Cut Baine event?

90 Gnome Warrior
I was looking through the audio files recently and when I was looking at Baine's VOs I found a few lines labeled "vo_baine_event".

1. "Open the gate!"

2. "I will not let a single human step past me into Mulgore! My people will not be harmed!"

3. "Sound the drums of war! For Taurajo!"

4. "It took a coward's poison and the fury of Hellscream to bring my father down."

5. "What chance have you!?"

6. "It is for you."

And then a separate one labeled "vo_baine_spawn01"

"So have I, Grimtotem."

It seems like there was an event planned at some point for Baine to appear in the Southern Barrens fighting the Alliance, and for him to be much more aggressive. Really wish they had gone through with it. Maybe if they had, the Tauren wouldn't be seen as such overly peaceful hippies.
Edited by Scoot on 4/11/2012 4:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
84 Human Warlock
I don't recognize the first two, but the rest all occur with the Mulgore quest climax between one of the Grimtotem exile leaders and Baine.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
04/11/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Fistandilus
I don't recognize the first two, but the rest all occur with the Mulgore quest climax between one of the Grimtotem exile leaders and Baine.

Ahhh, I think Mulgore is the one zone I have not quested through since Cataclysm came out.
Reply Quote
95 Human Rogue
Northwatch in a last chance revenge attack after theramore will attack mulgore and the tauren starting zone wil eavily involve fighting humans.
Reply Quote
4. "It took a coward's poison and the fury of Hellscream to bring my father down."

5. "What chance have you!?"

6. "It is for you."

And then a separate one labeled "vo_baine_spawn01"

"So have I, Grimtotem."

All these are present in game. I just played through this quest for first time. So yeah.

1. "Open the gate!"

2. "I will not let a single human step past me into Mulgore! My people will not be harmed!"

3. "Sound the drums of war! For Taurajo!"

This however, is certainly indicative of a counter attack into Southern Barrens.

I too, really wish they'd gone through with it.

Who knows? Maybe they still will.

One can only hope.
Edited by Brukk on 4/13/2012 8:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]