Competative feral dps

32 Night Elf Druid
Hello fellow druids. I was just wondering if feral dps is competative at 85? Like compared to arms wars or ret pallys. Thanks :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
It's competitive to the point where its viable. Boomkins are more preferred though. As are Resto and Feral tanks.
Reply Quote
32 Night Elf Druid
Kool, ok. I really like being feral, so I was just curious. Thanks for the info Syfix :)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Middle of the pack.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
04/12/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Chikatree
Middle of the pack.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I compete extremely well within my guild.

In the top 3 for nearly every single boss attempt and a lot of the time I'm number 1.

We may be "middle of the pack" when it comes to WoL parsing, which is usually staged to boost a person's damage specifically for WoL, but we do very well in your average raid group.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
04/12/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Chikatree
Middle of the pack.

Ehehehehe. Punny.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

In the top 3 for nearly every single boss attempt and a lot of the time I'm number 1.

We may be "middle of the pack" when it comes to WoL parsing, which is usually staged to boost a person's damage specifically for WoL, but we do very well in your average raid group.

I don't mean to be insulting, but you're playing with middle of the pack players, only being 1/8H in DragonSoul.

You're topping the meters because you're better than your cohorts, not because ferals are better than other classes.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

read more closely Mendol, they are talking about how in WoL one is typically fed CDs from other classes to boost their own making it appear as if they are some godlike player.

Not that druids are better than other classes.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid

I don't mean to be insulting, but you're playing with middle of the pack players, only being 1/8H in DragonSoul.

You're topping the meters because you're better than your cohorts, not because ferals are better than other classes.

You act like having killed one more boss makes you godly, it doesn't. You're 2/8H, they're 1/8H, there is hardly a difference now because of the nerf. Morchok, yor'sahj, zon'ozz and ultraxion are extremely easy to kill
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
04/13/2012 05:56 AMPosted by Zamix

read more closely Mendol, they are talking about how in WoL one is typically fed CDs from other classes to boost their own making it appear as if they are some godlike player.

Not that druids are better than other classes.

One would assume that all parsing conditions for all classes are equal. If other classes are getting boosted (and I assume they are), then the ferals in the WoLs are too (and I assume they are).

Ferals do really well at the beginning of a patch if they get a new weapon early. (Like Fandral's or kiril). Our weapon makes a huge difference compared to the rest of our gear. Unfortunately, as other classes get better gear, our lead shrinks and eventually goes negative and we trail considerably by the end of the tier with BiS gear.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
04/13/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Mendol
we trail considerably by the end of the tier with BiS gear.

Nerf Warriors at the end of EVERY XPAC EVER.

That is all.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

You act like having killed one more boss makes you godly, it doesn't. You're 2/8H, they're 1/8H, there is hardly a difference now because of the nerf. Morchok, yor'sahj, zon'ozz and ultraxion are extremely easy to kill

I'm not acting godly, I'm stating facts. When your group is at 1/8H, then your gear is generally 1/8H and the people you're playing with are generally 1/8H.

At 1/8H, a feral has a bit of a gear advantage because of how important our weapon is to us and we have access to Kiril and nobody else has access to heroic gear.

But if your group can't get past 1/8H, then the group has a wide array of performers including enough who can't perform well enough to get the group to 2/8H. Being a top performer in a group like that just more likely means that you're better than the rest of the group, not that the class outperforms.

As for my progression on this toon, I was the 2nd feral in my melee heavy 25 man and was cut from the roster at the beginning of the tier because ferals can't compete. Oh, I was at the top of the meters for the first 2 weeks of DS, but that's because I got Kiril on week one. In Firelands both me and my other feral partner were towards the bottom and the same thing has happened in DS to the other feral that's still in the raid.

I haven't raided seriously on this toon the whole patch. My DK is 5/8H, and he only participates in a 1 day a week alt run. I'm only pushing this guy through our run on the fights my DK isn't tanking, and trying to get the heroic staff from Yor'sahj.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Feral is fine for raiding , im a mainspec cat and offer competitive dps, though im not toping the charts im also a great backup if the !@#$ hits the fan because we bring not only cat scratches but an emergency bear is definitely not to be overlooked (especially if you have a hybrid catbear spec with the core tanking talents) just my 2 cents
8/8 H kitty by the way :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Believe me, I know the limitations of my guild and you might be correct in that other classes scale considerably when they get heroic gear (though I don't see how it can be that much of a difference between normal and heroic gear).

My point was that we can compete in raids. Which was the OPs question. I was trying to keep the "middle of the pack" quotes from giving the OP the wrong idea of the class/spec.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
People amaze me.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
it's competitive enough. that it won't hold your raid back from killing heroic bosses if that's what you mean. I'm always somewhere in the middle of my group to the low end when i play my kitty spec. it truly is middle of the pack when it comes down to DPS.

HOWEVER if you're pulling enough dps that the group doesn't fall behind then it's not an issue
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I raid 10 man, but we have a hunter, ret and ele shaman along with myself that are usually neck and neck in 5/8H DS. Some fights I win, others I am second or occasionally third. Our mage is.... special so he's a little behind, but the five of us are all very comparably geared and my feral damage more than keeps up.

It's not the size of the polearm, it's where you stick it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

It's not the size of the polearm, it's where you stick it.

this is the most epic post ive ever seen kudos
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]