A guild for those with social anxiety

63 Goblin Death Knight
Moving this up so it's not on a page far-far down the list.

Anyway, to anyone reading this specific post, this is a guild set up as a warm environment for people who have a hard time communicating with and interacting with others because they always feel nervous or awkward in doing so.

Please note there is no level requirement for this guild (many of us have made new characters just to be a part of this guild). While it is expected that guild members will treat each other with a certain amount of maturity and respect there is no age requirement. There are no expectations for you to be online all the time. While we have guild events (and I believe the level 85 players are even readying themselves to begin raiding), there's no requirement for any member to participate in guild events or chat. Moreover, the experience of members ranges from new players, to individuals who don't have a lot of PvE or PvP experience because edginess of certain people in-game have made them nervous wrecks and so they just stopped trying, to seasoned raiders and PvP'ers.

If you have social anxiety, and are seeking a laid-back, friendly, and non-judgmental home, then Swords for Everyone is a great place to be.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
This is the friendliest guild I've ever been in. After being in guilds that are stuck up, up-tight and only care about your gear/play-style, this is a breath of fresh air! Everyone is fun to talk to, and play with. We did LFR together last week and totally won all the gear that dropped! If you've ever wanted to experience things but were too nervous to, now is the time!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
05/10/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Krampus
We did LFR together last week and totally won all the gear that dropped!

And also discovered that warriors are apparently excluded from the loot list.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Awesome place to call home, nothing but good vibes and no drama. Oh and they got muffins :)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
05/12/2012 12:15 AMPosted by Kujan
Awesome place to call home, nothing but good vibes and no drama. Oh and they got muffins :)

The muffins are the secret to our success.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Too many Warriors. Not enough Hunters.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Mage
The guild hit level 10 last night. We have raid nights, learning to tank/heal nights, soon to start pvp'ing and starting our Firelands raid next week. We also have a section devoted to RP'ers if you're interested.

I have seen more content in this guild in the last month or so than I have in the last almost 3 years of playing WoW.

Everyone is helpful, friendly, and it is now my home. If you've ever wanted to run dungeons without people calling you a n00b, or just questing in a calm atmosphere, this is the place to be.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Excellent post man.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Warrior
Yes, in theory a great idea. But how do people get though ANY app process at all? Perhaps I'm weak of character, I don't know. I just talked to the GM about this and was given the regular "yes it's tough, but app process, see website" bit.

So much for being out of the box. Apps are more stress and you are displayed for any to see and judge you, when you're goal is to avoid those exact feelings.

Just my 2 sense.

I wish you luck and I hope others aren't turned away or turned off. Perhaps talking with the person individually via vent/mumble/skype etc....before you say "app" would help.

So many of us are good people, we just don't like to be displayed like an old home next to mega millions house as if we don't count or are a number.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
05/25/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Wetboy
So much for being out of the box. Apps are more stress and you are displayed for any to see and judge you, when you're goal is to avoid those exact feelings

Our applications are private. Only myself and the guild recruitment officer can view them. I apologize if that causes you stress, but we have an environment to protect and preserve.

05/25/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Wetboy
Perhaps talking with the person individually via vent/mumble/skype etc....before you say "app" would help.

Vent, Mumble, and Skype are just as terrifying to some people as an application, if not more so.

They only way we can help someone is if they take the first step themselves. I'm sorry that our methods don't line up with your expectations, but I wish you the best of luck in finding a guild.
Edited by Cantafrond on 5/26/2012 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
Grats everybody on hitting 11!
Reply Quote
83 Troll Hunter
Yes, in theory a great idea. But how do people get though ANY app process at all? Perhaps I'm weak of character, I don't know. I just talked to the GM about this and was given the regular "yes it's tough, but app process, see website" bit.

So much for being out of the box. Apps are more stress and you are displayed for any to see and judge you, when you're goal is to avoid those exact feelings.

Just my 2 sense.

I wish you luck and I hope others aren't turned away or turned off. Perhaps talking with the person individually via vent/mumble/skype etc....before you say "app" would help.

So many of us are good people, we just don't like to be displayed like an old home next to mega millions house as if we don't count or are a number.

Please consider applying anyway. Once the initial app process is done and you're in, it's a great place to be with great people to hang out with, and even more awesome people are joining daily. Hope you'll give us a try!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
This is a very kind idea. Bump.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
An amazing guild on an amazing realm.

Keep it up guys.
Reply Quote
83 Troll Hunter
Bump :-)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Going to try to set up a Guild LFR run this Tuesday, if it's alright with Cantypoo.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Up up!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
LFR went great!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Level 14!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
It's way too hot out!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]