A guild for those with social anxiety

36 Goblin Hunter
This sounds like an awesome idea for a guild, I wish you all the best. And kudos for no trolls attacking this thread.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
04/12/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Minzi
This sounds like an awesome idea for a guild, I wish you all the best. And kudos for no trolls attacking this thread.

Was pretty happy about that too!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
What a great idea! I may roll an alt on Wyrmrest as well.
Reply Quote
25 Undead Mage
I might be interested in joining, I'll try rolling a character on wyrmrest later today.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
I too deal with anxiety but I didn't think there would be a guild out there that actually existed for people in WoW who can support one another......My heart races sometimes during hardmodes ( but i like the rush tbh, i become hyper-vigilant ) and I get really nervous randomly if I call something out. Sometimes, I feel like I did something wrong by calling something out lol.......Make it horde on a high pop server and I'm sold on any of my healers!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I think this is awesome and I hope your guild turns out to be a huge success!~

We have several people in our guild who suffer extreme social anxiety. We have many disabilities in our guild and we are a 'safe haven' of sorts for anyone who wants to play in a a no pressure environment with understanding, helpful and caring guildies.

I tell you this because I'd like to suggest you have some fellow guildies who are willing to help you in your guild.

We have a guildie who just can't hit the 'accept' button when invited to a group. He is terrified he'll do something wrong, or someone will make fun of him - even though he knows that is not tolerated in the guild, at all. One of us always has to find him in Stormwind and stand next to him and coach him along, that it will be ok, we'll hit the accept button together, 3, 2, 1 hit accept!

Afterwards he is soooo happy he went, he has an absolute blast and you can tell by the tone of his typing, because he actually types! that he is in a good mood.

Having some guildies willing to help you and guide you and help draw everyone out in an environment they feel safe in can make a difference in your guild.
Reply Quote
55 Troll Death Knight
I am also very interested in this. Thank you for putting this together :)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
As always, thanks for everyone's support. I'm blown away by it. And to the one troll we've had (though I'm sure many are to follow), thanks for the bump.

For anyone who's interested in this guild, we're set up on Wyrmrest Accord, Horde, under the name <Swords for Everyone>. Whisper me in-game, send me an in-game mail, or send me an e-mail at cantafrond@gmail.com for an invite. For security reasons, I'm currently the only one with invite privileges, so please be patient if you can't immediately get in touch with me.

And if you're interested in us but don't have the time or the patience for a reroll, still keep in touch. I'm hoping to set up donations for character transfers in the future.
Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
In keeping with tradition, I think the guild should be on Emerald Dream-US.

Well, yes... my main happens to be there... Alliance side...

But I will keep checking in to see if new details have been added.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
In keeping with tradition, I think the guild should be on Emerald Dream-US.

Well, yes... my main happens to be there... Alliance side...

But I will keep checking in to see if new details have been added.

Appreciate your interest, Cherry. I definitely considered 'keeping with tradition' and going to Emerald Dream, but things have gone pretty well on Wyrmrest so far, and I'm happy with the decision. If only we could be everywhere at once.

If you change your mind, you're more than welcome to join, even if only on an alt.
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Paladin
I found this on Reddit! I'm glad I went there today.
I've server hopped many, many times trying to find a guild where I'd fit in. I was having a bad day today, but seeing this thread definitely cheered me up. I can't afford a server transfer, but hey, I've never made a horde character before, so it'll be a fun experience to 85. :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I had heard that he went to work about 3 hours ago - so if your waiting for an invite i assume the next few hours are when you can get one. I am looking for an invite still too ! =) It sounds really awesome
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
This is a great idea.
I have a great guild now but I'll probably re-roll an alt and check you guys out. :)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
What a brilliant idea.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
This is a fantastic idea. I will definitely have to roll an alt and come say hi. I tried joining a reroll guild on another server a while back, but then everyone kept talking about raiding so much I kind of freaked out. (sorry guys)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm actually interested in joining you OP should you create a guild. I suffer from severe anxiety and depression in real life and have, in fact, avoided joining guilds and missed out on raiding because I find it too daunting and frightening a prospect.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I have social anxiety. Well, in real life, at the very least. There are days when I'm fine and I can talk normally and have a blast, provided I'm not stuck in a room full of strangers. But I also have my days where it's just like 'If I say anything to anyone they will laugh at me because I did something wrong'. On those kinds of days, I have issues even talking to my family/my boyfriend.

Thankfully for me, my anxiety doesn't transfer much into WoW. I'm quite happy to heal/tank dungeons, and I'm quite the chatterbox no matter what kind of day it is. Raiding is really the only thing that gets me. I was terrified to try LFR the first time around. Then my dad forced me to under threat of being grounded. xD

I'm definitely going to come roll a character horde-side on WRA. Huzzah for rp realms, even if it's not my favourite faction. =D
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
For anyone interested in joining, I'll be on most of this morning and afternoon. Just message me in-game. We're <Swords for Everyone> at Wyrmrest Accord, Horde.

I know it's inconvenient, but in the best interest of the guild, I'm the only one with invite privileges. Please be patient :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]