The best rbg hunter in the game ... link

85 Human Priest
04/21/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Ilke
am going to take this advice since a lot of Rets are just clearly trolling.

the sad part is i dont think they are. these ppl honestly feel entitled to multiple viable specs. good thing hunters dont feel this entitlement to 1, or we might be upset over the last 2 xpacs.

Considering RBG's didn't exist in wrath what the hell are you even talking about? Hunters were amazing in Wrath arena as well.

You all need to learn the definition of the word viable.
Reply Quote
#1 RBG player in the world is a Hunter.

/tiphat

Edit: In other words, this thread is invalid until you change the title to note that this is only in the US.

Before anyone tries to take this guys word with it I'd like to show some backstory.

Almost every hunter in the top 100-150 Euro RBG ladders at these ratings are part of a hacking crew that hasn't been dealt with because... well it's eu, they really don't police over there like they do now. The highest RBG hunter in the world has 0 gear, and achieved a rating of 3959 as part of "Pvptop" a russian hacking/boosting service that sells these accounts for large sums of money. Yes the 2nd place player is also named Skypepvptop and is wearing greens with 0 HKs lifetime.

You'll also notice that most of the players associated with this boosting service have 0 HKs, and/or 0 games played most of the time. They've also been reported multiple times for selling these accounts, hacking them, taking them back, and re-selling them.

They are pretty popular and you can see an example here:

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8269/euhyes.png

and if you log on to any euro pvp server they're pretty much spamming there 24/7 saying "Skype: Pvptop". Almost everyone in the top 150 is a boosted account from this service, the only one that's probably legit is "Ruddy" and he's an absolute monster as well as having a bunch of friends that are all r1 players willing to take him regardless of his class. If you queue into these players on accident your scoreboard will look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/gzGgA.jpg

And you will instantly lose the game when you zone in and they get like 300 pts.

So the OP is still valid, cheaters shouldn't be factored into anything about balance.
Edited by Bubblês on 4/21/2012 10:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
So, EU has no "real" players over 2700 then?

Considering they traditionally have higher ratings over there than we do (same skill level, higher rating) and we have people at 3k...
Edited by Schleichend on 4/21/2012 10:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Summary: Be a good player and you'll get into RBGs. Don't be a bad player to get into RBGs. All classes are taken into RBGs, working as intended!
Reply Quote

Considering they traditionally have higher ratings over there than we do (same skill level, higher rating) and we have people at 3k...

You must not have read my full post. Please read it again and when you "get it" come back to me. No where in my post did I say "no one over 2700 is legit", you're welcome to spend all night searching for it though.

Using a hacker as a basis for your point is pretty moronic, especially when you don't even understand what's going on over there. It's not exactly "news" to most of us in the arena scene atm. Ruddy is legit, the other hunters at the 2700-4000 ratings there are part of Pvptop.
Edited by Bubblês on 4/21/2012 11:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

You must not have read my full post. Please read it again and when you "get it" come back to me. No where in my post did I say "no one over 2700 is legit", you're welcome to spend all night searching for it though.

Using a hacker as a basis for your point is pretty moronic, especially when you don't even understand what's going on over there. It's not exactly "news" to most of us in the arena scene atm. Ruddy is legit, the other hunters at the 2700-4000 ratings there are part of Pvptop.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/trollbane/Ruddy/advanced

This guy?

He dual wields swords... wat
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Any particular reason you're being an over aggressive !@#$%^- tonight, Bubbles? Majinbuu take your girl away by bowflexin his 17 R1s? I also sincerely apologize for not being familiar with sources for purchasing rating.
Reply Quote
04/21/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Synthesia

Bleh what the hell , trivial stat difference is trivial.

This will sound cliche from someone up north but. But what you said sounded like this :

Wayne Gretzky

This guy? he's only 180lbs. He'll get destroyed.

2800 points. 1000 more than the 2nd player in history. 60 hockey records in the book.

(thought about Jordan but he was physically tall and strong so it didn't work for this)
Edited by Tigidou on 4/22/2012 2:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
#1 RBG player in the world is a Hunter.

