No Vent Raiding due to being deaf....

85 Blood Elf Hunter
I have a legitimate question. If someone such as myself were born deaf and therefore cannot talk or hear anything over Vent, yet cannot join a raiding guild because of this, would I be able to form and run even semi-successfully a no vent raiding guild? I wouldn't be looking to clear 8/8 Heroic DM or anything like that. But just to at least make a go of it. It's just very discouraging to want to raid but get shut down at every opportunity because of my hearing impairment.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's possible. People have raided successfully with a hearing impairment. The only reason people require you to be able to hear over vent/mumble is so they don't have to type mid combat. But this is valid, due to being a dps/hps drop to type.

I believe there was a hunter on Hydraxis that had a hearing impairment that was semi successful at raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
04/12/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Sealcub
I believe there was a hunter on Hydraxis that had a hearing impairment that was semi successful at raiding.

Pfft, Graph (if that's who you were referring to) was way better than most faildraxis retards.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I wish you luck in finding a group! May you kill all the bosses ever! Graphite used to raid sans-vent. It was...interesting. But he was a super-hero-mega-troll.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I don't consider myself a terrible raider by any means. I make do with researching the fights and I have DBM which alerts me to the boss abilities that I need to know about. But it seems for most on this server that's just not good enough.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/12/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Calielyn
I don't consider myself a terrible raider by any means. I make do with researching the fights and I have DBM which alerts me to the boss abilities that I need to know about. But it seems for most on this server that's just not good enough.

Don't worry about it. Nobody will ever be good enough for this sever. That's just the way it is sadly.

Raid warning macros work great. Don't get your hopes down. You'll find the right guild if not this server then another. =)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
04/12/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Sealcub
It's possible. People have raided successfully with a hearing impairment.

R.I.P Graph...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
If anyone thought thought Graph was a good at raiding, then you're out of your mind haha! Graph wasn't a completely terrible raider though. He'd definitely put in effort if pushed correctly. If not, then he'd do worse and worse while people rage on him, to the point that he'd purposely wipe a raid.

During the time I was his raid leader, I'd make a macro that would send him a tell to move to a spot, or kill X, whatever. If I didn't do it, then I'd have one of his other friends do it. It's not impossible to raid with a disability, you just have to make sure that the people you raid with are accepting of it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
04/14/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Poppysmurph
If not, then he'd do worse and worse while people rage on him, to the point that he'd purposely wipe a raid.

Isn't that what makes raiders good?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
04/16/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Orcgasmic
If not, then he'd do worse and worse while people rage on him, to the point that he'd purposely wipe a raid.

Isn't that what makes raiders good?

^^
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
04/14/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Platform
It's possible. People have raided successfully with a hearing impairment.

R.I.P Graph...

^ Quoting for Graph
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I think LFR would be a good opportunity to raid without any ventrillo or mumble requirement.

If you really want to push progression raiding, and have this disability I think it's your responsibility to work around this, and not burden a guild, or raid leader with the responsibility of accommodating you.

Although there are probably some guilds out there that are made by people with similar disabilities that do just fine, I personally would applaud anyone that can over come an obstacle like this, and be able to play the game, and push content.

Good luck man!
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
Over the years ive been involved with this game I have played with several very very skilled people with various disabilities and most were competent raider, pvp'rs. In my opinion most guild raid vents have far to much useless distracting chatter to begin with. I love chatting but jesus wait until your not killing pixels.

I remember well a resto shaman I raided with in this past xpac that was a very good healer and always took time to learn fights so there not using vent didnt hinder the raid.

I think your ability to find a group and be successful will rest mostly on you.

P.S. Raid announce macro's are going to be your friend.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
alot of the times in wrath when we were missing a core member i had a friend that was scared of joining guild do to that same reason one of the best resto sham/ hunters i ever had in the raid if your def and can do your job study fights i would be willing to have you as a core raider just takes a little bit a of time and comunication through chat

this is pertaining to same shaman that khasz spoke of only thing i ever did for them was rw macro for hero
Edited by Mancard on 4/24/2012 2:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]