaly get my reins of poseidus, i was lucky enough to find it in shimmering expanse and i flip out, i was excited after hunting it for months on my warrior and i happen to stumble across it questing on this druid. i fly home with the intention of selling it. i am going to make a macro for it. i dont know how but i forgot that to link a item you must shift-left click, i right clicked the reins of poseidus accidentally. i facepalmed. now i have a useless 90k gold mount that goes the exact same speed as my aquatic form. id hope that someone can undo that for me. and mayby add in the next patch, when you right click the BOE reins, a messege comes up saying <equiping this item will bind it to you> and you hit ok or cancel. that would make more sense since every other boe item does that.
this is a repost from support forum, people said i should put it in general discussion.
Reply Quote
15 Blood Elf Hunter
Im sure they will restore it if you put a ticket it.

But 90k gold? Ive seen those in for months on 30k. GL with that.
Reply Quote
Have you put in a ticket yet? I'm not sure if they'll help or not, but that's probably your best bet if you haven't already.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
They can remove mounts because when I was mistakenly banned for "ninjaing a mount" they removed the mount and when they further reviewed it and saw that I didn't they gave it back.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/15/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Tianjan
Have you put in a ticket yet? I'm not sure if they'll help or not, but that's probably your best bet if you haven't already.

I've accidentally used the Hyacinth Macaw pet while putting it on the AH. The first GM told me they couldn't do anything, with the achievement for pets and all, but someone told me to give it a second go and I put in a second ticket. *This* one I actually talked to personally, and they helped out.

Might depend on the GM, might depend on actually talking to them. Not sure.
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Druid
ok great, i opened a ticket but i was hopeful that i could get better results with forums. and people said i cant get mount back because its counted towards achievement
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
04/15/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Cervisia
ok great, i opened a ticket but i was hopeful that i could get better results with forums

That's never the case with a vast majority of issues, especially if you come to the General Forums.

Forums are not a way to speed up in game tickets, or resolve ticketed issues.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
To be honest, you might not get it back.

I did the same thing with one of the raptor hatchlings. They refused to return it. Apparently it's because they can't tell if you learned it on purpose or not.
Reply Quote
36 Blood Elf Hunter
Im sure they will restore it if you put a ticket it.

But 90k gold? Ive seen those in for months on 30k. GL with that.

"They" will not restore it. It counts towards an achievement and GMs are prohibited from affecting an ongoing achievement.

The OP posted twice in the customer support forum and had this explained there.
Edited by Alethìa on 4/15/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Druid
They" will not restore it. It counts towards an achievement and GMs are prohibited from affecting an ongoing achievement.

The OP posted twice in the customer support forum and had this explained there

but why not, "they" restored my freinds 1500g one time, doesnt that count towards a achievement?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
They" will not restore it. It counts towards an achievement and GMs are prohibited from affecting an ongoing achievement.

The OP posted twice in the customer support forum and had this explained there

but why not, "they" restored my freinds 1500g one time, doesnt that count towards a achievement?

Nope.

Only looting gold from enemies or receiving it from quests has achievements.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I accidently learned my swift lovebird like 2 weeks ago while trying to put it on the AH. I opened a ticket and the GM took it out of my mount book and sent me a new one in the mail.
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Druid
04/15/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Aldroy
I accidently learned my swift lovebird like 2 weeks ago while trying to put it on the AH. I opened a ticket and the GM took it out of my mount book and sent me a new one in the mail.

wow i keep getting mixed answers. this getting annoying
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

Then you should probably stop making threads about it, like the two you already made in the CS forum, and file a ticket and wait, like everyone has been telling you to do.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/15/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Cervisia

The GMs have the actual power to unlearn and restore the mount, however they are not required to because it was a case of human error, not illicit actions. This is why you see some variance in whether people have gotten mounts/pets restored or not.

It depends on the circumstances of how you learned the pet/mount and whether the GM feels that your mistake can/should be undone or that it was more likely a case of buyer's remorse (or in your case, user's remorse when you saw how much they sell for) so you should deal with the consequences of your actions and learn from them.

The only way to know if you can/will get the mount restore is to put in a ticket. Good luck to you. : )
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Druid
yep, i got denied but im trying a 2nd time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]