/tiphat

Edit: In other words, this thread is invalid until you change the title to note that this is only in the US.
Who? This guy? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Rpgboxru/simple
Edited by Whim on 4/22/2012 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
04/22/2012 02:13 AMPosted by Tigidou

Bleh what the hell , trivial stat difference is trivial.

This will sound cliche from someone up north but. But what you said sounded like this :

Wayne Gretzky

This guy? he's only 180lbs. He'll get destroyed.

2800 points. 1000 more than the 2nd player in history. 60 hockey records in the book.

(thought about Jordan but he was physically tall and strong so it didn't work for this)

Uhm... ok?
Reply Quote
04/22/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Synthesia
Uhm... ok?

lol it wasn't all that great of an example i'll give you that. (in fact it was very poor now that i re-read it).

But w/e. Trying to act confused as if to fake how you had possibly not understood what i said (cept you did) makes you sound cool. It's ok , if a little trendy but still very cool.
Edited by Tigidou on 4/24/2012 3:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hunters were amazing in Wrath arena as well.You all need to learn the definition of the word viable.

If you consider to be ranked dead last 2 seasons, and 2nd to last one season as "Amazing", then you clearly need to learn the definition of alot more than just the word viable.

Hint, hunters received the biggest pvp nerf list to one class in the history of WoW during a MINOR patch just weeks after Beastcleave was made popular. A couple of weeks of being viable in a comp that was destroyed by the dev's does not make the class amazing for a 2+ year expansion.

I'd hate to see what you had to say about casters or rogues in wotlk arena. If you think the statistically worst class in arena was "Amazing" then you must think all casters, rogues, and dk's were Godly!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
lol alter isn't even good. You have to cast it and predict when you are gonna take massive dmg
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Lol no truer words have ever been spoken
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
What does a RBG have to do with any single skilled toon? Nothing!!! So any hunter can play on a good team and get a great rating with no weapon on. Thats why its a team. Great players carry.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
04/24/2012 07:07 AMPosted by Paetheas
Hunters were amazing in Wrath arena as well.You all need to learn the definition of the word viable.

If you consider to be ranked dead last 2 seasons, and 2nd to last one season as "Amazing", then you clearly need to learn the definition of alot more than just the word viable.

Hint, hunters received the biggest pvp nerf list to one class in the history of WoW during a MINOR patch just weeks after Beastcleave was made popular. A couple of weeks of being viable in a comp that was destroyed by the dev's does not make the class amazing for a 2+ year expansion.

I'd hate to see what you had to say about casters or rogues in wotlk arena. If you think the statistically worst class in arena was "Amazing" then you must think all casters, rogues, and dk's were Godly!

What you mean when beastcleave was made absolutely absurdly overpowered? What does the fact that it was fixed in a minor patch have to do with anything?

It wasn't just viable it was overpowered. Seriously learn the definition of viable.

Representation statistics prove nothing other than that a class/spec is under-represented. Just because x class RBG rep is low doesn't mean it is a bad class. There are a multitude of variables as to why it isn't being brought.

Quit throwing around "viable" and "statistics" as if you actually know what they mean.
Edited by Chansey on 5/3/2012 9:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What you mean when beastcleave was made absolutely absurdly overpowered? What does the fact that it was fixed in a minor patch have to do with anything?

It wasn't just viable it was overpowered. Seriously learn the definition of viable.

Representation statistics prove nothing other than that a class/spec is under-represented. Just because x class RBG rep is low doesn't mean it is a bad class. There are a multitude of variables as to why it isn't being brought.

Quit throwing around "viable" and "statistics" as if you actually know what they mean.

Even though beastcleave was very strong for s5/s6 and a lot of tournaments since they only used s5 gear, hunters were statistically the weakest class in all of wrath in comparison to all others. Don't mistake that for "bad" because hunters were good in multiple seasons of wrath. But when you have to rank all 9 classes, 1 will always be last, and hunters were statistically the weakest class overall in wrath when combining s5-s8.
Edited by Bubblês on 5/4/2012 2:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Bubbles my bro how are you doing?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/03/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Chansey

It doesn't? What are these multitude of variables? Do you dispute the overall sentiment or words like "bad" and "viable" being used to desribe the situation? Can't we agree that there are issues thus resulting in poor representation? What other metric should we use to discuss the "viability" of a particular class other than its representation?

These threads just go around and around in circles.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]