Internal Error Of the Launcher?

88 Undead Priest
I have been having problems with the downloader having an internal Error. this may help you.

If you are currently testing the 64-bit client, in order to patch up to 4.3.4 you will need to remove the 64-bit files to allow the patching process to complete.

With the 64-bit client files in place you will receive the error: Blizzard Updater failed with an internal error.

Simply delete the 64-bit files listed below from the World of Warcraft folder, and the patching process will resume after going through a short repair process.

Windows
Battle.net-64.dll
MovieProxy.exe
WoW-64.exe

Mac
World of Warcraft-64.app

A new version of the 64-bit client files will be available for 4.3.4 after the patch is live. Please keep an eye on the 64-bit client forum thread for updated files. <3 Kalisto
Reply Quote
36 Night Elf Druid
Thanks for the post. This did resolve my issue, but unfortunately the Launcher has detected data corruption and is now repairing. I would have liked to have known prior to patching that I needed to remove the 64-bit client files to avoid this problem. Ideally, I would like to be able to patch without needing to remove the 64-bit client files at all.

At least this issue is now resolved for me. Thank you.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Priest
anytime.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
im having the same problem ,and i deleted the file, and it still wont let me use the launcher?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/29/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Byaw
im having the same problem ,and i deleted the file, and it still wont let me use the launcher?

yah me too
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I never tried the 64 bit client but it still wont let me use the launcher
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]