The Conocation of Silvermoon

(Locked)

100 Blood Elf Priest
And what would be the differnce between a Blood Elf Council and the Convocation, from my understanding, is also a council?
100 Blood Elf Mage
If we are going to remain a culture true to that Blood Elf cultural creed, that strives for power, our council should be an oligarchy. Royal blood should mean nothing to the culture any more. The government should be empowered by a council of elites who elect their leader based on strength rather than some idealistic democratic process.

Even if there are High Elves on that council, they'd still be strong willed enough to push for leadership vs their blood elf counterparts.

A darker system of government would keep the Blood Elf theme grey, rather than being totally obliterated by the BC sunwell redemption.

That council would the same that rebuilt the Reliquary and pushed for dissidents to be mind controlled and eliminated as political threats to the population.
Edited by Opheron on 4/13/2012 3:19 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Priest
I was thinking in terms of an Oligarchy, but I think the redemption theme should stay. Not saying that we should revert to being High Elves, some High Elf Blood Elf tension is good for story development. Though I also think the two sides should eventually reconcile, but focus here is the Convocation itself.
100 Blood Elf Mage
A new name could be nice to distance them from that Sunstrider era.

Personally i'd go with something like Silver Crescent Conclave Icon of the Silver Crescent ;)
100 Blood Elf Priest
I don't see a reason for Blood Elves to distance themselves from the Sunstider era. It the Highborne Sunstider that led them to Quel'thalas and Anasterian did well until Arthas. If anyone they be distancing themselves from would be Kael'thas. Kael'thas' actions should damn a whole lineage. And I sure if Blizzard writes this they'll stick to the Convocation of Silvermoon.
04/13/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Elenie
Bring in the next Sunstrider already =)

If there is a surviving Sunstrider heir to the throne they needs be unknown to Silvermoon and the Blood Elves.

Barring an enormous retcon that is, which I do not support as a viable option.

Therefore the heir would have to be either High Elf raised, or brought up by some decidedly neutral affiliate. And I think we can all agree that a High Elf heir is the most likely.

And I am not sure an Alliance affiliated heir to the throne of Silvermoon could step in without resulting bloodshed and further civil war.

Essentially, I have difficulty seeing the arrival of a High Elf heir as anything more or less than a death sentence for the nation of Quel'thalas. As their crippled state and economy could not support another war for the throne.
100 Human Mage
Made a reply earlier in the thread, Kyn. You're a bit late to that one, sorry XD
04/13/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Damila
What say you?

I say don't expect anything story related with anything that isn't a human or an orc.
100 Blood Elf Mage
04/13/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Brukk
Bring in the next Sunstrider already =)

If there is a surviving Sunstrider heir to the throne they needs be unknown to Silvermoon and the Blood Elves.

Barring an enormous retcon that is, which I do not support as a viable option.

Therefore the heir would have to be either High Elf raised, or brought up by some decidedly neutral affiliate. And I think we can all agree that a High Elf heir is the most likely.

And I am not sure an Alliance affiliated heir to the throne of Silvermoon could step in without resulting bloodshed and further civil war.

Essentially, I have difficulty seeing the arrival of a High Elf heir as anything more or less than a death sentence for the nation of Quel'thalas. As their crippled state and economy could not support another war for the throne.

Yea, it'd be like bringing to light some evidence that Vareesa is an illegitimate child to Anasterian and the mother of Alleria and Sylvanas. Keeping her a Windrunner to avoid embarrassment and basically paying them off with status.

It'd make a mess of things to say the least. I'd prefer for them to treat the monarchy as dead, since "Kael'thas himself decreed that Anasterian will always be the last king of Quel'Thalas. The crown is unclaimed."
90 Orc Hunter
04/13/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Gethrian
the absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence

I'm sorry, but I gotta do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w5JqQLqqTc

Not safe for work. Mature Language.
SAY WHAT ONE MORE TIME!
100 Human Mage
04/16/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Emmberr
And that's Lor'themar's story, his knowledge. It's inherently flawed, because it is the perspective of a character, and all characters possess limited knowledge about the world.

So basically, we can debunk anything we want that we disagree with as non-canon?

Or as misconception. Ur wrote a book about the worgen, but its not like the worgen were non-canon. His observations were wrong and influence and biased by his own fears and perceptions. Characters are not infallible.

Look at the Andorhal situation. Sylvanas stated the Alliance farmers were actually soldiers. In truth, the Alliance quest shows you they -are- farmers, though they are trained into a makeshift militia. However, militia =/= soldiers, so Sylvanas was either:

A) Lying to suit her own ends
B) Misinterpreting what she saw because of her own perception and bias
04/13/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Tevinter
Lor'themar

Who?

She means Bob of Silvermoon.
85 Blood Elf Mage
If we are going to remain a culture true to that Blood Elf cultural creed, that strives for power, our council should be an oligarchy. Royal blood should mean nothing to the culture any more. The government should be empowered by a council of elites who elect their leader based on strength rather than some idealistic democratic process.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd be fine even with Lor'themar being crowned king of Silvermoon (most unlikely) but anything than the current state of affairs in Quel'thalas would be wonderful. I still hate what they did to Kael'thas, he's the reason I started playing this game anyways :P

Blizz hasn't done much with the Sindorei or Draenei in a while it seems.
Edited by Celimbror on 10/19/2012 5:12 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I reserve judgement until the next patch where we get to see Lor'themar in action.
86 Blood Elf Mage
04/13/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Cártian
Lor'themar's still a regent until he either accepts the crown or another blood elf makes a claim.

Fear not fellow Sin'Dorei for I am Prince Almirith, bastard son of Kael'Thas, and rightful Heir to the Sunfury Throne! I will restore the tainted name of Sunstrider to beyond the place of honor that my grandfather and his father carried it to!

I pledge to restore the Convocation of Silvermoon, complete the restoration of our beloved Sunwell, restore the magical runestones protecting our lands from invaders, and purge the vile corruption brought upon our lands by vile Scourge! Once again our city will be whole and our lands returned to the unadulterated perpetual autumn we once knew!
90 Orc Warlock
10/19/2012

If there's any faction you belong in, it's the Scourge.
90 Human Death Knight
Holy crap necro much?...*looks at first page* oh look there's me from a long time ago XD
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]