[A] 10m 3/8(pre-nerf)H 5hrs/week

The <Venerable Brotherhood> is fresh off of a server transfer/mini-hiatus and is seeking a few more permanent members to flesh out our group. We've been a guild since launch, and until recently called Dragonmaw-US our home.

Raid Times (PST)
Monday 7p-9:30p
Wednesday 7p-9:30p

What We Need
1 full-time tank (any class)
1-2 healers (pref priest who can come disc/holy)
1 DPS (if exceptional)

Loot System
Gold=DKP. We like to keep it relatively simple-- everyone who is at the raid (including those who sit out for an encounter, or multiple encounters) gets an even split of the gold made from BoP drops, unless:
1. They failed to attend the previous raid.
2. They were not ready to pull (the current date) at 7.

BoE drops and patterns are auctioned off as seen fit (typically once per week) and the money is added to the guild bank. When the bank has an excess in funds, the "excess" gold is split among all current raiders.

Expectations
90% of the time we are a pretty casual, laid back guild who queues for BGs or runs old content in our off time. During the raid (and especially during learning content) we expect focused play, and involvement in discussion for our next attempt(s). We expect players to take learning content seriously, and to take criticism well.
Feasts, Flasks and Potions are typically provided by the guild bank, however every raider is still expected to keep a stash on them just-in-case. "I didn't think I'd need it" is not an excuse.
Know your class. Nobody here wants to hold your hand to learn your class. We don't expect absolute min/maxers or "elitists", but you should already know your optimal stats and rotations.
Must have Mumble (http://mumble.sourceforge.net/) and a working mic.

If interested, contact Frostycones, Pyxia, or Venetor in-game, and/or send an email to recruitment@vbguild.com.
Edited by Frostycones on 4/18/2012 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
slight edit, still LFM :)
Reply Quote
I'm sorry. Just to make it clear, did you mean Guild DKP or Gold DKP? The sentence after confuses me.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
Gold dkp.
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
Great, more univited people transfering and contributing to the never ending server lag.....
Edited by Arouquesa on 4/16/2012 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
04/16/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Arouquesa
Great, more univited people transfering and contributing to the never ending server lag.....

I think tich is not for you.

You lag? if YOU lag it is not because people are on this server. it is because your Hardware and/or Internet is terrible. GTFO
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I have a question, why would you run a guild with a GDKP loot system? you expect your raid members to have a ton of gold in order to get loot?
Reply Quote
What in the world of !@#$ is this loot system?
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
The GDKP might explain why you couldn't get past the first four heroics after downing them w/o nerf (or so you claim, since I only see 3/8H on your mage).
Reply Quote
Had more to do with our raid leader leaving for greener pastures, and I will retract my "4/8" claim as it was an honest goof on my part, it's now fixed in the title.

I realize the loot system seems odd, but it's worked for us. The gold gets distributed around enough that no one strictly controls the loot-- it's more of means of showing how much you actually need/want that upgrade, as opposed to to a /random because you think you might like it. It was also put in place to be used as a source of income since several raiders at this point in the expansion sparingly log in aside from raids and getting ready for them.

I understand that it's not for everyone, but if you think it might be for you, send me a tell :)
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Hunter
GDKP makes sense to me. It's a good way to share the wealth for people who might not spend the time on their characters to get gold.

You bid what it's worth to you... If someone else thinks it's worth more, you get to profit. So either you get loot, or you get gold. Either way you get something.

Think of it this way. One week you have terrible luck with loot drops. None of your tier tokens drop. And no other gear you need drops. Using anything but a GDKP type system, you'd feel pretty much like you just wasted your time. With GDKP you may not have gotten loot, but you made some money off of other people getting their loot.

Bottom line, you always get something from the raid. Loot, or gold. And I like that idea.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
GDKP makes sense to me. It's a good way to share the wealth for people who might not spend the time on their characters to get gold.

You bid what it's worth to you... If someone else thinks it's worth more, you get to profit. So either you get loot, or you get gold. Either way you get something.

Think of it this way. One week you have terrible luck with loot drops. None of your tier tokens drop. And no other gear you need drops. Using anything but a GDKP type system, you'd feel pretty much like you just wasted your time. With GDKP you may not have gotten loot, but you made some money off of other people getting their loot.

Bottom line, you always get something from the raid. Loot, or gold. And I like that idea.

They way i look at it is, I am broke, so why would i join a guild that needs a full time tank when i wont be able to afford loot that i need? GDKP is not meant to be a guild loot system.
Reply Quote
If we used regular DKP, you still wouldn't get loot right away.

Minimum bids are 1000g for main spec and 500g for offspec at the moment. I believe it's more practical/affordable than you think :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
What if you have someone with multiple alts that they have to epic gem and whatnot? GDKP Guild Run just sounds awful. Just cause someone can afford it, doesn't mean they deserve it more than another person imo.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
If we used regular DKP, you still wouldn't get loot right away.

Minimum bids are 1000g for main spec and 500g for offspec at the moment. I believe it's more practical/affordable than you think :)

If you used regular DKP, my chances of getting loot would be higher. Anyways, this is a 10 man guild, just hand the damn loot out with rolls or something, DKP loot systems or any form of loot system isnt needed in 10 mans.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

They way i look at it is, I am broke, so why would i join a guild that needs a full time tank when i wont be able to afford loot that i need? GDKP is not meant to be a guild loot system.

If you don't have the gold to get anything the first raid, you'll get the payout from that raid and then you'll have the gold for the next raid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]