25 Man Dragon Soul GDKP Run Saturday Nights

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Insomnia will be running a 25 Man Dragon Soul run on Saturday Nights at 11pm~2am server time. This run's loot will be handled GDKP style. If you are unaware how GDKP is managed, just look on the following site and it will explain it for you. http://www.tentonhammer.com/wow/guides/gdkp. Every player will be required to pay a 1,000g deposit at the beginning of the run that will be returned at the same time as the pot is split.

The run will consist of several members of Insomnia, Alts of the 2 raid groups, Mains of the non-core raiders, and will be filled by players who wish to join us. Invites to this run will happen 15 minutes before the start time on a first come first serve basis. With more interest, there will become a greater stipulation on who will be allowed to go. As of right now we are only requiring a minimum Item level of 385, this is easily obtained by Bind on Equip 397s, and Looking For Raid pieces. Higher item level may be required at later dates for heroic content.

These will be the rules for the run, it will be posted again before every run as a written agreement for every raider to abide by these rules to make it as fair and as fun as possible.

(This is a GDKP run. All items of value (Epics, BOE's, Enchant mats, Essences, Patterns) that drop will be auctioned off to the highest bidder. The combined Gold Pot from all Auction Sales will be split evenly 25-ways to everyone at the end of the raid. Raid members will only receive their share of the gold pot if they are present in the raid when the final boss dies, no exceptions. You forfeit your share of the Pot if you have to leave early or need to be replaced. You may be replaced if:
- You AFK for more than 5 minutes without informing the Raid Leader
- You DC for more than 5 minutes
- Your Raid Performance is terrible, Eg: You don't listen to Raid Leader's instructions, DPS is terrible for your level of gear etc.
All Auctions and Bids will be in public raid chat. Items have minimum bids, but no maximum bid. No private tells for bids are accepted. No loot is reserved. There is no extra loot/gold for the raid leader. Minimum Bid is 500g. Minimum Bid on Tier Tokens is 1000g. Minimum bid on Heroic pieces is 1000. Minimum bid on Heroic tier is 2500. Minimum Bid Increments is 100g on normal, 500g on heroics. If any of this is unclear or you have questions, please speak up now.)

We have done runs like this for several weeks now successfully downing many of the bosses. As of now, we have downed 6/8 bosses in the time limited and current gear of players who have joined the run. It is our goal to continue doing these runs up to Mists of Panderia, with increasing success in downing all normal bosses and moving into some heroic fights.

For this to be a successful run we need a balanced group of players who meet the following criteria:
~very welled geared players who need 1 or 2 pieces
~players who need several pieces of gear but meet the minimum item level who are looking to gear up
We are not wanting people who are as follows:
~players that are not very welled geared and are not looking to gear up
~players who have bad attitudes and wish to ruin the run for the other 24 players
The very well geared players will help make the run more of a success, it will allow for us to quickly down the normal bosses so that the not-so well geared players can gear up and allow the group to progress to heroics to open up more opportunities.

For experience-wise, we ask that you have at least cleared Looking For Raid, and have some experience in normal, maybe not on the character you're bringing but at least a main.

~Cauldrons will be provided by myself (not by the guild) so it is only if I have the time to farm the materials myself.
~Food will not be provided but it is asked that you bring your own Buff Food to make the run more of a success (200g for a stack of fortune cookies is not that much).
~Vent is required, you do not have to have the ability to speak but you must be able to listen, we will be using Insomnia's guild vent.

Ultimately this run is for fun, so we ask that you keep a level head and expect mistakes to happen. I personally have had a lot of fun organizing these for the past several weeks and hope this post brings some more interest to it. Look forward to seeing the new-comers to the runs, its always fun to see how far the bidding goes, and everyone enjoying themselves.

I can be reached by in-game mail, by Real-ID, or by whisper if you wish to put your name out there or have any questions.

Real ID: jdmcgraw@gci.net
Hellangél (Death Knight)
Séxangél (Hunter)
Holyangél (Paladin)
Whiteangél (Priest)
Tinyangél (Shaman)
(All accented E's are alt + 130)
Edited by Hellangél on 4/23/2012 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
~GDKP Statistics~
~Largest Pot: 270,200g
~Largest player split (including deposit): 10,808g
~Highest Bid: 50,000g
~Bosses killed: 8/8

Common FAQ
Q: Is an add-on used during the raid to track gold, such as bidding and pot amount, and how much is split?

A: Yes, and add-on is used called GDKPd, which tracks the gold that is given from every player and added into a pot, the add-on also tracks players bids as long as they give a number higher then the minimum increment, the add-on will then announce the current highest bid every time a new bid is displayed.

Q: Is there an add-on that I as a raid member can use for easy bidding?

A: Yes, GDKPd can also be used as an easy way to bid, it has an "auto-bid" function where you can set an amount that you want to set as your maximum bid, and it will bid for you till that number is reached if another player overbids your current bid. It also has just a normal "bid" button that allows you to push it and automatically display a bid with the minimum increment added on.

