A guild for those with social anxiety

90 Blood Elf Priest
<Swords for Everyone> on Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

WHO WE ARE
We are a guild for those with social anxiety. Our goal is to create a no-pressure, judgement-free environment that enables members to explore aspects of the game that they have previously been kept from experiencing. Nothing is worse than not being able to do something in WoW (or any video game, or real life, for that matter) because you’re just too afraid or because you don't have anyone to turn to. Our intent is to establish an atmosphere, and even more so, a support network, that empowers those who are paralyzed by social situations and allows them to come, play, and be as they are.

WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Anyone who has social anxiety (or a similar social disorder) who wants an understanding community to play WoW with. If you're someone who:

• is terrified of public chat channels, including Vent (Mumble, Teamspeak, etc.)
  • starts hyperventilating when a dungeon or BG queue pops
  • has avoided large chunks of game content because of other players
  • immediately logs off for the rest of the day (or week) after a wipe because you fear that it was your fault
  • is nervous and sweaty just thinking about applying to this guild
  • experiences any other irrational (but entirely understandable) anxiety because of interactions with other players

• then you're probably a perfect fit. There are no specific requirements to join, aside from a completed application.

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN JOINING
    Visit our website at swordsforeveryone.enjin.com and apply there. Make sure to read our guild charter. Contact Cantafrond in-game or at cantafrond@gmail.com with further questions or issues.
    Edited by Cantafrond on 4/16/2012 6:50 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    43 Undead Hunter
    I suffer from social anxiety and applaud you for putting together a guild like this.
    Good luck to you!
    Reply Quote
    87 Human Rogue
    This is perhaps one of the most truly wonderful things I have seen someone do in WoW.

While I do not suffer from social anxiety, I know many people that do. I wish you all the best luck and fortune and hope many players find you.
    Reply Quote
    87 Dwarf Hunter
    Posting so I can follow this thread. I may be interested in this, although I have more alts than I have time to play them already.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    Thanks for your support guys. Thought I was going to get trolled to oblivion by posting this.
    Edited by Cantafrond on 4/12/2012 1:09 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    73 Worgen Warrior
    I posted in your other thread. =)

I'm very interested in this, and I would love to a part of it.

For servers, I suppose you're trying to stay on Arthas?
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    I posted in your other thread. =)

I'm very interested in this, and I would love to a part of it.

For servers, I suppose you're trying to stay on Arthas?

I'll go wherever it benefits the most people. Any suggestions?
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Mage
    Thank god! A guild that won't try to force me into vent? Sign me up! Where we going? Someone wanna level with me? I'll tank! I'm fine 'talking' via text as long as no one trips out if I take a minute to breathe and I'm not forced into vent. Vent is the bane of my existence. Let's get the ball rolling!
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    04/12/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Grëgory
    Thank god! A guild that won't try to force me into vent? Sign me up! Where we going? Someone wanna level with me? I'll tank! I'm fine 'talking' via text as long as no one trips out if I take a minute to breathe and I'm not forced into vent. Vent is the bane of my existence. Let's get the ball rolling!

I'm still working on getting a 'core' group together to start the guild, but in the meantime, I'm taking suggestions for servers (and faction).
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Mage
    I usually play horde, but as you can see I've got no problem with alliance so for me at least faction isn't much of an issue. I've noticed on most servers alliance players generally are less pressuring if you want to take that into account.

As for what server, I only play on Wyrmrest Accord and Moon Guard, but I'm willing to move; I'm sure most people don't want a roleplay server.
    Reply Quote
    84 Dwarf Warrior
    I may be interested in this, I don't want to keep any commitments right now. I do suggest Wyrmrest Accord though, it's a great server Alliance side.
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Mage
    04/12/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Delma
    I may be interested in this, I don't want to keep any commitments right now. I do suggest Wyrmrest Accord though, it's a great server Alliance side.

I would have to delete all my horde characters. All 9. QQ

Edit: Or join with just my mage, but I can't contribute much with just one dps class I rarely play. Yeah, ignore my complaining, I'll make due. lol
    Edited by Grëgory on 4/12/2012 2:20 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    04/12/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Grëgory
    I usually play horde, but as you can see I've got no problem with alliance so for me at least faction isn't much of an issue. I've noticed on most servers alliance players generally are less pressuring if you want to take that into account.

That's a good point. Something I've noticed as well.

04/12/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Delma

No commitments whatsoever, but we'd definitely love to have you.
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Mage
    Cudos to you and a free bump!
    Reply Quote
    1 Blood Elf Warlock
    I posted on your other thread as well. I would move one of my toons over, I just need to choose which one. I'm more comfortable with DPS, so I have a mage and a hunter, although the mage is better geared. I have 3 85 pallys, but I don't do well at tanking or healing, but have no problem moving one of them for DPS also. Only thing is, they're all horde, and server AND race change gets way costly.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, if/when decisions are made, count me in. :)

Thanks again for opening up the discussion.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Druid
    gogo its a rly good idea
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    I posted on your other thread as well. I would move one of my toons over, I just need to choose which one. I'm more comfortable with DPS, so I have a mage and a hunter, although the mage is better geared. I have 3 85 pallys, but I don't do well at tanking or healing, but have no problem moving one of them for DPS also. Only thing is, they're all horde, and server AND race change gets way costly.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, if/when decisions are made, count me in. :)

Thanks again for opening up the discussion.

Yeah, I saw your post on the other thread, and I completely understand your concerns about cost. What server do you play on, and how is it?

Right now, I'm just waiting for a few more people to get involved before making a decision. Looks like we're split evenly between Horde and Alliance. I'd prefer to play Alliance, and it does seem to be a little more accommodating, but it doesn't really matter to me.
    Reply Quote
    This is a great idea :)

Edit to add: I don't mind re-rolling on a different server and either faction is fine with me.
    Edited by Naira on 4/12/2012 2:53 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    Well, since we've already had three people from/suggest Wyrmrest Accord, I'm going to say let's go with that for now. Horde-side.

How is it economically and balance-wise?
    Reply Quote
    1 Blood Elf Warlock
    What server do you play on, and how is it?

I'm on Thrall. I believe it's 3-1 Horde vs. Alliance, although I leveled 2 toons via Alliance and switched to Horde. I do have an Alliance Pally on Proudmoore, which actually 3-1 Alliance vs. Horde.

But I don't mind moving, just need to figure WHO to move. :)

edit to add: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php
    here are some stats about the different realms. I'd be curious about the economy on Wyrmrest as well.
    Edited by Msbrianamay on 4/12/2012 3:09 PM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]