updating setup files

1 Human Paladin
hello don't know if this is a issue but I been on updatting setup files for at least 14 hours + is that normal do I need to be out of wow for that any questions ?
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
bump now its more then 24 hours + plz help i wanna play the beta
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
i am also stuck. seems to be a prob with a bunch of people. Tried deleting and restarting the MoP setup, but still getting stuck. Blizz hasn't seemed to say anything about it; at least that I have seen
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Happened to me too, im a MAC user, Mac OS X 10.6.8, i have restartet my MAC, i vae closed and re open the beta setup app, and nothing. i deled the installation folder from the apps folder, and it worked
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Just an update, i let it download the whole night, and i woke up at 12mid night, i got a wowerror and it restarted again it's stuck at "updating setup files"
Reply Quote
52 Undead Rogue
This is exactly what happened to me, I started the download process when I went to bed last night expecting it to be all downloaded when I got up but when I got to my computer it had an error of some sort, now whenever I try to start again it gets stuck on the downloading setup files thing :(
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Stuck on updating files box, has anyone found a way to fix this? Please help.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Hey all, I had the same problem, but I got the game running, go to the file where the beta game is install, than run the game (click on) with the green "WOW" icon, and the game should load, it works for me, just make a short cut and run your beta game with this icon, my "launch" icon still does not work and it will stuck on "updating files" but I don't care I'm playing it now heh.

Good luck all!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I get this too but I can't even install it because its stuck at setup files
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
same here, stuck at updating setup files
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
same here stuck at set up files did ok on other computer but not this one lol
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
GDI..MOEHWrpioewuhfkjenrguir3...

Works fine on my fiancee's craptop lol but not on my desktop where I play these damned games!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
so, whats the FREAKIN fix, been stuck on this since noon today. done a dozen different things found in the forums and yet it is still updating setup files. maybe the perfect fix is not to pay the next months subscription. pretty bad after 3 years this is the worse its ever been.
Reply Quote
im still stuck on this updating files thing and i have idea what to do anymore
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Yeah this is bull!@#$ this updating setup files thing is running 50% of my computer's processing power and hasn't moved from under the L for about 3 hours now... what's going on blizz how do we fix this!
Edited by Deathdeala on 8/29/2012 9:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Having the same issue. I deleted everything Blizz related on my computer to reinstall. Now both Diablo 3 AND warcraft do the "Updating setup files" only warcraft is only download running for THE LAST 10 GOD DAMN HOURS. blizz turned off their phone system so i cant get help, and they have 48 hours to answer a ticket...this is BULL blizz!!! how many times have you updated this game? how many patches? how many hot fixes? and yet you cannot improve this massive issue that seems to worsen with each expansion.. A LITTLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT BLIZZARD i normal am understanding with blizz and some game issues...but damn near 24 hours of a patch download that doesnt work and client download for your games that is faulty ....someone get on this thread and address these issues
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I couldn't get the damn thing to work at all.. tried everything. So, uninstalled and now it's just sitting here trying to "update setup files" .. sitting in the same spot for the longest. WTF Blizz... FIX THIS SH*T
Reply Quote
Yeah and I still have to apparently download the patch after this because speakeasy.net says my speed's are not even being used by anything. Not cool to download a 7 gig patch with a 300kbps fu*king connection it takes 7 hours so I still have to wait another 7 hours after this updating setup files crap is done.. if it ever get's done I keep seeing the bar jump about a half inch forward then it jumps back to where it's been forever. It's also running my processor so it's acting like it's froze up or something... FKKKKK THIS!! And I just resubscribed 2 days ago after 4 months of not playing because of boredom!!!!!
Edited by Lifegiverr on 8/29/2012 11:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Lifegiverr, I understand your pain. I had to download a ~21GB file with a ~450kbps speed.

@OP try this out:

Installation stuck at 0 %

Please try deleting the battle.net folders:

[WINDOWS XP]
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net
  • [WINDOWS VISTA/7]
  • C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
  • [MAC OS X]
  • /Users/Shared/Blizzard/Battle.net
  • **Note** you will need to enable hidden files and folders on your system in order to see the Program Data and Application Data folders on Windows systems.

Additionally, if on OS X, the older pre-5.0.4 Launcher may be launched concurrently with the newer one. Please switch to this older launcher and close it, and let the re-optimisation complete.
    Reply Quote
    Nope, same issue. Now at around 8 hours stuck in same spot.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]