Q: How many Non-Insomnia Members are there compared to Insomnia members?

A: There is about a 40/60 attendance rate, Insomnia Members/Non-Insomnia members. There usually is no more then 50% of the raid made up of the guilds members.
Edited by Hellangél on 5/5/2012 11:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Are you running an addon to keep track of bids as well as splitting the pot afterward? That got to be pretty chaotic without it, in past. Also, what are your non-Insomnia turnouts like? It was a difficult sell on this server before, but people really warmed up to the idea after being in it themselves.
Reply Quote
For the past several weeks that we have been running them, it has been about a 40/60, Insomnia member/non-Insomnia members, usually no more then half. (Hence why we don't run 25-man guild runs) But yes, an add-on is used to track the bidding, (which is announced in raid warning what the highest bid is and who placed it), as well as how much each player receives at the split time. Players can download the add-on themselves giving them an easy way to "bid" for the items by setting up an "auto-bid" or by clicking the "bid" button which will add the minimum increment to the current highest bid. The add-on is called, GDKPd. It is available on curse.com.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Wow Highest bid 15k. This GDKP is quite a Deal. I've seen Weapons back in Bastion of Twilight and Blackwing Descent go for 75k on Mal'Ganis server on a normal basis. No idea how much they are going for now but this seems like some really decent pricing.
Edited by Chickenwingz on 4/16/2012 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I was wondering if i can sign up me and my Buddy Kalsor? i would like to come on Nokrim
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I have run with many on these runs. They are a blast !. U can buy what u need? or What you want to give to that special someone. Just have the gold to do so. Then at the end of the run? As Long as you stay for the entire run? You get paid in th end. So it's a threefor, u get loot, you learn the fights, and you get paid. When I say you learn the fights? I mean you learn the Proper fights outside of the much toned down raid finder...

I wish they were not so late at nite, for I surely would hop in one.

Anyways... great offer folks, and to all that are considering it? DO IT ! if you have not the ability to otherwise do so...Peace
Reply Quote
04/16/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Nokrim
I was wondering if i can sign up me and my Buddy Kalsor? i would like to come on Nokrim

Unfortunately, to make it fair, I don't reserve spots. About an hour before the run Ill be posting in trade chat about the run for last minutes. 30 minutes before I'll start accepting whispers from interested people. 15 minutes before the run, I'll start the actual invites. Its the only way I know how to do it fairly, due to the enormous amount of interest we get each week.
Reply Quote
You mentioned in chat Hell that healer spots were few and far apart, but I will give you a holler 30min or so before raid time to see if you can fit me in.

Tsorb/Aarundil
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I was part of the group that regularly held the GDKP runs in Wrath, and my main concern was attendance in Cataclysm, since the changes made to raiding (LFR which has the same items, subtracting six item levels, better badge gear, and more guilds running 10s). If I remember correctly, some of the biggest ticket items were going for upwards of 50000 gold (DBW and DFO) and with the implementation of LFR, that such items would be easy to look over or be a relatively smaller upgrade compared to upgrading from a previous tier/badge gear. Also, I felt that in large part some people were taking part just to actually see the instance itself, but similarly, LFR takes away that aspect. Though I imagine anyone running LFR more than once gets the sense of how bland it is, and would want to do the instance as it was intended.

Regardless, it sounds like business is good and it was always a fun experience. I'll definitely pop my head in if I'm around one of those nights.
Edited by Arcenciel on 4/17/2012 11:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You mentioned in chat Hell that healer spots were few and far apart, but I will give you a holler 30min or so before raid time to see if you can fit me in.

Tsorb/Aarundil

Yeah, within the first 5 mins of invites, I usually have all the healing spots full. Both tank spots are covered, so usually its just dps that's needed ironically enough. (Which is why I start invites early to fill 17 dps spots so we can start on-time.)

And to Arcenial's post, we were a little worried at first about how GDKP would work out with how everything has changed with the lockouts merging for 25 mans and 10 mans and then the implementation of Looking for Raid, but after 2 weeks of just running 2 weeks of PuG normal 25 mans we knew the lockouts weren't an issue and the interest for 25 man pugs were there still so all that was left was to attempt the run using GDKP instead of MS/OS. Which our surprise and happiness it worked out. We haven't been able to clear the instance yet which we would like to, but that comes with the lockout issue, and lack of geared alts on the server. But it's been fun doing as much as we can so far.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We are still going!!
Reply Quote
Don't be shy, can use all the interest in the run that we can get. Spine and Madness will go down this week!
Reply Quote
Bet your non-existent monk is still better then Bron's hunter, lol.
Reply Quote
Ouch...
Reply Quote
Saturday night is almost here! Cant wait to see how big the pot gets this week.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Bumping for tonight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]