What Concerts Have You Been To?

90 Human Warlock
in random order....
public enemy
lollapalooza 92
lollapalooza 93
lollapalooza 94
(lollapalooza acts in those 3 years : alice in chains, soundgarden, red hot chili peppers, ministry, beastie boys, smashing pumpkins, blah blah blah)
stone temple pilots
nirvana
primus
U2 zootv tour
method man + redman
raekwon
roni size
dialated peoples
summer of love 3 times
ministry
metallica
pantera + slayer
rage against the machine ( 2 times)
matthew good ( 2 times)
radiohead ( 2 times)
tool
a perfect circle
NIN 3 times (fragile tour was the best)
beastie boys (2 times)
jay - z
kid rock
sloan 2 times
mushroom trail
cheryl crow ( llith fair i think, ya she won that argument)
carl cox
chemical brothers
mix master mike

good times good times. dont remember much. my 20's were a complete blur.
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Death Knight
Foo Fighters - Purely amazing first concert
Smash Mouth
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Melvins and Unsane when they play in NYC next Sunday. Should be a fun time.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
For something different, Weird Al was a fun one 8) Lots of costume changes, people went nuts when he came out in the fat suit )

Flogging Molly was fun too. Dave King is a showman and knows how to get the audience going 8)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
04/16/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Thünder
Pendulum

I am so Jealous, I would kill to see them.
Reply Quote
I just got home from seeing Rammstein at the Nassau Coliseum in NY. Quite possibly one of their best shows yet, and I got tons of video (5GB worth) to prove it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Eric Clapton (w/ Mark Knopfler) - University of New Orleans, Lakefront Arena - 1990
Electric Light Orchestra - 1981
Rush - 1981
Reply Quote
93 Human Warrior
So many I can't remember. The most I've been to is Metallica, whom I've seen 15 times, going back to the And Justice For All tour in 1988.

Funny concert moments: My first concert in 1986 was Van Halen at the Cow Palace on the 5150 tour, there were so many people smoking pot, and the cops ignoring it. I was freaking out, I had no idea that hundreds of people smoking pot = the cops can't arrest them all. Also, when they did their obligatory one Sammy Hagar song, I Can't Drive 55, Sammy was playing on a catwalk waaaay up above the crowd. He took off his red (of course) t-shirt and threw it down into the crowd and it landed about three feet away from me. I reached for it and... about five burly dudes grabbed it and started having a tug-of-war. I was like, ok that's all you, guys!

Type O Negative/Pantera at SJ Event Center, it was the last show of their tour so they were pretty happy. They had a long table up on the side of the stage with a bunch of food on it, TON had done their set and were watching Pantera play. All of a sudden, they get into a food fight with each other, Pantera stops playing, they were all just throwing food at each other and having fun. Eventually Pantera starts playing again and Peter Steele comes out and actually starts sweeping up the stage with a push broom! Then at the end of the song he grabs Phil by around the neck and they both sing the last line of the song into the mic. Hilarious!

Metallica/Kid Rock/Ted Nugent, New Year's Eve 2000 in Detroit, before Metallica came on, they were spotlighting girls in the crowd and they were flashing their boobies, they spotlighted one girl who pulled her shirt up, then her, ahem, heavier friend next to her started to pull up her top, and people started booing. A dude next to me goes, "Damn, how could you boo a pair of !@#$%^s?" I high-fived him.

Metallica headlining Day On the Green at Oakland Coliseum, first everyone started throwing the crushed paper cups that were all over the ground into the air, there were so many flying around at any second it looked like it was snowing. Then people started ripping up the outfield grass and tossing it in the air. It was awesome, but I was thinking, "Hey, the A's made it into the playoffs (that year), they're going to need that grass!"
Edited by Foulwind on 4/29/2012 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Steve Miller Band
Papa Roach
Buckcherry
Hinder
Pat Benatar
Blondie
The Romantics
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
Electric Six
Firewater
Foetus (x3) aka J. G. Thirlwell (he does the music for Venture Brothers)
Nick Cave (x2)
Einsturzende Neubauten (Chris and Cosey opened for them)
Julian Cope
MDC (x2)
Henry Rollins (x3)
Bad Brains (x3)
Tool
L7
The Fall
Sonic Youth/Naked Raygun
Big Black
Specimen
Black Flag
Circle Jerks
And the Ramones over and over. Though, I never went to see them after they kicked DeeDee.
Nina Hagen
Siouxsie and the Banshees
David Bowie
Pil
And, I hate to admit it, Duran Duran in 1983 :)
I kinda tried to go from the present back, and I'm sure I've forgotten a bunch.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Yes
Rush x2
Dream Theater, been too poor to afford concert tickets most of my life, trying to fix that now :D
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Red Hot Chillie Peppers / Stone Temple Pilots
Eminem
Method / Red
System of a Down
Linkin Park
311 (twice)
Tom Petty
Warped Tour twice (Green Day, AFI, Dropkick Murphies, Long Beach Dub All Stars (GOT TO PET LOU DOG! <3), Bad Religion, NoFX, Pennywise...idk alot more there too)
Smashing Pumpkins (AMAZING)
idk theres more but those are the best imo, and mostly head-liners.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Mayhem
Emperor (got to meet them, real awesome guys)
Black Sabbath
Slipknot
Marilyn Manson
Mudvayne
Rammstein
Santana (Clapton did a song with him, was great)
Iced Earth
Opeth
Kataclysm
Slayer
Pantera
Static X
Morbid Angel

I think the last bands that I must see before I die that I havent yet is Blind Guardian and Amon Amarth.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]