We Don’t Casual … We Mosey … Do You?

90 Blood Elf Mage
Mo*sey (Moh-zee) verb
1. To wander or shuffle about leisurely; stroll; saunter (often followed by along, about, etc.).

We began on Kilrogg way back on day one and after a long stint of wandering around the galaxy of WoW servers, we recently came home … back to Kilrogg after six years. Now we’re looking for folks like ourselves to hang out and play this great game with us. Who in the name of Thrunk’s Chest Hair are we (Thrunk is a little known cousin of Thralls)? We are the Daffy Blokes …

We’re just a friendly group of people that have been playing WoW together (and other games) for years and enjoying every moment of our journey. Most of us are career oriented grownups, some with families … we end our day and just want to relax … for this reason, we’re a tad less casual than casual :) We spend our lives planning things, organizing work and even running our own businesses, doing this in a game does not appeal to us. Therefore we are not as organized as most guilds.

“So you guys don’t do much??”

Heck NO!!! We do lots of things and we enjoy just about every aspect of this game. We just don’t move at break neck speed … we’ll never have a server first, that’s for sure. We do well at running organized chaos or maybe it’s chaotic organization. However, this lifestyle has never stopped us from RAIDing, heroic advancements or leveling the guild. We’ve always been successful at whatever we attempt to accomplish. We simply enjoy taking our time on other game aspects as well: leveling characters, looking for new places to visit and accomplishing various achievements.

“Do you PLAN on doing anything?”

You bet … we want to get back to doing some RAIDs (we had a 10-man running through BC and WotLK) and we’d really like to start (re)running all the old school things for kicks. The move back to Kilrogg, has sparked a strong desire to get back to leveling new characters. But mostly, we’d like to find more players that share our love for moseying. The more people that come to the party, the more fun we all have while we’re there.

“Would I be a Mosey kind of player?”

I couldn’t tell you … it comes from the heart ;) But you could always head over to our website (www.daffyblokes.net) and learn more about us … what we’ve done and where we’ve been. This insight could provide you with an answer. There’s even a cool questionnaire for those that think they’ve got the mosey stuff.

“Any special stuff come with being a Bloke?”

Well … we don’t have vent, mostly because we haven’t had a need for it … if we did, we’d have it on in ten seconds (several of us have our own server setups – network engineers by career) but it hasn’t come up, yet … and yes, we RAID just fine without it :P

We have a cheesy Google site since I’m tired of running a crazy souped up PhP/SQL custom one. We also run an entertaining Google User Discussion group.

We have all the tabs at the bank full of stuff to help starters, levelers and a few things for the end gamers … but who doesn’t these days, right?

We have a plethora (yes, I used that word) of personalities that ALL love to help people, especially those brand new to the game. We enjoy helping to impress our own love of the game on new players, giving them the opportunity to really delve into it deeply.

We are going to get back into doing Ale Runs (check website for these) as well as some other fun events just because who doesn’t like to do silly stuff in WoW? Well several I assume but WE love them :)

We have a level 13 guild so there are some of the great guild perks that go along with such. And we have a cool tabard … its kid friendly (ish).

You could receive some great advice on diaper changing, fourth grade math, filing your 1099s or even what constitutes a concern when the vacuum smokes … in the middle of a Boss battle with half the RAID wiped … and we’d still pull it out.

So after all this, you gotta’ ask yerself just one question … Are you a Bloke?

And now for a Gnomebreak … punt’em if you gottem’

For the HORDE!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Just stick to the beginner horse all the way through ... If the game allowed, you could WALK to some towns faster :) Or swing your controller back and forth sometimes ... like you've got a swagger in the step.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Just be careful of your full gbank, some people on the realm like to join nice guilds and leave with the contents of said full gbank, sadly. You guys sound fun, good luck :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Thanks Gnerdrage :)

As for tabs, anything that is extremely costly (usually endgame) is kept on trusted bank alts and made available on request. The rest is farmed stuff that would profit less on the AH and more for those just leveling. Its loss would be regrettable but not irreplaceable. There are a few tabs fully secured, though ... we got stung in the past ;)

Most things come "real time" ... someone in the guild will ask for help and we'll just go farm with them for it to help out. That's harder to steal for those "shady folk" and for honest individuals, more fun to come by :D

And thanks for the bump :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
What the HECK people ... my post actually moved to page TWO on the Kilrogg forums!?! I thought it would be a six month perma-addition to the front page ...

Sheeesh ... now I have to type something ELSE here just to move it back up the ladder.

Diablo 3 Server not Stable enough? Neither are we ... come join us :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
We have East and West coast players (oddly enough) for those looking for an off-time group to hang around with when playing :)

Slowly but surely we are rebuilding our guild to possibly get back into RAIDing (stopped serious RAIDing way back in BC and had mild RAIDing in WotLK). Still more casual than casual but check out the website for more information or just to get a laugh.

and a bump
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
FLASH .... AAAaahhhhh ... Savior of the Universe!!!!
Reply Quote
60 Orc Shaman
I like to drive around Kilrogg in my windowless van selling Ice Cream Bars and Candy Corn to the little gnomish girls and boys ...

Here gnomy gnomy gnomy ... Uncklebob has a nice Magical Mini-Treat for you ...

Guild priests say I've been off my Medicated Salve too long ...
Reply Quote
83 Troll Hunter
Fish on ...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Bump for my friends in Daffy Blokes and to let you know that Tempus Noobis is back! We're up for grouping with any of you at any time. Just let us know. :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Do my eyes deceive me? Tcheekiin turned... Blood Elf? ack! My EYES!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Let's PUG an instance together because Kilrogg is great for that! :)
Reply Quote
88 Troll Mage
I double fist Tcheekin's :)

Troll and Belf .. one because of his Sexah .. the other cuz his Dance ...

And its the Belf for dancing :D
Reply Quote
60 Orc Shaman
*ring ring*
/mountwindowlessvan
*ring ring*
Ice Cream for sale ... any lil'Panda's want some?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I'm growing a beard.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
A bump for a great guild. I just recently transferred over and have run into a few of you guys. Cheers and a free bump!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
01/26/2013 09:35 PMPosted by Callahan
I'm growing a beard.

I'm trying as well. It's going very slowly, for some reason...

NDhkNTc1MzQ1YTdkM2RiZGIyYmVhMTU2Yjc4ZmRlZmVlOTRmNzc5ZA==
Edited by Iteileag on 2/22/2014 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
ive not heard of your guild but you guys sound like a good guild with a good head on the people running it so im posting to bump them back to the front page
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
And with this, I summon thee from the deeeaaaad .... COME ALIVE THREAD ... COME ALIVE I SAY!!!

Winterhoof is coming ... soon we shall be sharing our soil (and our gnome meat) with those folks who wander the wastelands of another server. For that reason, I sally forth with tidings of Mosey and fun ...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]