Name has been flagged for rename

90 Undead Mage
I'm stuck locked out of my priest untill someone fixes this or I take a name I don't want.
-I just bought a server transfer and a faction change for my priest.
-I changed my name in the character design window
-Now when I try and log on that character it sais that my name has been flagged for rename and that I have to change my name.
-I already have the name I want on my priest
-I can make a character with that name on other servers so it isn't my name choice

So it won't let me log on unless I name change, and I can't name change because she is already using the name I want.

I opened a ticket ingame but waiting 4 days for that seems absurd considering the reason I transfered the priest was to level it faster with boas. if anyone has any advice or anything it would be nice.
Edited by Trolololol on 4/15/2012 12:40 PM PDT
69 Orc Death Knight
There's a sticky at the top of this forum about this.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4175550192
90 Undead Mage
Must have missed the sticky. Well that's cool, I payed 55 dollars so that I can't play my character for 4 days.
85 Troll Shaman
04/15/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Trolololol
Must have missed the sticky. Well that's cool, I payed 55 dollars so that I can't play my character for 4 days.

Another day in the life of a warcraft player.
90 Undead Mage
So since i am under the assumption nothing can be done here because of the sticky, my question is this. If I choose a new name so I can play the character will a GM give me the name I want? or will they expect me to pay another 10 dollars to fix their <removed> up?

I mean as it is, I've payed an absurd amount of money (for what I get) to level faster, and now I get to pay to wait (longer than it would have taken to level to 85 in the first place) for them to fix it, or I get to pay even more money to fix it (unless someone comes in here with good news for me).
Edited by Harlsoco on 4/17/2012 6:55 PM PDT
So since i am under the assumption nothing can be done here because of the sticky, my question is this. If I choose a new name so I can play the character will a GM give me the name I want? or will they expect me to pay another 10 dollars to fix their f*** up?

I mean as it is, I've payed an absurd amount of money (for what I get) to level faster, and now I get to pay to wait (longer than it would have taken to level to 85 in the first place) for them to fix it, or I get to pay even more money to fix it (unless someone comes in here with good news for me).

I'm pretty sure they will fix it.
Edited by Bavra on 4/15/2012 1:17 PM PDT
85 Human Mage
I'm fairly certain that this issue has priority and you won't be waiting the entire 4 days.
90 Pandaren Mage
Pick a random name, and open a ticket. In the ticket, let them know you picked a random name so you could play the game, and tell them the name you want. They will be able to fix it.
90 Undead Mage
So, after 2 days of waiting on a ticket, it got closed because whatever idiot read it decided that I was trying to report someone for a bad name or foul language or cheating / scamming. I would love it if someone who I could trust would have anything to say, things like "fairly certain"
and "pretty sure" end up being wong most of the time in my exp.
36 Blood Elf Hunter
Maybe they thought you were trying to self-report because Trolololol violates part of the naming policy. Might that be the case?
85 Human Hunter
So, after 2 days of waiting on a ticket, it got closed because whatever idiot read it decided that I was trying to report someone for a bad name or foul language or cheating / scamming. I would love it if someone who I could trust would have anything to say, things like "fairly certain"
and "pretty sure" end up being wong most of the time in my exp.

If you open the Support link at the top of this page you will be able to reopen the same ticket since your issue was not resolved.

Maybe they thought you were trying to self-report because Trolololol violates part of the naming policy. Might that be the case?

He's talking about a different character.
Edited by Nisia on 4/17/2012 1:38 PM PDT
90 Undead Mage

04/15/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Trolololol
I'm stuck locked out of my priest untill someone fixes this or I take a name I don't want.
Trolololol is a mage.
90 Undead Mage
sigh, never fails to amaze me. Write out a nice ticket and get an idiot, but if you spam stuck you get someone who not only knows about the problem, but just lets you know that he fixed it for you after going back and looking at your first ticket.

GG
This topic has expired. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]