Critical Mass ...

10 Human Warrior
Just came back from a break and decided to go Fire for the 1st time ever. So, in the process of buying new gears since all I did before was PvP. I know to keep critical mass up all the time, but last night I did an LFR and quite often I noticed CM would keep falling off the target. It wasn't expiring, just would disappear. If I am the 1st to apply a CM effect, then would a lock or mage who does so after me erase or overwrite my CM? I found it very annoying and I kept finding myself hitting scorch over and over again trying to get the debuff back on.

Some thoughts or greater understanding would be great. I've combed EJ and nothing like that was covered...
Reply Quote
Since those debuffs don't stack you don't need to keep reapplying. Espically since Shadowbolt is in a warlocks main rotation they'll cover it for you. So if someone else in your raid has that debuff don't even worry about casting scorch. Remeber as well pyroblast puts it up too. So if your able to precast pyroblast before the pull you sholdn't ever need scorch. Unless RNG hates you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Or if you have to move.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
So when the critical mass timer that pops up on my screen disappears, 9 times outta 10, it's actually still there, just a lock debuff now is all?
Reply Quote
04/16/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Bawsed
So when the critical mass timer that pops up on my screen disappears, 9 times outta 10, it's actually still there, just a lock debuff now is all?

Correct, and locks have a much easier time keeping the debuff up 100%, so you shouldn't have to worry at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
If you have Combustin Helper or ForteXorcist you can see that it doesn't actually go away at all. Both can track the equivalent buff from other classes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]