Low Level BGs, Non-Twinking

33 Orc Warrior
I just have some questions and concerns about low level bgs. Why did you guys feel the need to give hunters all of their main movement-impairing effects as early as level 10? I can't go into a bg without seeing just about every hunter with a spider pet and when I try to charge, I get webbed. If I do manage to get a charge off, they wing clip me or concussive shot me, then lay into me with arcane shots then continually spam concussive shot to keep me slowed. What I just mentioned is something that, not just me, but everyone besides hunters, goes through in low level bgs. To make it more balanced, could you give every class at least 1 or 2 movement-impairing effects at about level 10 so that hunters don't completely dominate low level bgs? And to also make things more balanced, why give charge the ability to be used in combat at all times now instead of out of combat, because hunters always get the first shot off and we cannot defend ourselves at low levels against them. I hope that I am not the only person who sees this as unbalanced. I am not just making this post to complain about the class, but to also speak out for those people out there just starting WoW and going into a bg and just getting their butts handed to them.
Reply Quote
33 Orc Warrior
I hope they do fix it in MoP, but they probably won't. If I know Blizzard, they will probably reduce the cooldown on concussive shot from 6 seconds down to 3, just to please the hunters even more. Kind of stupid that the daze effect on concussive shot is 5 seconds and the cooldown itself on concussive shot is 6 seconds. That really isn't much fair to everyone else, but eh, what can you do besides wish and hope they increase the cooldown on it to 10 or 15 seconds. Hunters shouldn't have anything to worry about with a cooldown like that because they always have wing clip as a back up.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
They're actually removing Concussive Shot in MoP and tying the snare in with Glyph of Arcane Shot (and players cant get glyphs until level 25).

Link to glyph:
http://mop.wowhead.com/item=42901

The problem lies more in the disproportionate damage between Rogues and Hunters, and everyone else, which will still exist if all they do is implement a passive 30% damage reduction (they'll still be doing more damage than everyone else).
Reply Quote
33 Orc Warrior
Well, I am glad to hear about them removing concussive shot. Maybe it will bring more balance to low level bgs.
Reply Quote
As a warrior your pvp experience at low levels will be painful. I'd suggest leveling to 29 at least and respeccing prot to get war bringer.
Edited by Taishichi on 4/16/2012 10:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
82 Orc Warrior
Why is this a thread? You could have looked through the front page of the forums and found 6 more threads like this, and just posted on one of those. Everyone knows low level pvp is not balanced, it has not been ever, WONT be ever, and therefore, should not be talked about, ever.

Its one of the most brought up things on the BG forms, and by in large, one of the things that people care about least.

Stop complaining and just pve. Low level, warriors are insane in PVE. Take advantage of that.
Reply Quote
33 Orc Warrior
Why is this a thread? You could have looked through the front page of the forums and found 6 more threads like this, and just posted on one of those. Everyone knows low level pvp is not balanced, it has not been ever, WONT be ever, and therefore, should not be talked about, ever.

Its one of the most brought up things on the BG forms, and by in large, one of the things that people care about least.

Stop complaining and just pve. Low level, warriors are insane in PVE. Take advantage of that.

If you have nothing nice or helpful to say, don't say anything at all. If you don't care about this, don't post your comment.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
First of all, not to be rude, but its quite silly to pvp as a warrior below level 60. Its quite pointless. Unless you have charge in combat you're more or less boned by any class.
Reply Quote
10 Dwarf Hunter
Spiders can't web you until you hit lvl 20 till then no pets use there special abilities. BM hunters can stun you for 3 secs with Intimidation. But I do agree they are OP at low levels with there slows and stuns all before level 15
Edited by Nérf on 4/16/2012 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
66 Worgen Warrior
agreed. What I don't understand is why Blizz would put and in combat leash on our main gap closer which is charge. they might as well cut off our limbs while we they are at it. Hopefully MOP will at least let us have our in combat charge in earlier levels.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
04/16/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Rorgenbar
agreed. What I don't understand is why Blizz would put and in combat leash on our main gap closer which is charge. they might as well cut off our limbs while we they are at it. Hopefully MOP will at least let us have our in combat charge in earlier levels.

It'll be baseline in MoP, and hunters won't have concussive shot until level 25 (Concussive Shot itself is being removed, but there's adding a glyph that ties the daze into Arcane Shot and no glyphs until 25.)

Still not an excuse for having such a massive lack of foresight. It's not like they even have a good reason for not letting Warriors charge in combat until level 49 - They could've changed it at any point, but they just sat back and watched the world (In this case, the world is every lowbie Warrior) burn.
Reply Quote
20 Night Elf Druid
Low level warrior pvp will make you cry. No good player will let you ever get a charge off and if they are ranged they will kite you to death.....literally. This can cause a lot of new players to quit.
Reply Quote
20 Human Warrior
fury gets an aoe slow at 19 if you spec into it, then at 29 go prot for a combat charge/ if you enjoy the class low level pvp isnt the end of the world
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
In Mists Warriors can charge in combat. Not this will help against snares but it's still there.
Reply Quote
24 Blood Elf Hunter

That makes sense
Reply Quote
ask low lvl hunters what they think of rogues :)

I used to kill hunters just because they were OP.

Loved watching them rage about not being able to kill me unless they caught me out of stealth which I could usually sprint and LOS then restealth anyways.

don't cry about hunters when rogues are the only true OP low lvl bg class
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]