Please don't give us a 10min CD gimmick spell

100 Blood Elf Hunter
Every class so far is getting a new and useful lvl 87 ability for Mists of Pandaria, except hunters.

The new patch notes suggest that Stampede is going to be on a 10 minute cooldown, therefore unusable in arenas, and a waste of a potential tool that hunters desperately need in that department. Not just that, but even if it was on a shorter cooldown, the spell itself is gimmicky in nature, and looks like it wont be useful to begin with.

Another thing to look into is shortening the cast time of Power Shot. The knockback we desperately need cant afford to be on a 3 second cast time to be useful, since in that time anyone with a brain can LoS, incapacitate, or put enough damage into us that attempting to cast it would be more harm than good.

Please take all this into consideration, as I know there is still great room for tweaking left before MoP's release!
Reply Quote
3 Tauren Druid
Are you aware of how much CC and damage an MM hunter has in arena? Hunter's are fine in that department.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Honestly, I hate the "summon these npcs to fight for you" mechanic- it's braindead and has already been done so, so many times. As such, I'd rather it not exist at all, but since it does, I'm glad it won't be usable in arena since we won't be balanced around its power.

I agree a different 87 ability would be better but as I recall some hunters were calling for a spell like this on the forums, so they are responding to a segment of the class that likes that sort of thing.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
04/11/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Fluffaluffa
Are you aware of how much CC and damage an MM hunter has in arena? Hunter's are fine in that department.

You mean the unspamable cc hunters have to burn another cc to even be able to land (efficiently)? And the damage that comes in pulses with 2.5-3 second breathers due to mm being tethered to a low hitting casted shot to regen focus?

Yea Hunters are fine!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
as far as i can tell hunters are getting some needed fixes to abilties snake trap, and a few new toys like MoC and Binding shot.

really is to early to tell, but there is some potential
I still don't see anything that will revamp hunters for arena.

I think people look at all the new warlock toys and feel left out, but i say give it some time before we start with all the QQ
Edited by Angrypetz on 4/11/2012 7:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Yeah, am not pleased with a 10 minute cool down for something that lasts 10 seconds. Also can't even use Readiness with it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
as far as i can tell hunters are getting some needed fixes to abilties snake trap, and a few new toys like MoC and Binding shot.

really is to early to tell, but there is some potential
I still don't see anything that will revamp hunters for arena.

I think people look at all the new warlock toys and feel left out, but i say give it some time before we start with all the QQ

I find your optimism refreshing... but unfounded. I will reserve judgement till live, but remember what happened to our new toy (camo) in cata's beta.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
it'd be so much cooler a spell if it was like say Marvel vs Capcom where you can have temp allies come in and do one attack

I really thought it'd just be a burst move and have all your pets spawn, trample a target, despawn.

Really dont care to see my pets auto attack a target idk

About power shot, its just like aimed shot. I don't think 3 secs is so bad when we can aoe root with disengage or have another knockback in explosive trap glyph.

Dont forget in combat camo with full stealth glyphed.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Our knock back is 3 seconds?

Yet the other classes with knocks have instant ones?

...Dammit Blizzard.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
It's not even just Stampede that looks like it was completely phoned in and a useless CD for the hunter class, but all of the lvl 75 choices in the new talent tree as well.

They are all basically reskinned and slightly retooled versions of the same exact spell. Not only that, but they are at the moment completely uncontrollable, and look like they will do more harm than good in any PvP setting.

I wish I could be optimistic that Blizzard will change this, but after seeing that they put a glyph to remove dots on Freezing Trap, rather than the spell we have to use to even get freezing trap to land, it is pretty clear that Blizzard isn't really listening to feedback from the community (nor even have a fundamental understanding of the class in arenas).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
And as for people posting on alts saying that Hunters are fine in arenas.... I don't even know what to say to that other than ask what game are you playing?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
It seems like my point can be made even stronger when comparing Stampede to some of the other AMAZING, USEFUL, and NEW spells coming to every single other class, aside from us.

So, let's take a look at classes' level 87 abilities compared to hunters, shall we? (important distinctions are bolded):

DK:

Soul Reaper
      Melee Range
      6 sec cooldown
      Requires Melee Weapon
      Strikes an enemy for 100% weapon damage and afflicts the target with Soul Reaper. After 5 sec, if the target is below 35% health, this effect will deal 46114 to 53590 additional Shadow damage. If the enemy dies before this effect triggers, the Death Knight gains 50% haste for 10 sec.

Druid:

Symbiosis
      4.0% of base mana 30 yd range
      6 sec cast
      Creates a symbiotic link which grants the Druid one ability belonging to the target's class, varying by the Druid's specialization.

In exchange, grants the target one Druid ability based on their class and combat role.

Lasts 1 hour and persists through death. Cannot be cast on other Druids. Effect cancelled if Druid and target become too far apart.

