What is it about our class...

85 Blood Elf Hunter
... that attracts idiots?

As a hardcore, hunter-loving player, I find it endlessly frustrating when I see other hunters being idiots.

In my experience, no other class has so many players who:
  • insist on running ahead of the tank and pulling everything
  • think they are PVP gods because their class is over-powered at low levels
  • respond to requests for them to cease retarded behavior with, "lolumad" and "rage moar, nerd"
  • refuse to use some of our most useful skills (traps, Camouflage, Misdirection)
  • roll on gear that is of no use to them, just because the Need button is highlighted

• WHY!?!? It makes me nerdrage so badly that I want to ban them from our class.

Why must we have so many "huntards?"
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Hunter
    lolumad?:) jokes apart, it's not just hunter who does it...players from every class do it... it's the stigma of hunter class that makes one only notice these when hunter does it and not other classes.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Hunter
    04/11/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Phaust
    refuse to use some of our most useful skills (traps, Camouflage, Misdirection)

Err I agree with most of your post but I simply had to chuckle when you put "most useful" and "camouflage" together.
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Hunter
    04/11/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Stalkings
    refuse to use some of our most useful skills (traps, Camouflage, Misdirection)

Err I agree with most of your post but I simply had to chuckle when you put "most useful" and "camouflage" together.
    Glad I wasn't the only one >.>
    Reply Quote
    04/11/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Elvorin
    lolumad?:) jokes apart, it's not just hunter who does it...players from every class do it... it's the stigma of hunter class that makes one only notice these when hunter does it and not other classes.
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Warlock
    Because Hunters are easy to level and fun to play. I would make a comparison to locks, which are the least played class and frustrating to play before you get the bang of them, but after playin on my realm I've seen otherwise. I guess the whole "evil" thing just really appeals to 12 year olds.
    Reply Quote
    3 Tauren Druid
    ... that attracts idiots?

As a hardcore, hunter-loving player, I find it endlessly frustrating when I see other hunters being idiots.

In my experience, no other class has so many players who:
  • insist on running ahead of the tank and pulling everything
  • think they are PVP gods because their class is over-powered at low levels
  • respond to requests for them to cease retarded behavior with, "lolumad" and "rage moar, nerd"
  • refuse to use some of our most useful skills (traps, Camouflage, Misdirection)
  • roll on gear that is of no use to them, just because the Need button is highlighted
  • WHY!?!? It makes me nerdrage so badly that I want to ban them from our class.

Why must we have so many "huntards?"

You don't look very hardcore. O.o?
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Hunter
    04/11/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Qonnect
    Also OP is not hardcore, just a pve and achievement hero. Someone who is hardcore would be amazing at both aspects of the game, 1500s in arena is not amazing.

I'd say otherwise.
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Hunter
    Feel better, OP? Nothing like a nerd rage post ranting about all the baddies to give yourself a shot of self-esteem!
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Hunter
    How is camo not a useful talent

This.

If you think Camo isn't useful, you're not using it right.

Camo when you're running up to CC in PVE. Camo at a base you're defending in PVP. Camo to avoid trash while soloing old content.

Camo is plenty useful, and it is going to be a moving full stealth in MoP as well.

Also OP is not hardcore, just a pve and achievement hero. Someone who is hardcore would be amazing at both aspects of the game, 1500s in arena is not amazing.

I have spent this expansion PVEing instead of PVPing. Better no rating than a bad rating.
    Reply Quote
    100 Dwarf Hunter
    How is camo not a useful talent, it keeps me safe from rogue sapping my pet before opening on me, and allows me to get any stealth class out by spamming scatter shot and sitting in camo. Also opening with a hardcast aimed shot in camo is pretty important to apply early pressure in almost any hunter 3s comp.

If a rogue is close enough to you to sap your pet, they deserve to be unstealthed for giving away their position.

Hard casted aimed from camo is to situational to be a consistent option.

All in all camo is more of a wasted potential than an actual useful talent
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Hunter
    Easy class to play, hard to master :)
    That's why I love hunters, you really need skill to play them well and that distinguishes the good from the bad.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    Why do you care what other hunters do?
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Hunter
    Also opening with a hardcast aimed shot in camo is pretty important to apply early pressure in almost any hunter 3s comp.
    ... Your enemies let you hard cast aimed in camo? I'd going to argue they are bad then >.> (prolly just your battle group or something, different battle groups have different skill levels at the 2K ratings I've noticed).

This.

If you think Camo isn't useful, you're not using it right.

Camo when you're running up to CC in PVE. Camo at a base you're defending in PVP. Camo to avoid trash while soloing old content.
    The problem here is that camo isn't nearly as useful as it could be. All of those examples are pretty meaningless in the grand scheme things.

With that said however...

04/11/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Phaust
    Camo is plenty useful, and it is going to be a moving full stealth in MoP as well.
    the glyph will be a nice addition, looking forward to it.
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Hunter
    That's why I love hunters, you really need skill to play them well and that distinguishes the good from the bad.

PvP talk? I get told in randoms the only reason I do twice the dps of other people, while having way worse gear, is because hunters are stupid easy to DPS with.

I don't throw my dps in their face, usually the tank sitting at #2 links it then people jump on me because I'm 40% of the damage done
    Reply Quote
    100 Dwarf Hunter
    ... Your enemies let you hard cast aimed in camo? I'd going to argue they are bad then >.> (prolly just your battle group or something, different battle groups have different skill levels at the 2K ratings I've noticed).

Battle groups are rather meaningless these days other than a spot to put team ranks instead of just one giant list. At least this is what I have gathered while in cata.

PvP talk? I get told in randoms the only reason I do twice the dps of other people, while having way worse gear, is because hunters are stupid easy to DPS with.

I don't throw my dps in their face, usually the tank sitting at #2 links it then people jump on me because I'm 40% of the damage done

Mostly just people who suck talking. There aren't any "hard" dps specs to play.
    Edited by Goroth on 4/11/2012 7:34 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Hunter
    Mostly just people who suck talking. There aren't any "hard" dps specs to play.

Which is what I as thinking since I have 9 out of the 10 classes at 85... But I don't want to throw that in their face and call them stupid because they'll say I have no life.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Hunter
    How is camo not a useful talent, it keeps me safe from rogue sapping my pet before opening on me, and allows me to get any stealth class out by spamming scatter shot and sitting in camo.

First off: Not a talent.

Second, I will be the first to admit it has its uses, but "most useful" it is not.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]