Blizz stop failing

90 Pandaren Mage
My eyes hurt trying to read the submitted post.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I was wondering whether we might be allowed the option to earn offspec rewards in lieu of main spec rewards in Raid Finder? I find myself constantly frustrated that in order to be eligible for a specific drop I am required to play that spec even if it's not what is best for the raid as a whole. With the change to Raid Finder loot rolls, where my winning an offspec item does not detract from anyone else's chances to win items, I can see no compelling reason not to allow it.
Edited by Lilyaena on 4/14/2012 8:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/13/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Zarhym
Oh man. We have just the solution for you!

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, and I appreciate your response in a baiting thread, but I've read that post and it sounds like an awful lot of nothing. Maybe my comprehension is a bit off, but theoretically, I can still show up to 30 LFRs and still lose every single time for a particular item I want.

One of my main issues with the loot rolling system is that it doesn't take into account how many times a player has participated in a raid and rolled on a particular item without success in winning it. Warhammer experimented with a system that took into account repeated participation and added a loot bonus onto a player's roll for each additional time they ran the encounter.

I have terrible luck in rolls and I have won nothing in dozens of looking for raids, while people that already have the item I am rolling for are winning it for the (insert #) time against me. I see no changes in this regard.
Reply Quote
59 Goblin Hunter
04/14/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Iaintevenmad
Oh man. We have just the solution for you!

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, and I appreciate your response in a baiting thread, but I've read that post and it sounds like an awful lot of nothing. Maybe my comprehension is a bit off, but theoretically, I can still show up to 30 LFRs and still lose every single time for a particular item I want.

One of my main issues with the loot rolling system is that it doesn't take into account how many times a player has participated in a raid and rolled on a particular item without success in winning it. Warhammer experimented with a system that took into account repeated participation and added a loot bonus onto a player's roll for each additional time they ran the encounter.

I have terrible luck in rolls and I have won nothing in dozens of looking for raids, while people that already have the item I am rolling for are winning it for the (insert #) time against me. I see no changes in this regard.

Yes, you can still lose rolls. But, instead of rolling against other people you roll against yourself. No, they will not be handing you loot just because you farmed it forever.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
04/14/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Cithere

Yes, you can still lose rolls. But, instead of rolling against other people you roll against yourself. No, they will not be handing you loot just because you farmed it forever.

Rolling against yourself?? That sounds even worse than before. Much much worse.

Its going to be exactly as others and myself have pointed out.
Reply Quote
59 Goblin Hunter

Rolling against yourself?? That sounds even worse than before. Much much worse.

Its going to be exactly as others and myself have pointed out.

Yup, so many people QQed that people won loot instead of them, they took out the option. Now everyone can win or no one, but it has nothing to do with the other players.
Edited by Cithere on 4/14/2012 9:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/14/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Cithere

My point exactly. They really didn't change anything at all, I just read it in-depth and all they did was change how the rolling system works. It is being passed as a huge change, but in reality, the only difference is you can't trade the items, and the system rolls for you as opposed to you having a choice of three buttons to push when loot drops.

Not really an earth-shattering change. Not really a change at all, as a matter of fact.
Reply Quote
59 Goblin Hunter

My point exactly. They really didn't change anything at all, I just read it in-depth and all they did was change how the rolling system works. It is being passed as a huge change, but in reality, the only difference is you can't trade the items, and the system rolls for you as opposed to you having a choice of three buttons to push when loot drops.

Not really an earth-shattering change. Not really a change at all, as a matter of fact.

They did make the loot, toon specific, If it drops you can use it. I like that part.
Reply Quote
04/13/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Breadisfunny
try playing a rogue and losing agility daggers to hunters....fun stuff.
Or have a resto or balance druid take your staff >.< life's a witch ain't it?
Edited by Jolvexagar on 4/14/2012 9:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman

Trying to change it to where ppl can't ninja. THATS A GOOD THING.
But lets take a step further and actually give toons an UPGRADE. Or HEY, maybe make it a 50/50 chance at an upgrade. THat would be totally much better than just 'ok here is an item we know you can use, might not be an upgrade 99% of the time but HEY, atleast it is an item we know you can use'. You are still gonna have to run the content ad nauseam!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

I think you misread it then because it is a pretty big change from how things work currently.
Reply Quote
04/13/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Zarhym
Oh man. We have just the solution for you! You're not going to want to miss a word of this
Ahh Zarhym I like you man and I know your just doing your job, but I have to agree with most ppl on this. It does look like blizz is pulling wool over our eyes on this one.
Reply Quote
04/14/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Jemy
Just face it. Either learn to have fun the way it is or leave. Kinda like the redneck's attitude towards hippys back in the day. World of Warcraft - Love it or LEAVE it.
This too :)
Reply Quote

I think you misread it then because it is a pretty big change from how things work currently.

It's a change, but it isn't a change in the direction toward what the majority of people were asking for. There are people who have been running LFR since it came out in search of an item and have lost rolls on it every single time. Thankfully I'm not one of those people as I just returned to the game about a month ago, but it is completely nonsensical that they aren't taking into account player participation statistics into loot rolls.

Other games have done it, and it works well. The only form of raiding that a great deal of players partake in is LFR, and it is only fair to implement a system that ensures that someone who shows up 20 times to the same raid doesn't walk away empty handed every single time.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
04/14/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Jemy
Just face it. Either learn to have fun the way it is or leave. Kinda like the redneck's attitude towards hippys back in the day. World of Warcraft - Love it or LEAVE it.

If you lived strictly by this rule there would be no changes whatsoever. Patch day??? We would be wondering what that meant.

The changes that have been implemented have almost all been for the better. I think the mentality from the Dev's is as thus,"if they get what they want the first time around then they will quickly lose interest". So, in that respect they will NOT want you to get what you want almost never. Cause you will keep playing HOPIN to get what you want, right? I wonder how many times this has happened?

What if we all just give them a little note sayin, if you give us what we want we will keep p(l)ayin, we promise. That 1yr deal a little while ago comes to mind. I been playing since sept of '05 sure I have had some sabaticals from time to time but I have never stopped paying them monthly.

Bottom line, we want upgrades, they slowly feed us upgrades. But they shouldn't do that thinking they are keeping us payin.
Reply Quote
Doesn't this basically mean that instead of rolling on each piece of gear that drops, provided it drops something you can use, you roll and some number of highest rolls get gear, which will be randomly chosen from a pool of possible gear applicable to your class and spec?
Reply Quote
41 Tauren Paladin
Change it to drop 1 epic piece in LFR per boss.

Just stop whining. I'm surrounded in dead kittens.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]