Mana Burn

85 Dwarf Shaman
What The !@#$. OP in arena. %^-* is spammed over and over, and if I los then my teammate just dies. wtf, put a cooldown on mana burn please :[*tips on how to fix this are being accepted, thank you*
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
You play lock shaman in 2s and rls in 3s. Zero empathy for your predicament that is a direct result of poor play.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Negative win/loss ratio while running RLS...? You deserve to be getting mana burned.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
los.

shear.

grounding.

kick.

spell lock

gouge

garrote

fear

DC

cheap/kidney

im sure there's more. use those and you won't get burned.

Also, a priest shouldn't be burning as long as you're putting out enough pressure.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
In 2s, you can let your lock sit with Earth Shield for 20+ seconds before you have to even come back in LOS.

In 3s, the priest should never find time to Mana Burn you and if he does, he is letting his team die.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
1. i know all that stuff about 3s aand yes the preist never mana burns xD 2s is where im having the probs xD i'll figure it out though, thanks for the info so far peeps
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
04/11/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Cyks
What The !@#$. OP in arena. %^-* is spammed over and over, and if I los then my teammate just dies. wtf, put a cooldown on mana burn please :[*tips on how to fix this are being accepted, thank you*

If only a resto shaman could interrupt, Ground or Ghost Wolf out of LoS. Perhaps your partners can take their fingers out of their noses long enough to help you.
Reply Quote
92 Undead Priest
Read the MOP patch notes. Disc is not getting mana burn in the expansion. I can't wait to get into those 30-40 min 2s matches where the healers never go oom!
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
NO MANABURN? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
remove mana burn please...
Reply Quote
86 Human Warlock
I never understood why people somehow think that when we say los the burns, that means sit behind the pillar and let your partner(s) die.

You can simply los the end of the mana burn cast and it'll fail (ghost wolf gives you an edge here). Instant cast heals thrive in this situation. And if the opposing priest literally is just trying to spam burns, then your partner must be power fapping in a corner or something. The priest should be having to heal, too.

Between spammable los and other interrupts/tools like shear/grounding + partner's toolkit, you should be fine.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
i'll take shear over burn
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
They are removing it in MoP. How the hell are you losing to mana burns as a shaman. You have a ranged interrupt and grounding totem, not to mention whatever interrupts your partner has. Sure, a mana burn gets off once in a while but your regen and the ability to heal using little mana negates that mana burn that occasionally hits you.

The only times I get to win with mana burns on shaman teams is if the shaman doesn't interrupt enough. And even then I have seen shamans last forever on zero mana.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Everytime I see a shaman complaining about manaburn, it makes me chuckle.. I roll on the floor laughing my !@# off thinking about how bad and pathetic you are. Why are you playing arena? Hell, why are u even playing this game?

I do have a 2600+ resto shaman so i sure as $%^- know what i'm talking about when i call you bad.
Reply Quote
Lol, 40 minute matches against shamans who dodge every mana burn except the ones during a stun/silence/fear combo say hi. Shear to interrupt, grounding to eat a second one, tremor to get out of fears and ghost wolf to LoS everything else. A priest landing the long mana burn cast is a friggen miracle, especially if your lock decides to use ANY of his fears.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]