Mage:

Alter Time
      1.0% of base mana
      Instant 3 min cooldown
      Alter the fabric of time, causing the caster to return to their current location, health, mana, and conditions after 4 sec.

Effect negated if the caster dies within the 4 sec before the effect occurs or moves too far away.

Monk:

Transcendence
      3 min cooldown
      You split your body and spirit, leaving your spirit behind.

Use Transcendence: Transfer to swap locations with your spirit.

Paladin:

Blinding Light
      23.4% of base mana
      Instant 3 min cooldown
      Emits a dazzling light in all directions, blinding enemies within 10 yards, causing them to wander disoriented for 6 sec.

Priest:

Spectral Guise
      30 sec cooldown
      Your shadow blurs into the darkness, leaving your true form behind. As a shadow you are invisible, but remain in combat. Lasts 6 sec or until your true form is hit by 3 direct attacks.

Rogue:

Shadow Blades
      3 min cooldown
      Draw upon the surrounding shadows to empower your weapons, causing your auto-attacks to deal pure Shadow damage and your combo-point-generating abilties to generate an additional combo point when used. Lasts 12 sec.

Shaman:

Ascendance
      5.2% of base mana
      Instant 3 min cooldown
      The Shaman surrenders his physical form to the power of the elements, transforming into a being of raw elemental energy for 15 sec.

Elemental:
      While in the form of a Flame Ascendant, Lava Burst has no cooldown and Chain Lightning is empowered to become Lava Beam.

Enhancement:
      While in the form of an Air Ascendant, auto-attacks and Stormstrike deal pure Nature damage and have a 30-yard range.

Restoration:
      While in the form of a Water Ascendant, all healing done is duplicated and distributed evenly among nearby allies.

Warlock:

Demonic Gateway
      10.0% of base mana 20 - 70 yd range
      5 sec cast
      Create a demonic gateway between two locations. Stepping into the gateway causes any party member to be instantly transported to the other gateway.

Limit 5 charges. The portal generates one charge every 15 seconds.

Warrior:

War Banner
      3 min cooldown
      Throw down a war banner within 30 yards to intimidate your enemies or inspire your allies. You can Intervene to your war banner.

Choose from among the following effects each time War Banner is used:

Demoralizing Banner

Decreases the damage dealt by all enemies within 30 yards of the banner by 10%. Lasts 15 sec.

Mocking Banner

Forces all enemies within 15 yards of the banner to focus attacks on the warrior for 6 sec. Lasts 30 sec.

Skull Banner

Increases the critical damage of party or raid members within 30 yards of the banner by 20%. Lasts 10 sec.
And lastly, one of the classes that has been neglected all Cata in terms of fixes for the many problems they have to deal with in PvP, gets a level 85 abilities THAT ADDRESSES NONE OF THE PROBLEMS, NOR IS EVEN USABLE IN THE ARENA (are you kidding me Blizz...)Hunter:

Stampede
      30 yd range
      3 sec cast 10 MINUTE COOLDOWN
      Summons all of your pets to fight for 10 sec.

If the 10 minute cooldown on a new spell wasn't obvious enough that Blizzards doesn't care about the Hunter class in PvP, look at the wording of the spell... It just looks like they gave up... I know this is beta, and everything is subject to change, but the fact that all 3 lvl 75 ability choices, AND the level 87 ability are all useless, and nearly identical, leaves little to be hopeful for. Please please please do something about this Blizz so I don't have to give up on this class. as well as this game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
04/11/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Fluffaluffa

As clearly evidenced by their representation...
Reply Quote
3 Tauren Druid
04/12/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Melix

We do boatloads of damage and can CC for years....I assure you, as a hunter who is 2200+ in arena, HUNTERS ARE FINE.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
RX
04/12/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Fluffaluffa

We do boatloads of damage and can CC for years....I assure you, as a hunter who is 2200+ in arena, HUNTERS ARE FINE.

Im calling you a lying piece of trash, but go ahead prove me wrong and post something from your 2200 MM hunter instead of hiding on your druid.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Well im glad to know the majority of hunters are against the 10 min cd ... REVOLT !
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
04/12/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Fluffaluffa

Weird, I'm a 2400 exp Hunter and I think that you're full of !@#$.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
They're probably tweeking the numbers.

Geez, give them time to test things before biting their !@# about it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
It's not just the "numbers" that I am worried about, it is that the spell provides no utility (let alone not being able to even be used in arenas), along with the 3 spells available at lvl 75 in the new talent tree also providing no utility. It's just bad design: they had a single idea for a spell, and milked it and made it 4, !@#$ty versions of the same spell with slightly different mechanics, none of which are controllable.

They need to change the spells, not just the numbers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
They're probably tweeking the numbers.

Geez, give them time to test things before biting their !@# about it.

The sky is, in fact, falling.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]